Blue's New Park

toast21602

From what i have heard... Blue will be closing Sidewinder all this week so that they can replenish their base. Park crue said that they are taking everything out, leveling the jumps, and starting from scratch.

Dear John,

Dennis Krell Snr. forwarded me the email you sent him

on 2/3/06.

You will be glad to know that some of the concerns you

voiced are similar to our way of thinking here at

Blue.

The weather this year has been uncooperative, but it

seems that winter is coming back finally.

We will be rebuilding Sidewinder Park this week, and

we are going to change it around,so that all you

shreds can get excited again.

As you probably know, I am head of Park maintenance

[Park Crue], and together with Danny, we will

reconstruct the parks to a high standard. During the

course of this year,we will have some more new rails

as well.

We here at Blue are very lucky that our Mountain

Manager, [Dennis] is supporting us 100% and as such

our intention is to have the Poconos premium park here

at Blue.

Thanks for your input.

Regards, Keith Esmail.

its good knowing that they actually listen to what people say this year instead of last year how the only thing they would say is, "thanks for the email".

It will be nice having the "Poconos' Premium Park" at Blue.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know how many times this can be said but blue and their parks are killin it. i love everything about it. when youre in the parks, its such a good atmosphere. reminds me of the days when im at a skatepark just chillin and riding for hours. everyone has a good time, theres no hate at all for anybody in there (except the gapers)

Edited by Shadows

i dont know how many times this can be said but blue and their parks are killin it. i love everything about it. when youre in the parks, its such a good atmosphere. reminds me of the days when im at a skatepark just chillin and riding for hours. everyone has a good time, theres no hate at all for anybody in there (except the gapers)

Yeah, I like it how people are supportive at skateparks. Everyone was there at one time,so there's pretty much no hate. Impatience maybe, but not hate.

Shadows so do you think you are getting a pass at Blue next season??? It's not to far from Easton.

Home Mtn: soon to be booter

^^^I love that

:rock If you ever need someone to ride with next year, count me in!

Yeah, I like it how people are supportive at skateparks. Everyone was there at one time,so there's pretty much no hate. Impatience maybe, but not hate.

^^^I love that

:rock If you ever need someone to ride with next year, count me in!

yea, next seasons gonna be big for me for sure. i got a lot to make up for. :rock

I have to do some thinking for next year where I get my pass

i think its obvious isnt it? :lol

if not, i will be very dissapointed in you. and then laugh at how you still ski at cb.

We did season passes at CB for race and all mountain hanging out and Bear for Park and some week night gates. BTW - I realized on the way home today that this was our last weekend in the Poconos! :(:(:(

get a pass to Blue next year. better park than CB and jsut as good/if not better than Bear's. and also pletny of oportunities for week night gates.

the only problem with the rails/boxes that Bear has is that they are too unique. try switching up on the u-box... not gonna happen. and i'm gonna disagree with the better beginner park too. but the jumps at Bear are better... right now... even though everybody that i talked to that skied bear in the last couple of days said that it was beat.

i hope that both parks keep pushing each other to go bigger and better

get a pass to Blue next year. better park than CB and jsut as good/if not better than Bear's. and also pletny of oportunities for week night gates.

There is a possibility of jumping ship to Blue.. Depends on whether my other ex half dumps the North Ridge house.

Week night gates are not a possibility due to traffic patterns and work schedules, bear is..

I really like Blue's park but in my opinion Bear has the better park. The main line of the park at Bear is sick right now. I think Bear has better jumps (the first booter at Blue is sweet but the second two jumps are on a turn and hard to hit) and I think Bear has more unique rails (Reverse rainbow, roller coaster). Bear probably has a better begginner park, too. That being said, props to Blue cause I had lots of fun in their park. This year Bear, Blue, and BB have sweet parks as well as Shawnee but I havent been there. Now if only camelback could expand their Rhodo park, which is fun but really small.

i heard some kids on friday night say that blue was so much better then bear and that they were getting a pass to blue next year

Would you buy near blue?

In retrospect, at this point, I am going to have to say NO!! If all things remain the same (competitions) then I think we will be doing the suitcase/hotel room thing like last year. We get to bed earlier, get up earlier, keep all the gear more organized, don't have to clean, make beds, cook, decorate, etc etc.

Even so, I know that Ridge is done skiing by 3 pm (bored) steven hates the park, mom is stressed with the mess, I am unhappy that no one seems to be pumped to leave Friday night like they were last year. Yesterday was our last day in the Poconos - so with that said, I'll wait till April to make a decision.

i hope there is no table top. that just encourages kids to roll right over the lip. at least with the booters if they try something stupid like they they will fall 6 feet to a flat landing. then they never do it again. thats the whole reason why the park crue is building jumps like that... so they dont get wrecked as easily like the ones from last year

i think there needs to be a better line between the table of the jump and the landing. blue has is going pretty good, but i would like to see a more "crisp" line of where the flat stops and the landing starts. it'll teach you how ride jumps better and give it more excitement/challenge. the consequences will be worse if you case it too haha.

i hope there is no table top. that just encourages kids to roll right over the lip. at least with the booters if they try something stupid like they they will fall 6 feet to a flat landing. then they never do it again. thats the whole reason why the park crue is building jumps like that... so they dont get wrecked as easily like the ones from last year

You said it.

The second table that they built a few weeks ago wasn't too bad because they had that small piece cut out of the top. It was too close to the first set of wedges though. I hit it a few times and clear the thing because I didn't have room to slow down. Maybe they should have made it 10 feet longer?

:snowpee:

they are blowing in the park right now. today when i was up i checked it out and everything is gone, and everything is flattened. its good that they are going to use the crappy ice/snow that they had as the base and are blowign a ton of new snow ontop of it... 4 more days until it's open!

I think every landing on the jumps has to be steeper, when i went to whistler/blackcomb every landing was so steep it swept you away which made you fall on sketchy landings more but it made it easy to land stuff solid i would kill to have just one booter as nice as the booters at whistler locally, Even tho whistlers features were alot bigger they were actully easier than anything in blues park because of being built properrrr

(except the gapers)

was that about me?????

was that about me?????

no, just in general. the little kids/idiots who get in the way.

although when i was there, i didnt see anybody who shouldnt be there. there was one guy, but he didnt get in the way. i never really have a problem with people who shouldnt be there. i dont rush my runs down the park, so i have alot of patience and wait for them to move/leave. i just do a couple hits, chill, then hit some more. unless im tryin to get an actual "run" down, they dont bother me.

Edited by Shadows

ok i am too lazy to read EVERY post in this thread....

so is the park is currently closed?

if so, when whould we expect to see it up and running again?

any other rumors of new features (the 25footer has me excited, i was hoping they'd put one of those in sooner or later)?

keep me informed please, haha