Ridge

AtomicSkier

as much as I like to cheer him on, he does have several big things going on there...First of all he's a-framing, his hands are dropped, and he's broken at the waist (hunched over, I do it too)....but these are the things that need to be corrected before getting into the gates...

You're missing the key things he's doing right!

First: PASR Stickers all over the helmet, gotta represent!

Second: He's out there participating in races, where were you?!

The face is priceless though... Go Ridge!

Well... just as soon as I can walk again I'm lookin to go after some people myself. Tentative return date: Next Saturday for the ASRA GS at Tanglwood. LOL... first day back on skis, and I'm going to try and out run some people... this should be interesting...

There aren't that many Class 1 racers (21-29yrs), so you should seriously consider getting an ASRA membership, which lets you race for your age class overall title. You still compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals each race without a membership, but it's cool to have a season long goal.

They take your top 8 finishes during the regular season and apply the World Cup points scale...100 points for a first place finish in your age class, 80 points for 2nd, 60 for 3rd, then on down.

Also, members that compete in five races are invited to Nationals Weekend at Killington.

Just a thought...

There aren't that many Class 1 racers (21-29yrs), so you should seriously consider getting an ASRA membership, which lets you race for your age class overall title. You still compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals each race without a membership, but it's cool to have a season long goal.

They take your top 8 finishes during the regular season and apply the World Cup points scale...100 points for a first place finish in your age class, 80 points for 2nd, 60 for 3rd, then on down.

Also, members that compete in five races are invited to Nationals Weekend at Killington.

Just a thought...

Bartek is in his class :lol:

Yeah, he has Bartek and I have people like JohnnyP...it's a humbling experience.

I assume they accept memberships on race days, but I don't want to give you bad info...email AJ Foy at

ajfoy@adelphia.net

Or just post the question on the ASRA message board (skiracer.com).

as much as I like to cheer him on, he does have several big things going on there...First of all he's a-framing, his hands are dropped, and he's broken at the waist (hunched over, I do it too)....but these are the things that need to be corrected before getting into the gates...

I hate to hate on you but you have to know that pic was taken at the second gate. It was a tuck course.

You're missing the key things he's doing right!

First: PASR Stickers all over the helmet, gotta represent!

Second: He's out there participating in races, where were you?!

The face is priceless though... Go Ridge!

Yeah, word, where were all you wanna be racers huh?

Wait till Papasteeze sees this thread... :blink: Can't wait...oh the drama. I would hate to have such a detailed ski picture on the web for all the world to see unless I was doing a crotch grab spread eagle or doing the new thing I like to do where I ski a real narrow stance then a real wide stance over and over again on tuts lane while in a turkey tuck. I need to meet one of the ski patrollers so I can learn how to ski the Pocono Shuffle.

Naaaa, its was all good, props to Dew. Like Nastar they are encouraging people to get out and turn some gates..

Well... just as soon as I can walk again I'm lookin to go after some people myself. Tentative return date: Next Saturday for the ASRA GS at Tanglwood. LOL... first day back on skis, and I'm going to try and out run some people... this should be interesting...

What the hey happened? We saw you register and then... wha happened? gotta catch up on these threads. By the way, the indications are great that Ridge as a First year J4 is going to be do well.. I ordered new skis for him today..

Lol, rob, check out some of the other threads. I crashed while I was in my warmups and got rushed to Pocono Medical Center. I spent 8 hours there. 2 Bruised shoulder blades and 4 bruised vertebrae. I'm sure a lot of the racers saw me since I bit it on big pocono... there were about 10 rangers assisting me, and I got a toboggan ride down. I went into one of the poles holding up the permanent fence near the top of the trail when i lost a ski... big bummer, i wanted to race.

PS- J and C- no problem being humbled by a couple or ridiculously good racers... but its just more of a challenge. As a certain guy who loves his atomics said earlier I sound slightly cocky. On skis I'm confident, and I know I can gain enough knowlege to compete at the highest level. I've never settled for anything less in any other sport... and this is the one I've been at the longest.

Edited by Metz the Jersey boy

PS- J and C- no problem being humbled by a couple or ridiculously good racers... but its just more of a challenge. As a certain guy who loves his atomics said earlier I sound slightly cocky. On skis I'm confident, and I know I can gain enough knowlege to compete at the highest level. I've never settled for anything less in any other sport... and this is the one I've been at the longest.

It's going to be a blast being around you, Jeff, and maybe Doug on race days...

Ski999- I'm definitely looking forward to it. The best thing about this is being able to go out, go 110% against each other, and being able to congratulate the winner and tell stories afterwards. (Not to mention down a couple beers). As of right now, if my recovery goes as planned, and I'm at least 80%, I'm going to attempt the Thursday night nastar at blue, and that will be my warmup for saturday at the other beast of the east... Tanglwood. I'm lookin forward to seeing everyone out there... Doug, you should come saturday, i could use some competition in my age group... unless this bartek guy shows up... Well, at least we'll get to see where I stand. Its going to be a fun week. And no rob, I never read Bode's book. Did he say something like that? Lol... I'm not actually Bode's biggest fan. i can appreciate him, but I'm yet to learn anything from him except that if you want it bad enough, you can make it happen. (that, and if you ski really fast you get really hot chicks) Lol... I think I need a full time coach.

Lol... I think I need a full time coach.

'Mom can probably relate...adult racers are constantly told at camps that they need to be their own best coach...this is what the coaches tell us over and over. It's a different learning process when you are 22 or 42, rather than 12. So we scramble around trying to find good tips and info, then hope we are applying them correctly.

It's also complicated by the fact that if you are 'thinking' about it while racing, then you are going to be slower. Despite all the things we learn, race runs are supposed to be done on auto-drive, not concentrating on technique. Ever play baseball? If so, do you remember being in a batting slump? The more BP you take and the more you hunker down and fight you're way out of the slump, the worse it gets.

I had a great tip from a coach last year: only work on one thing during each practice run.