Queston about cork

Sno Mountain Skier

Cork a 5 first - it is more natural in the rotation on your landing. I am no expert, but on a 3 you come in blind that is why they are harder - so I have read and been told and observed.

Nips goes off axis and it is ugly every time on a 3 - fives on the other hand give him massive shin bang but they seem smoother.

which way do you spin? just so i can get a better idea of how i would do it, even though i usually do it on accident and land pretty far backseat.

edit: you drop your right shoulder? so you spin right? clockwise?

if you think of it like youre doing a flatspin 180 then kinda float around, that looks good. although thats a flatspin, not a cork, um...idk

hmm... if you drop your right shoulder and spin left (counterclock) try grabbing a mute with your left hand, that will make it feel like you pull your body back into position for landing flat.

**this is one reason i wouldnt do good as an instructor for the BM freeride program**

Edited by Shadows

if ur corking frontside, it all depends whether u spin off ur toes or heels. i spin off my toes so i throw my right arm mute and look under my arm pit. spinning backside i would throw my left arm to my toeside edge(i don't kno what its called) and look under my right arm pit. of course, this is based from a regular stance, so goofy would b just the opposite. don't try and cork a 3, u will just end up hurting urself..no less than 5.

hes stuck to planks.

Is there a good gymnastics facility down your way?

Oh yeah!! I didn't even know they existed until the end of last season. KMC in Kennett Square - nationally ranked certified this and that coaches, alot of them with strong european accents commute from Philly. None of them with cross training experience related to skiing. However, I gave the tramp coaches some current DVD movies of Tanner and the likes and they are all excited to help.

• 2 weeks later...

cork 3's are much harder then cork 5's. bc you have to get your feet under you alot quicker. Personally i think cork 3's look a lot hotter then corked 5's 7's. Thats my personal feeling.

To do a cork three you have to start with your shoulder dropped at the lip. And you have to pop like a mo fo. The first time i did a cork 3 was at the bottom of big pocono back in teh day.

Step one drop in straight.

Step two as your approaching the lip start your shoulder rotation

step three as your taking off the lip continue your upper body rotation and pop like a mofo

step four finish your cork by 270.

step five use the last 90 to spot your landing

step six stop that shiz!

Watch the riders in videos who do them, and watch in slow mo. This is one of the best ways to see where their bodies and body parts are when the hit the lip, and also to see where they are looking throughout the move. I would try to give you a good description of how I've thrown them, but it would probably confuse you just as much as every other post on this topic has confused me.