So anyone know what Slopes will be open this Friday?

GorillaXBiscuits

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as of tonight, mainline and bunny look as if they could be opened tomorrow. So i am betting that most of the snowmaking for the rest of the week will be strongly directed twoards cannonball. I would definately count on it to be open for friday. montageskier will tell you boomer is also going to be open, but don't believe him. :nana just kidding...with a couple inches possible tonight, it would be nice to see boomer on opening day. If they open only with bunny and mainline i'll probably take a few runs on mainline but then spend alot of the day on the bunny.

Keep us updated about the possibility of Boomer for their opening day. It's awesome to watch moguls form from skier traffic, it could be real nice by late afternoon on the boomer bumps. Friday...hmmm. I have to figure out some sort of business appointment in Scranton. Opening days are the best, and this will be a really early opening for you guys. Keep is updated about opening day trails and pricing. I feel like I've been a bit of a Blue whore of late :banghead and want to hear more about Montage and other PA mountains and here locals advice as to where I can get lots of speed, air, bumps, and short liftlines.

will do, my freind works their and usually gives me updates, and i'll also be going up one of these days for a season pass. Not tomorrow though, we are both going to a show in philly so proabably update wednesday night. This is definately an early opening for montage.

What show? The ex-husband of someone I work with saw Velvet Revolver at Montage earlier in the summer. Do the concert up there make any money for the ski area? I always liked how Newswatch 16 was on the porch by the ski area and they always seemed to get so much more snow then here in Allentown. The awesome thing about the early opening is that alot of cool terrain will be open before the Holidays which is great for the ski areas and for especially for us.

I went to the warp tour this summer, thousands of people. I'm not exactly sure if the ski area benefits from the profit of the concerts. I would imagine since the county runs the mountain(until they sell it) that they give the mountain a set budget each year and that the concert profits have no change in the matter. I could be wrong, i'm just taking a guess. I think only the mountain is for sale and not the amphitheater, once again this is only a guess.

But we are going to see hawthorne heights with silverstein,bayside,and aiden at the electric factory. It's a nice place, bigger than the staircase in pittston if you have been there, and the sound system is awesome. My favorite place for shows though is the crocodile rock in allentown. Maybe it was just the band (doubt it) but throughout the entire show they were throwing bottles of water for us. If you have been into a pit you know it gets hot as hell in there. I probably walked out of there with every STD in the book from sharing water with so many people but what can you do about it :rock

Gross about the sharing water in the mosh-pit thing. One guy I knew in Bozeman who was a Montana rapper would sometimes offer me his last sip of Hennessey and I was always :no I've heard of the Electric Factory but haven't been there. Wasn't Hawthorne heights featured on the Real World ( not kidding). Emjoy the show and ride every chance you get this season.

ah i was dieing of thirst and felt like passing out, i'd rather take the std's :lol . But for real world, that was Hellogoodbye. A little bit different style than H.H. i saw H.H. at the warp tour and it was a good show so hopefully i won't be disappointed this time either. I'll emjoy the show and my riding for sure :wiggle

ya when i was comming home on the bus from school i was looking at montage and it sees like mainline is nice and spike looked nice to and i also saw that some of the northface slopes had snow on it but every slope hads snow on it cause it just snowed 2 days ago..but i didnt have to good of a view anyways.but from the looks of it they will definitly be opened by friday.I can ask my friend to ask his mom or dad cause there ski patrols what the conditions are up there and when they should be opening.

mainline and bunny have enogh snow to start pushing it and gettin it ready a couple more nights on spike and that can be open. cannonball i suspect will be open friday. if they start blowing boomer every night and not let up they will be able to open that, but they will have to get a lot of snow blown to get this open.

also i was up there last nigth and they had the phobe snow lift moving slow and stopping. i guess they were making sure all the chairs were safe.

Mainline, Cannonball, and Bunny should be open. Boomer and spike should be open mid week next week. Spike has just been getting drift from mainlines guns but it has some snow on it. They were blowing on Cannonball, Smoke, Boomer, Mainline, Bunny, and Snow tubing last night. I walked up to WNEP 16 and saw what they were blowing on. Cannonball is there main focus on the Northface, for right now and you could tell because it was gettin hit hard. But with two more nights of making snow it should be open. Mainline and bunny are able to be open right now by the looks of it.

Keep us updated about the possibility of Boomer for their opening day. It's awesome to watch moguls form from skier traffic, it could be real nice by late afternoon on the boomer bumps. Friday...hmmm. I have to figure out some sort of business appointment in Scranton. Opening days are the best, and this will be a really early opening for you guys. Keep is updated about opening day trails and pricing. I feel like I've been a bit of a Blue whore of late :banghead and want to hear more about Montage and other PA mountains and here locals advice as to where I can get lots of speed, air, bumps, and short liftlines.

Tickets have been either 10 or 15 dollars the past couple of years on opening day. Last year they had 10 or 15 dollar tickets for the first 3 days or so.

ah i was dieing of thirst and felt like passing out, i'd rather take the std's :lol . But for real world, that was Hellogoodbye. A little bit different style than H.H. i saw H.H. at the warp tour and it was a good show so hopefully i won't be disappointed this time either. I'll emjoy the show and my riding for sure :wiggle

I'm seein Hawthrone Heights tonight for a second time, my friend had an extra ticket so why turn down such a good offer.

anyway-I'm deciding between what places are open by this weekend, where to go. My friend and I were thinkin about takin a day trip somewhere maybe sunday. Not sure we we wanna go :-/ maybe we'll go here. havent been there for a while

im going up there 2 day to put a new candy machine in the lobby im gunna check with the manger to see if bommer will be open

Boomer wont be, and cannonball might not be open. it is fuckin rediculous, and they will have enough snow if they blow tonight and tommorow night.

i'll be there 8:30-10 friday,sat,and sunday. Most likely be there 12-10 everyday next week too. :rock

They arent open until 12pm on friday.

Boomer wont be, and cannonball might not be open. it is fuckin rediculous, and they will have enough snow if they blow tonight and tommorow night.

I guess we should have put money on it afterall... :rofl

hours for friday are 8:30-10...is it different for opening day?

Edited by riderossi

where did you see/hear that it is opening at 12? I was up there today and was taking a look at the new trail map and the hours for friday-sunday said 8:30-10. :confused

The girl said on the phone 12. I said to her but isnt it weekend hours and she said not for this friday. I think they wanna blow snow on friday night and then groom it around 9 or so, thats the only reason i see why a late opening.

The girl said on the phone 12. I said to her but isnt it weekend hours and she said not for this friday. I think they wanna blow snow on friday night and then groom it around 9 or so, thats the only reason i see why a late opening.

well that is pretty rediculous...pay $368 for a pass which is around the same price as other areas and we don't get to start until 12 on weekdays, now opening day friday is 12 too...lovely. :banghead:banghead

well that is pretty rediculous...pay $368 for a pass which is around the same price as other areas and we don't get to start until 12 on weekdays, now opening day friday is 12 too...lovely. :banghead:banghead

Not to be a dick but, why do you wanna wake up early and ride mainline all day. If cannonabll is open i can see it but just mailine isnt worth it. I am skipping school if cannonball is open, but if only mailine then im not.