PASR Day Jan. 15th

Metz the Jersey boy

dth- that royally sucks. Hopefully it all works out. Where'd ya get the ticket?

Yeah, this is my 3rd in 4 years. Got it about 2 miles from my house on the way back from a dentist appt. It's a road I rarely travel, and I just wanted to get back home and take a nap. Didn't realize how fast I was going. I haven't decided if I'm going to fight it yet. If I can't keep my rates from going up I don't see the point in lowering the fine. At least with the paperwork it will be a about a year till the insurance rates change, so I can start to save up.

... you'd think I would learn. The officer gave me the ticket and goes "Since you've recieved a few of these before I'm sure you know what to do."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it to court, try and get it amended. I know in jersey we have a ticket that you can take instead of speeding that is no points, but like a 180 dollar fine... its cheaper in the long run since there's no insurance problem

I did this with the last ticket I had. Would have been 3 points, but they dropped it to a 5 mpg over. I'm not sure if it gave me points, but since it was 2 speeding infractions within a 3 year period my insuracne went up. Apparently the best is to shoot for a "failure to observe traffic markings" which is no points and a lesser fine. Since it's not the same as a speeding violation I don't think my insurance will go up again, but I'm not postitive. Apprently everything gets reported even if there are no points issued. The last time I went to court it was a huge hassle though. I'll be paying for years if they do jack my rates, but the cop was pretty pissed and I'm not sure he's going to want to cut me some slack. Really it comes down to how much do I dislike the stress associated with the court process.

When I was stayin at my ex's house for a few days in new jersey over the summer, he got pulled over for speeding. I was scared because i was falling asleep since it was 3 AM. $110 fine and some points. Needless to say he was p-i-s-s-e-d. It was a very quiet ride home from there :ph34r:

first time I've ever been pulled over. Thank god I wasn't driving

Haha, dominant, I knew someone would get a bit curious as to what is going on with all of this.

I did not want to commit to this too early, but hopefully it will draw some people in.

As of right now, the two prizes are a $50 gift card to Pelican Ski Shop and a lift ticket that is good at any of the following mountains: Jay Peak, Smuggler's Notch, Sugarbush, Gore, Greek Peak, Loon, Mountain Creek, Bromley, Shawnee, Blue, Alpine, Hidden Valley, Sugarloaf, or Hunter.

There are pelican ski shops in Whitehouse, Morris Plains, and East Brunswick New Jersey, as well as Quakertown and Pottsville PA

That blow your hair back enough?

LOL, at least I know dominant will be there. Hope those prizes are up to par for ya. And yes, this contest is only for PASR people, so if your friends want in, tell them to sign online here.

I know that the 15th is a holiday weekend, and I'm sorry we're going up on a day that will be so packed, but there is a dual purpose to that day. We're also going up to support nipples in his competition and that is a lot of what this site is about: Getting behind each other, supporting the scene, and pushing each other to a higher level of skiing/riding.

If anyone else has any ideas about this PASR day, post them of PM me.

haha damn.. yo metz you should have a skier compr and snowboard comp seperate so nipples doesnt kill me with like a 7 or a switch 5.. or even 450's on what not haha

I've always found that the best way to not get killed at something is to go out and bust your hump practicing lol. Don't run away from nipples, take him on! I know you've got something sick you've been working on and haven't tried yet.

And also, I'm definitely going to be out with the digital camera (the real one, not the one on my phone) Jan. 15th, so hopefully we'll have some sweet pics to post on the site.

Also, anyone who definitely or is almost positive that they will be there, let me know, because i'm in the middle of talking to the Mt. Creek guys about tickets and whatnot.

And also, I'm definitely going to be out with the digital camera (the real one, not the one on my phone) Jan. 15th, so hopefully we'll have some sweet pics to post on the site.

Also, anyone who definitely or is almost positive that they will be there, let me know, because i'm in the middle of talking to the Mt. Creek guys about tickets and whatnot.

ill be there i sent you a PM so it would be more official then just posting a "yeah i should be there" haha

Rob you think you might be able to give me a ride? it would only be me going up and that parking lot is gonna be packed so its not worth it

I would love to car pool. However we will be leaving from the camelback area to head over VERY EARLY - if you can at least get over to me at CB we can go from there. I have room for more for more if they need a ride. We need to leave from CB about 6:30 am..

I would love to car pool. However we will be leaving from the camelback area to head over VERY EARLY - if you can at least get over to me at CB we can go from there. I have room for more for more if they need a ride. We need to leave from CB about 6:30 am..

hey pappa im down for meeting you at CB if you give me a ride out to creek that day haha

Creek is a pretty great mountain when you think that its in jersey.... don't know the vert off hand but its got to be close to blue and montage, if not bigger. Doug, trust me, there will be some nice sized moguls up there just calling your name. The parks are the big thing at Creek. Yes, I just did say parks with an "s" on the end. They've got a few. Talk to dominant about that, though. If you're serious about the park, you better head on over to Creek. Might change your mind about Jersey completely if The Sopranos hasn't already. Its good skiing, considering you're in the armpit of america...

We'll apologize for seaside heights being sleazy.

We'll apologize for not having to pump our own gas.

We'll apologize for burying jimmy hoffa under giants stadium.

We'll even apologize for all the people that died or got severely injured at Action Park.

We won't apologize for Mountain Creek, though. Its OUR mountain.

So are there going to be alot of people hitting up Mountain Creek? Whose been there before?

well i think you're more into the nice black and double black runs.. not sure about that

but if ya wanna know about their park.. well haha lets just say almost all of Vernon Peak is terrain parkS..

from top to bottom.. the nicest rails.. of all the mountains ive been to Mt Creek has the niceest rails by far, they make them theirselves and everything is sick haha.. you can catch a bad day or two at creek when its icy and really busy but thats why i head up tuesday and thursday mornings.. but anyways park wise mt creek has the best park around here unless your headin north to stratton or what not.

Camelback is my home mountain.. but Creek is now where i ride all the time haha

Another update on the status of PASR day-

Talked to Jose at Pelican Ski Shop today, and he was so enthused about what PASR is doing that it looks like they're going above and beyond donating some prizes and what not. Look for some sweet stuff to be appearing. Lift Tickets, gift cards, who knows what he'll do.

Also, I'm still talking with the Mountain Creek people. We should be getting a discount. Even if its a small one, its still a discount.

I'm getting souped up for it, and I know a few other people are as well. Hopefully it'll be a huge turnout. Nothing like seeing a group of 30 people tearing it up on the slopes together.