2/10 - Park is Open

Stripes

Was at Blue from 11-3 today. They opened the park at 1:30. Rail guys will be disappointed because there are only 2 hits right now. Theres a gap to straight and a ride on battleship at the top where the battleship was last week. Then there's a gap-flat-down in the same area it was last week. Lips were looking great.

The two wedges at the top are still there. The table immediately following the wedges is gone. Next up are two more tables. After that is the BIG wedge. They built the old big wedge up even bigger. The wall seemed to be set up nicely. After the wall are two more wedges - in the same place as before. The hip was built up a lot and is in great shape. That's it.

There are a bunch of spots that more rails will be set up. I assume they wanted to get the park back open ASAP. The backsides of all tables and wedges are perfect. The lips are, for the most part perfect. The first table has an odd direction to it, the lip is kind of slanted. Also, I think the second table is set too close to the first, or the second should have been made a few feet longer. Just my opinion. The snow wasn't the greatest on the majority of the run - lots of big, hard snowballs all over (about fist size). Not sure what the "technical" term is for conditions like that.

On another note, something has to be done to keep clueless people out of the park. I cringed as I watched two guys take there snow-plow skiing 5 year olds through the park. It's quite dangerous to everyone when there are inexperienced people moseying on through the park. I blew my top as I watched a batch of skiiers (including the four previously mentioned) run over the tables like they were simply big mounds of snow to be skiied over. The lips had a ton of pop to them. Not sure how long that will last with people like that running over them. It would be nice to add more wedges. I didn't see any noobs running over the wedges.

Get to the park ASAP, before the high traffice kills it. I'll be back 7:30 tomorrow.

Was at Blue from 11-3 today. They opened the park at 1:30. Rail guys will be disappointed because there are only 2 hits right now. Theres a gap to straight and a ride on battleship at the top where the battleship was last week. Then there's a gap-flat-down in the same area it was last week. Lips were looking great.

The two wedges at the top are still there. The table immediately following the wedges is gone. Next up are two more tables. After that is the BIG wedge. They built the old big wedge up even bigger. The wall seemed to be set up nicely. After the wall are two more wedges - in the same place as before. The hip was built up a lot and is in great shape. That's it.

There are a bunch of spots that more rails will be set up. I assume they wanted to get the park back open ASAP. The backsides of all tables and wedges are perfect. The lips are, for the most part perfect. The first table has an odd direction to it, the lip is kind of slanted. Also, I think the second table is set too close to the first, or the second should have been made a few feet longer. Just my opinion. The snow wasn't the greatest on the majority of the run - lots of big, hard snowballs all over (about fist size). Not sure what the "technical" term is for conditions like that.

On another note, something has to be done to keep clueless people out of the park. I cringed as I watched two guys take there snow-plow skiing 5 year olds through the park. It's quite dangerous to everyone when there are inexperienced people moseying on through the park. I blew my top as I watched a batch of skiiers (including the four previously mentioned) run over the tables like they were simply big mounds of snow to be skiied over. The lips had a ton of pop to them. Not sure how long that will last with people like that running over them. It would be nice to add more wedges. I didn't see any noobs running over the wedges.

Get to the park ASAP, before the high traffice kills it. I'll be back 7:30 tomorrow.

yea i deff got plawed by a noob today and boy was i pissed

When aren't newbies in the way and wrecking the fun? Bob & I have been playing around in the halfpipe and the park recently and being new at it (and old to boot) we sometimes screw up and get in the way. We don't want to wreck someone else's run, but we want to use thepark and pipe too. Our solution has been to do our park and pipe runs early, when no one is there. That way we get to use the feature and not mess up other riders/ skiers. Just remember that for us newbies the park is sometimes a scary place, but if you give us a chance we will get better and get out of your way.

When aren't newbies in the way and wrecking the fun? Bob & I have been playing around in the halfpipe and the park recently and being new at it (and old to boot) we sometimes screw up and get in the way. We don't want to wreck someone else's run, but we want to use thepark and pipe too. Our solution has been to do our park and pipe runs early, when no one is there. That way we get to use the feature and not mess up other riders/ skiers. Just remember that for us newbies the park is sometimes a scary place, but if you give us a chance we will get better and get out of your way.

I don't think he was refering to people like yourself who is trying to learn new things. I think he was talking more about people who have no intentions of improving in there. People who just ride through so they can look at everything. That and people with little kids. Kids that are WAY to young to even come close to safely using any of the features within the park. So feel free to come into the park at any time. We all were in your shoes at one point.

ha you guys don't have a 65 footer. thats straight up bullshit i'm not believing that until i see a picture at the minimum, preferably with a tape measure or something as a reference.

Like stated above, we had the 58 footer going previously. So i don't see how a 65 footer is so hard to believe. Instead of demanding a picture why not come out to blue and see for yourself.

the other two "big ones" are now prolly shorter than they were before.. as in closer to the landing. but THE big one... definitely > 60'.and all of the actual kickers.. cheese wedges are about 7 to 8' tall . pretty wild. only problem i see is lots of people cutting across onto the lanidngs. thats the only reason i didnt try em out last night.

i had fun on those two tables in the middle.. plus theyr a good size for learning stuff.

the battlship box is now sort of gap on.. its really small gap, but it got rEALLY rutted up last night by peopole jumping off the side, you couldnt hit the battleship straight after that.

nice 4' (horizontal.. prolly 1' vertical) gap to the kink box. nice and smoooooooooth.

and one thing that i was lovin.. the sorta spine/pyramid thinger.. nice and vert. now you can actually do some real trickses off of it. handplant off the top was so much fun.

blue... i'm lovin it!

I don't think he was refering to people like yourself who is trying to learn new things. I think he was talking more about people who have no intentions of improving in there. People who just ride through so they can look at everything. That and people with little kids. Kids that are WAY to young to even come close to safely using any of the features within the park. So feel free to come into the park at any time. We all were in your shoes at one point.

Exactly. I'm referring to people who have no inclination to better themselves and are just rolling on through the park as if it was just another trail on the mountain.

just because mountain creek doesnt have one doesnt mean that Blue doesn't. oh, and its freaking big.

well when you think about mt creek.. what usually comes to mind..

a Sick superpipe.. and the nicest rails in the east coast.. the smoothest boxes

i dont really think of jumps or booters when i think of creek

^ you're silly. its a big big jump my friend, very big. it used to be 58, and the lip is bigger and the deck is longer now, so 65 is not a stretch at all.

Just wondering, when they measure the booters. Is it lip to landing, or from the start of the takeoff to the landing?

i've never been to blue but i'm planning to later this year so i'll see, but i measured out my backyard yesterday to setup my box and 65 feet seemed pretty damn large. i'd still like to see a picture becuase the over exageration of jumps by every mountain i've ever been to annoys me. and i agree mountain creek has small jumps right now but it just doesn't seem like you could make them bigger with the vertical available.

I rode the park on saturday and the hits are sweet. The tables are built pretty well. With good speed they pretty much will throw you lip to landing with very little pop. So that is sorta cool. The first to booters are nice as always. The 2 big booters after the rainbow and flat to kink are sick. The smaller one tossed me WAY higher then i had exeected, but i survived. The gaps onto the rails are bigger, but so are the hits onto them. So that all works out nicely. Not really impressed with the rainbow rail. The tranny is a bit harsh, but managable if you really want to hit it. I'm not a fan of the new location of the battle ship box. I really liked going from the up to flat and then hitting the battleship right after it. Was a nice little rail area. Plus the fake little gap onto the battleship is a bit worthless, and i watched like 30 kids realize at the last second that there was actually a gap. So it just caused a lot of people to have to wait while they got themselves back up off the ground.

One other complaint i had, and i am not totally sure if this is a bad thing, but... the flow of the park is now more of a "i'm going to hit all the booters" or "im gonna hit all the rail" if you want to go all the way through without stopping. So if your linking a run, it is a little hard to mix it up between rails and hits. It can be done, but it flowed a bit better previously.

Oh and the reshaped hip is wonderous.

you'd think if a place built a 65' foot jump they'd mention it SOMEWHERE on their website, i mean they would be the only one in the area with a jump that big, by a good 25 feet at least. Not to mention someone said 73' somewhere else on here. I'm just saying I wouldn't drive down for the jibs I saw in the videos and I wouldn't drive down for a 35-40' jump, but i would drive that far for a 65' jump. $50 for a lift ticket and an hour+ drive is a lot more than the short ride and no cost for going to mountain creek, especially if its not as good. I'm pretty much discounting what I'm reading on the forums becuase I've read the skicamelback.com forums a lot and its like WE HAVE 30 FOOT JUMPS, and they're like 12 footers tops

to give all you haters and doubters an idea of how big this jump is...

http://216.86.152.180/videos/0/316240_26d51_256k.wmv

at 1:30 on the progress bar, nick 7's what was then a 58 foot stepdown. it is bigger than that now, just to give you all an idea.

Hey justo, when i click on that link i just get a page of ads, and no movie. Perhaps the link is bad or they don't allow outside linking? :confused