Elk is not Bankrupt

OutCold

I skiied a couple of days last season at Elk and had a blast there. Go visit and support them. Its a big mountain and has the most "western skiing" feel of anyplace I've been in PA. - VY

Uhh, except the park is non-existent and they get really uptight about looking at a tree let alone skiing between one. True they have better conditions than the southern mountains. When the kids were younger I would drive the extra hour just for the quality of the fall line runs, but not any more. My kids kind of hate the place.

I agree with Philpug.....someone in power should delete this thread

I don't really see the need...I'll just change the title to "Elk is not bankrupt"

If we wanted to delete all the theads with misinformation on here...well there would probably be a lot missing :banghead

Not cool.

Infact, becuase it is such misinformation, this thread should be deleted. This is why the internet can be bad.

We go to elk every xmas and after reading this thread I was about to call my parents and tell them to cancel our xmas vacation and see if they can get the deposit back.

I don't really see the need...I'll just change the title to "Elk is not bankrupt"

If we wanted to delete all the theads with misinformation on here...well there would probably be a lot missing :banghead

Jeez, 'Dude, you're becoming sort of Yoda-like (and even though I despise Star Wars, I mean it as a compliment).

Uhh, except the park is non-existent and they get really uptight about looking at a tree let alone skiing between one.

I was thinking more of the whole ambience of the place. I agree, glade skiing is non-existent, but I enjoyed cruising double blues and blacks that I had all to myself. Going down runs without thousands of others was a very fine experience. Plus the runs are long. VY

I married into a family of Star Trek and Star Wars geeks/dweebs/nerds. It can be horrible at times.

... I was born into a family of Star Treck and Star Wars geeks/dweeb/nerds. I used to dig that stuff, but not so much anymore. Different strokes for different folks. If your not into the snow scene living with snow people really sucks too.

... I was born into a family of Star Treck and Star Wars geeks/dweeb/nerds. I used to dig that stuff, but not so much anymore. Different strokes for different folks. If your not into the snow scene living with snow people really sucks too.

Oops, sorry, Glen. :rolleyes:

I'm still getting over them watching Star Wars Episode Whatever instead of football on Thanksgiving. They cheered when Yoda had some light sabre fight with the extra-bad dude that cut off whathisnames arm.

But, then again, they don't understand my Chris Farley movie collection.

I'm still getting over them watching Star Wars Episode Whatever instead of football on Thanksgiving. They cheered when Yoda had some light sabre fight with the extra-bad dude that cut off whathisnames arm.

But, then again, they don't understand my Chris Farley movie collection.

No need to apologize. All in all it worked out. If my parents had been more into sports I probobly would have never got interested in music.

lol.. That would be Count Dooku who cut off Annikan's arm - Classic :D