Family/Beginner Terrain Park

Bear Creek PR

As of Thursday night, Bear Creek has created a new terrain park on Lower Grizzly. This is a family terrain park that we have designed to introduce families and novice skiers/riders to proper terrain park use and etiquette (including the Smart Style message and terrain park safety). This park features smaller, easier jumps and rails. Next time you're up at Bear Creek, check it out and let us know what you think!

I love you Bear Creek. Seriously, will you marry me?

I really do hate all the little kids in the park (like 5 years old little), or those that suck and get in the way, but then I have to ask myself where should they go? Now I know where they should go and hopefully will be.

Not to mention it's great to have a place with some simple stuff to teach someone on and not get in the way. I don't know how you guys have it set up, but little stuff can be awesome for learning stuff, and I hope that's how it is. I setup that tiny little box you guys have in the base area and learned how to get on it switch, switch-ups, and a switch flat-spin. I'll be sure to check the new minipark out next time I head up!

Edited by lurker

did they put rails in, cus when i was there on thrus., there were no rails or boxes, but yea its about time they made a smaller park.

i was thinking about how cool it would be if they somehow moved blackbear park to the other side of the mtn. but its basicallly impossible cus there arent many trails that it would fit.

yeah unfortunately today (sat), there was still as many clueless kids camping out on jumps and such, sprawled out throughout the main park and halfpipe - my guess is that it isn't real obvious that there is a kid park out there - its kind of easy to miss.

little mini-parks are awesome for building up confidence and such.. last year killington's kiddie park eas exactly what i needed to nail down the basics - even at age 26.

The minijumps were pretty iced. They blew snow over everything all over the hill and groomed, but the minipark was still suffering from the melt/freeze issue. Negative tone aside, the size of things was good. The flat boxes, I thought, were the right size and such for the target audience. And yeah, they make it a much smaller price to practice nuttier moves on and off the boxes without the need to tumble 3-5 ft. off. For a first setup, not bad at all...

love it. great idea... i've been wanting to learn how to ride in the terrain park for a while but was really reluctant because i don't know how to do anything and know how annoying it is when clueless people are cruising about aimlessly... this is a really good idea and i'm glad it's there. thanks!

This is great. I just really got into freestyle skiing this year. I was really not into trying anything because I was afraid I would get in someones way or not be wanted and look like an idiot. Now I can look like an idiot in front of beginners. Awesome. Mega Stoked.