Some kid hanging by his jacket from the park lift

stevePSSC

okay well today on the park lift this kids jacket got stuck on the chair as he was getting off.. and i guess the lifty wasnt paying attention and the kid ended up going back down with the chair and was about a good 15 or so feet off the ground before the lifty stopped it (due to me, my bro and our friends screaming at the dude..)

so the like 11 year old is just hanging with his board on from the lift with one arm on the chair holding on for his life.. and well every rider up at the top of the park took their boards off and ran to help this kid in any way they could.. which i thought was awsome minus the whole situation and all.. but i was sitting on the lift and the chair he was on was like 7 or so feet away from me and i was stuck on the lift and felt bad cuase i wanted to help but couldnt.. this kid was in pain and scared not to mention..

so after about 5 mins they were able to lift Kevin Breen high enough to unclip his step in binding and release his board.. after that he just hung there for another 15 mins.. soon enough the park crew was there, guys on snowmobiles, lifties and a whole group of just your everyday park rats.. they finally got a rope thing around the cable and pulled one of the park crew guys up to the lift so he could un hook the kid and bring him down.. he was alright just really sore and his shoulder hurt like hell he said..

i thought he was gonna end up falling and getting really hurt due to the steep landing under him and all the rocks.. it was a scary site but it was amazing to see all the kids who were just there to ride the park take off their stuff and sprint to this little kids aid.. it was a pretty scary 20 mins for me and i wasnt even the one hanging from the lift..

Edited by brtndominant

okay well today on the park lift this kids jacket got stuck on the chair as he was getting off.. and i guess the lifty wasnt paying attention and the kid ended up going back down with the chair and was about a good 15 or so feet off the ground before the lifty stopped it (due to me, my bro and our friends screaming at the dude..)

i didnt even read the rest yet, but thats a GREAT reason why kids should not be in the park.

edit: so hes 11... either way, it was a pretty bad it sounds like. lifty get fired?

Edited by Shadows

i didnt even read the rest yet, but thats a GREAT reason why kids should not be in the park.

edit: so hes 11... either way, it was a pretty bad it sounds like. lifty get fired?

yeah well see at he was going to meadows.. not the park so ya cant yell at him for that.. its more the liftys fault.. im guessing that or hes just gonna be in deep shit

so the like 11 year old is just hanging with his board on from the lift with one arm on the chair holding on for his life.. and well every rider up at the top of the park took their boards off and ran to help this kid in any way they could.. which i thought was awsome minus the whole situation and all.. but i was sitting on the lift and the chair he was on was like 7 or so feet away from me and i was stuck on the lift and felt bad cuase i wanted to help but couldnt.. this kid was in pain and scared not to mention..

so after about 5 mins they were able to lift Kevin Breen high enough to unclip his step in binding and release his board.. after that he just hung there for another 15 mins.. soon enough the park crew was there, guys on snowmobiles, lifties and a whole group of just your everyday park rats.. they finally got a rope thing around the cable and pulled one of the park crew guys up to the lift so he could un hook the kid and bring him down.. he was alright just really sore and his shoulder hurt like hell he said..

i thought he was gonna end up falling and getting really hurt due to the steep landing under him and all the rocks.. it was a scary site but it was amazing to see all the kids who were just there to ride the park take off their stuff and sprint to this little kids aid.. it was a pretty scary 20 mins for me and i wasnt even the one hanging from the lift..

That's awesome, not everyone in the parks are assholes. :rock If i were the kid, i'd just hang on until the end of the pipe, unless I were stuck. That's cool how they air-lifted the park crew dude up. You didn't get any pictures, did you? :wiggle

Thats a good question, even though ive seen a girl go back down the lift, with her ski's still on, and he didn't trip it either so i dunno.

I know that some people can download on some lifts if they are too scared or w/e....In that case the lift probably stops and restarts with them on it.

Not sure about how it happened to the kid tho...broken maybe?

Are you shure ski patrol was not there doing the rescue? No one else is trained to use the lift evacuation equipment.

http://shop.cascadetoboggan.com/index.asp?...ATS&Category=33

Haha, just because he's small doesn't mean he isn't good. Kevin is really good. He's sponsered by ride and someone else too (I believe, maybe just ride). He's like 3 feet tall and I see him 360 off rails and switch up boxes and all sorts of stuff all the time. If he wasn't allowed in the park, not many of us should be should be. Now how he ended up hanging from the lift, that I'll have to ask him. I laughed when I heard this just because it's such a Kevin Breen thing to do. Oh man, I'll have to ask him about it. Glad he's okay though.

Oh yeah I think he's 14? Not 11.

Are you shure ski patrol was not there doing the rescue? No one else is trained to use the lift evacuation equipment.

http://shop.cascadetoboggan.com/index.asp?...ATS&Category=33

well there werent any red jackets in the area.. the one guy who did come flying up on the snowmobile may have been a ski patrol dude but i wasnt sure cause he didnt have a red jacket on.. or any jacket in that matter haha

Haha, just because he's small doesn't mean he isn't good. Kevin is really good. He's sponsered by ride and someone else too (I believe, maybe just ride). He's like 3 feet tall and I see him 360 off rails and switch up boxes and all sorts of stuff all the time. If he wasn't allowed in the park, not many of us should be should be. Now how he ended up hanging from the lift, that I'll have to ask him. I laughed when I heard this just because it's such a Kevin Breen thing to do. Oh man, I'll have to ask him about it. Glad he's okay though.

Oh yeah I think he's 14? Not 11.

yeah Kevin is 14 he wasnt the kid hanging from the lift though..

it was a small kid. im guessing like 11 or so with rentals and everything.. the other riders and lift guys lifted Kevin up to take the kids board off..

why shouldn't kids be in the park i am 15 and considered a kid by most and most "kids" know what they are doing in the park and that could happen to anyone

getting ur jacket stuck has nothing to do with ur skills in the park

actually... most "kids" shouldn't be in the park. think of all those skiclubbers that suck at life. they dont belong there. maybe the kids you hang out with and ski with should, but not the kids with rentals.

it seems as though the people who belong to websites like this know what they are doing in the park, and if they dnot, they dont use the features incorrectly... the people that we need to worry about are the ski clubbers and the weekend warriors that come out during the Asian invasions.

and no, getting stuck doesnt have anything to do with how good you are in the park and where you belong. i caught my pants on the lift once... and i know what i am diong in the park

actually... most "kids" shouldn't be in the park. think of all those skiclubbers that suck at life. they dont belong there. maybe the kids you hang out with and ski with should, but not the kids with rentals.

dam guys, haha, i was just saying^^^. i know theres talented kids out there, ive seen most of them around.

well there werent any red jackets in the area.. the one guy who did come flying up on the snowmobile may have been a ski patrol dude but i wasnt sure cause he didnt have a red jacket on.. or any jacket in that matter haha

yeah Kevin is 14 he wasnt the kid hanging from the lift though..

it was a small kid. im guessing like 11 or so with rentals and everything.. the other riders and lift guys lifted Kevin up to take the kids board off..

Haha, oh I see, I didn't understand the contex correctly. That's too bad, I had a really funny image of Kevin Breen suspended from a lift by his jacket. That makes this thread totally different now.