IS THE DUDE LOSING HIS TOUCH?

AtomicSkier

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=r...45502&year=2006

'Dude? Were you just going to keep that silent? That's worse then him beating me by .02 seconds. What happened?

BTW - Good job Ridge! I can't believe Papa wasn't foaming at the mouth to post that, man, if I tied 'dude I'd be making 100 threads :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=r...45502&year=2006

I can't believe Papa wasn't foaming at the mouth to post that, man, if I tied 'dude I'd be making 100 threads :)

:no naaaa.... You should have seen the skis that Dude was on. He didn't come with the gear to score his best time. Ridge on the other hand, got to run his new 158cm >r17 FISCHERS for the first time on a gated course. He is officially off his training wheels! He told me he can't wait for the 2/5 Blue mountain GS!

I bet terminal velocity on that course was 17.68 seconds.

Hey Ski - you bring up a great point. I saw chat about Cap Times. It is the best time when the course is run straight down hill without any turns. (theoretical) The next time at Bear, I'll see if they will let one of us or the pacesetter set a Cap time. I am betting that 16 seconds can be broke... just to keep that whole PAR time in perspective. I think blue should do the same - The blue par times look suspect.

BTW - The PASR NASTAR team moved up into the top 10% of 1000 racing teams with skidude and Nipples scores. IF you haven't raced yet this year, get out there! Good Fun!

Edited by Papasteeze

In your dreams. He's practicing slalom. If you want to know how he's really doing compare his USSA results from Blue this year and last. He was 50-60 USSA handicap points faster this year compared with last years races.

Though cheers to Ridge too. That CB coaching appears to be helping him.

Though cheers to Ridge too. That CB coaching appears to be helping him.

Tough call, coaching at CB certainly doesn't hurt - He has shaved a few points off his Nastar Handicap, but I would have expected that as he grows, with or without the CB coaching - we won't really know until he has more varied Nastar races to guage an average by. He was in the high teens last year and now he appears to be in his mid teens. I am reluctantly concurring with him that his skis were holding him back. I got my fingers crossed for him at the Blue GS, that will be the real guage.

Slalom is too new for him, so it will be interesting to see how he does at ELK this upcoming weekend. Thats where the CB coaching will really show. I can't teach him anything about slalom, I know nothing.

Skidude is skiing well, don't anyone be fooled by that night at Nastar. If anything, know that ski types play a huge factor in your results.

hey I'm doing better every run gold for me and last year I was all sliver and brozens new inprovment for me.

http://nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=resul...p&compid=416894

Yeah - you are doing a lot better, of course you were on race skis and not your twins. Try and get your legs farther apart, you looked good, way out over the tips, you just need to widen the stance.

Jeff: I think 'Dude took some offense to the thought and nearly beat Brad (a true 8HC pacesetter) and crushed any young upstarts by nearly 2 seconds, today.

But I see a clash coming sometime in the future...the 'Dude vs. a guy on Atomics...

Jeff: I think 'Dude took some offense to the thought and nearly beat Brad (a true 8HC pacesetter) and crushed any young upstarts by nearly 2 seconds, today.

But I see a clash coming sometime in the future...the 'Dude vs. a guy on Atomics...

Well at least he set the record straight, especially when the course is a little bit longer then Bear Creeks :lol:

You're talking about yourself right? I could never beat 'dude :naughty

I just shot over there today after practice and to talk with the starter (friend from this summer) and then took a run. Would have had the GS boards if I was going to try and beat Brad (next time...)

Anyway I hear rumors that a certain punk on atomic skis is going to register with USSA next year :o

Anyway I hear rumors that a certain punk on atomic skis is going to register with USSA next year :o

'Dude, think of all the early season point races you could show up in driving a BMW, if you stay on his good side.

"Hey, Baby," you'll say to those New York babes in the lot. "We're from Pennsylvania!"

Yeah, wow, major props to the dude today. He smoked the world on a course I refused to even ski. I got there, took one look at it, and got in the car to go home. Oh well... 4 nastars in one week wasn't meant to happen this week. I'll be back at blue on thursday to try and set a new low handicap...

:lol: too funny....

I'd really like to go head to head with 'dude sometime this year, preferably in an ASRA, to see how I compare....

At BC most wed nights....Don't really want to miss a day of training to go there, but I might show up. Who knows

A note about Nastar today...Both Ridge and I were on our SL sticks

Atomic, do a real race if you want to go head-to-head with the 'dude. It's not too late to join USSA, if you think you are so fast. You can get temp USSA privileges for up to two races a year. You still have a week to sign up for Seven Springs.

Dude doesn't even bother to wax his skis for NASTAR or ASRA. It's just practice to him.

Atomic, do a real race if you want to go head-to-head with the 'dude. It's not too late to join USSA, if you think you are so fast. You can get temp USSA privileges for up to two races a year. You still have a week to sign up for Seven Springs.

Dude doesn't even bother to wax his skis for NASTAR or ASRA. It's just practice to him.

You really don't need to be so defensive. I think 'Dudes times speak for themselves. It wasn't a challenge either, and no I don't think I'm so fast. I don't know where you got that from. I KNOW I've improved, and I just wanted to judge my progress against 'Dude, who was better then me last year, and better then me this year. I'm just using him as a benchmark, so to speak.

And, my equipment does not meet USSA requirements, so ASRA is as "real" as it's going to get this year. :)

Jeff may need some time in slalom gates first. Just a thought.

But, 'Mom, I think it's cool that Jeff is considering USSA next season. It should, of course, have absolutely nothing to do with 'Dude and have only to do with Jeff taking advantage of the one year he has left of eligibilty. I always forget he's still a kid.

What would you be doing next season if you were turning 19 and had seven weekend days free? Why take a chance on regretting not doing it?

In that case....

wimp :lol:

And now 'Dude has spoken for himself.

Jeff may need some time in slalom gates first. Just a thought.

But, 'Mom, I think it's cool that Jeff is considering USSA next season. It should, of course, have absolutely nothing to do with 'Dude and have only to do with Jeff taking advantage of the one year he has left of eligibilty. I always forget he's still a kid.

What would you be doing next season if you were turning 19 and had seven weekend days free? Why take a chance on regretting not doing it?

And now 'Dude has spoken for himself.

It has absoloutly NOTHING to do with the 'dude, absoloutly nothing whatsoever. I really am not ready for USSA yet, the slalom aspect of it that is. Going to do my first one at Mountain Creek. We shall see how that goes. I think I have some talent, and I want to put that talent to the test, and that would be by racing USSA.