CB 12/28 sucked

Timeless

Just got back from a (short) day at CB, conditions sucked (3" of slush and a "base" of cat-tracked ice), there were too many people, most of whom couldn't ski/ride to save their lives. Far too many "MXC" candidates for my liking. Can't wait 'til the holidays are over... :angry:

Conditions at Blue were very nice, once again. I was still ripping GS arcs as hard as I could today at 11:15 on Challenge, just nice hardpack. Definatly no slush, what so ever. Was CB getting sun this morning?

Wait... did someone ask about Blue that didn't see the two threads already dedicated to the "perfect" skiing today?

Oh no, you're just a blue whore :)

Wait... did someone ask about Blue that didn't see the two threads already dedicated to the "perfect" skiing today?

Oh no, you're just a blue whore :)

thank you for that greg, haha.

you have to just expect bad crowds and conditions during this week. everyone is takeing days off to make their only trip up for the year. the crews can't keep the conditions up with so many people out there at once.

i look at it this way, let the conditions get bad. that way it scares off the people for the rest of the season.

Edited by Jibophonic

that way it scares off the people for the rest of the season.

That's exactly why so many people I know hate skiing. They only ever ski XMas week and other holidays. They'd hate malls if the only time they ever went was a week before XMas.

JF was crowded today. The snow wasn't mushy, but it did get lumped up and icy / thin spots did start showing up. There were way too many people on the East Mt. who didn't belong there. It was a pain going down the headwalls because all the misplaced people would stop part way down and just stand there, because they had no clue how to go down a diamond. :pissed Way too many "one time a year" people.

Its crowded up here at K-mart too. It gets crowded everywhere Christmas week. Conditions up here could be better too but with as many people they have on the trails that's just the way it is. The resorts can't control the weather.

I'll be back at CB for Saturday. Come skiing/boarding next week when we get the mountain back.

I wish i could say i had a good ski day. I was up at camelback, and I ended my day with a toboggan ride, an ambulance ride, and 8 hours at pocono medical center. Any CAT racers who saw a guy in a red spider jacket bite it hard after coming out of a ski and slide hard into the permanent fence on the right side of Big Pocono- that was me. doc says I can't ski for another week. Left some pretty blood on the hill though. Hope everyone had a great ski day other than me, and I hope someone from here did well in that race... I was off the mtn. before it even started. bummer. at least I got a t-shirt

I have 2 bruised shoulder blades and I bruised 4 vertebrae. They're not letting me do anything at all for a week. Bet your arse that I'll be back on it the second I can. I'll let everyone know how things are going with my recovery. Coming back, faster than ever.

I just got back from CB, I was there from 6:30 to 9:00 The conditions weren't too bad. Most of the people had left by the time I got there. You could definitely tell that there were way too many people on the hill because there were tons of rollers and ruts. Over all I had a good time.

I have 2 bruised shoulder blades and I bruised 4 vertebrae. They're not letting me do anything at all for a week. Bet your arse that I'll be back on it the second I can. I'll let everyone know how things are going with my recovery. Coming back, faster than ever.

sorry to hear about your spill. On a positive note, your missing the worst week of the season.

I was gonna go up tomorrow from like, 8 to 5. Now i'm debating this, along with the rain in the forecast. What do you guys think? Should i save 40 bucks and wait a few days?

Definately! Why on earth would you choose to hit the slopes this week if you have other opportunities?! I can't wait until the holidays are over.

It doesn't look like it's going to be crowded today (12/29/05). I was up this morning and there were no lift lines even when I left at around 10:00AM. The second lot was almost full, but on a normal holiday I would expect cars starting to fill up the backup lots by that time. By the look of the live cam there are still no lines at 11:30AM. If you don't mind getting soaked it should be a pretty good day. The snow was slushy but still hard when I was there and if there is not a lot of traffic it should hold up fairly well.

Edited by pyro_boarder

Go tomorrow because it will be dead and despite the rain, it will be relatively mild. If I didn't have work or an evening commitment, I would go. If not tomorrow, go Friday and make sure to get there at 7:30AM to get the best bang for your buck. A few days from now, they'll be less snow. If you go ski a run for me.

I may reschedule for friday. let me know if you're gonna go. We can have a freestyle rap battle. (judging your sig, i think i'll lose, but hey, may as well try) haha

Well you will never see sucked in any of my post topics unless I get injured. Keep it real homies.

Don't get me wrong, I've been at CB most days this week (including christmas day in the pouring rain, and that was excellent, despite the weather / slush and Monday was one of the best day's I've had at CB), but if conditions or crowds get that bad I'm going to say so, not just "oh Blue was wonderful today, nevermind the hour long liftlines..."

I'll be up again as soon as possible, for an early session before the MXC's arrive....

I wish i could say i had a good ski day. I was up at camelback, and I ended my day with a toboggan ride, an ambulance ride, and 8 hours at pocono medical center. Any CAT racers who saw a guy in a red spider jacket bite it hard after coming out of a ski and slide hard into the permanent fence on the right side of Big Pocono- that was me. doc says I can't ski for another week. Left some pretty blood on the hill though. Hope everyone had a great ski day other than me, and I hope someone from here did well in that race... I was off the mtn. before it even started. bummer. at least I got a t-shirt

WOW! WTF! we wondered what happened to you, that sucks man. Heal up! How did you come out of the ski?

It doesn't look like it's going to be crowded today (12/29/05). I was up this morning and there were no lift lines even when I left at around 10:00AM. The second lot was almost full, but on a normal holiday I would expect cars starting to fill up the backup lots by that time. By the look of the live cam there are still no lines at 11:30AM. If you don't mind getting soaked it should be a pretty good day. The snow was slushy but still hard when I was there and if there is not a lot of traffic it should hold up fairly well.

I am going to start a thread on the CB board - I feel strongly that the employess should park some where else. we arrive shortly after 7:30 am every morning and the first lot is used by employees. A staff member at CB had the audacity to chastise me for parking in the handicap spaces. NOOOOOOB - I tried to explain to him that the signs hadn't been taken down from the summer. He acted like I was stupid or something.. He was so upset that he wasn't parking closer that he wanted to continue on about the blue stripes. Too bad I didn't get his name tag. CB is trying to get the employees to be more friendly. He is one free lift ticket that needs to be lifted :devil: