President's Weekend Feedback

BC-Mark

President's Weekend  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What area of the resort needs the most attention?

• Lift
    • Tickets
    • Rental
    • Snow Surfaces
    • Hotel
    • Food and Beverage
    • Parking
    • Ski School

i thought it was pretty efficient/ impressive.. i mean there was a huge line 4 rentals but that is to be expected and theres is nothing u can do... the curtasy partol dudes did a good job keeping people happy and noone complained about ski school when i was working... all and all a good job

Second vote is 'snow surfaces' though BC did a damn good job trying to save the whole hill after the warm we had that froze into a brick. But a holiday weekend is a showcase period so having the trails in top shape puts BC's best foot forward.

Third vote is 'tickets' in that it'd be nice if off-peak passholders were extended a slight discount on peak day tickets ($5 or $10 off perhaps). I brought three full-fare visitors (+ rentals!) to BC because it is where I go and support. Others may do the same, so the break for offpeak passholders would probably pay off in spades.

I was up there Saturday night, it was crowded at first, but after that, the lift lines were none existent! The snow was DA BOMB! It was not icy at all! When I left, the snow guns were just starting to come on, I was practiclly the only person that deosen't work there going down the slopes, I even caught the last chair. :rock:rock:rock

I was up on sunday,got there around 9:45 and the main lot @ the bottom was already full. I didnt think the lines were too bed seeing that it was such a busy holiday weekend. I think we waited 10 minns for our tickets and the longest lift line I stood in was 5 minns tops. There were a hella lot of cars/people there but it seemed that once we got off the lift @ drifter the slope was empty.as were the trails between drifter and timberline. I loved it. I think most of the kids were in ski school since It seemed like there were 1,000 kids taking lessons. I went up afain all day yesterday and was shocked when I saw how many KIDS(under 16) had ditched school and were there w/ their parents. Whats this world comming to? lol. I heard yall had like 7,000 people on sunday and something like 5,100+ on monday? INSANE! Keep up the good work!

well this whole lift line thing is going to be crazy since winter sports in our area are increasing by huge amounts the only way to correct the lift lines would be a huge lift that took like 20 people at a time per chair up the hill and thats not going to happen. I have actually just put up with the lines for now especialy at the quad. In my opinion mark i think because the creek is largely based off boarding, and parks i think most of the problem would be fixed by either adding a lift just for the park or a surface lift inside the park. If you ever get a chance i would go out on a busy night to the quad and see how many park riders are on the left side of the lift lines. Im sure you are aware of that but that is the problem right there. Our parks are right up there with the best in the region. That attracts more and more rides to come to our mountain. I see it every thursday- sunday, groups of 5 or more riders that i havent seen before in the park. i think its great the bear is doing so well and all we can hope for is good weather and more growth. Up grading the triple might be a possibility. adding another lift on the park side is another. as to the responce about a pass holders parking lot, there are so many pass holders that we couldnt create a parkinglot large enough. looking towards the future for bear it s just going to get more crowded. basically all you can do is keep expanding as far as we can go. the up grades that were talked about earlier on this site were great thoughts and a huge and great start unfortunitatly there is a thing called a budget, and unexpected issues. All you can do at this time is a make decisions based off numbers, and money. i would try to do alot this off season and see what we can get done. next season is going to bring more and more people, and expanding is the only way to help the problem. for a lil side note the beginer park was the an awesome idea and it couldnt have come at a better time. It is a huge hit for lil kids and kids that want to learn how to do things on smaller jibs.

The majority of my frustration lies in the lifts. I realize lines are going to happen on weekends/holidays, but it is extremely annoying to have the quad stop 3, 4, 5 times during the trip up. If people are having that much problem getting on/off the lift then they should maybe be encouraged to hone their lift skills on one of the smaller chairs. Maybe some of the lift operators need help too - I don't know.

Hope that doesn't come off snobby.. But I notice the quad at BC stops and slows down waaaay more than any of the other resorts/mountains I have been to. It really makes the day feel less fulfilling.

We were up there with our two young sons this weekend and everything seemed to run smoothly. We did however leave at 2:30, when the lift lines started to get thick. My boys loved the new family terrain park and I liked that it was safer than the big park. Great idea.

The snow conditions were great and the slopes didn't seem too crowded. The key to enjoying a peak ski weekend for our family is to arrive early and leave early.

Adding the extra two hours (even though we didn't use them) to the 4 hour lift ticket was a very courteous gesture, one that I'm sure alleviated some of the lift line/rental line tension.

Thanks for the great skiing and snowboarding! :nana

I think the lift lines are the worst thing, does anyone know if its possible to get a high speed quad for next year, if so is bear looking into it? I know the quad wouldnt shorten lift lines but it would surely help you get more runs in....i think the is the best improvment bear could make

a park lift would be awesome but heres the thing...it would be really hard to put a T tow thing or a magic carpet in the main park because it merges with those 2 trails...its like where do u put it?.....and then the small park wouldnt be serviced, but the small park would definitely be easier to put a tow rope or carpet in

i love how you guys are so oriented with the people. with public forums, and asking for opinions on this board and such, its awesome

i agree i mean you hold public park forums or whatever at the mountain to have the public discuss their ideas about the park..

no other mountain does that atleast i havent really seen too many mountain reps on here making polls asking questions.. and oh LISTENING haha, Parkbuilder has done a great job with Shawnee though i might add

:wub: I usually avoid holiday's and weekends BUT the season hasn't been great with the rainy Sundays and all so we braved it. I came with the carload to get our 4hours in. We were directed to park in the top lot before 10:00am! I forgot my coat and gloves at home! But the sun was warm and I had packed an extra pair of gloves for the kids that kinda fit. There was waiting in the lift lines but nothing compared to Jack Frost in the "80's. And i've waited in lines in Vail too. I would suggest that the lift operators be a little more dilligent with setting up chairs that are full. The triple chair was not exactly running effeciently. Also just because I have smaller kids don't assume I need the chair slowed down. We know what were doing, please keep it moving. But you guys are doing a great job conditions were surpizingly very good-Thank you! We think of Bear as our neighborhood ski slope. We are always running into our friends from school there.

It seems expensive to add new lifts just for the few crowded days each season. So is Bear Creek attracting more skiers than last season and when it was Doe mountain? Are people actually staying at the hotel? I wonder if an increase in business at Bear Creek will hurt Spring, Blue, and Camelback. It would be nice if Blue mountain also had good food. You guys need to hire Papasteeze as project manager to move dirt around at the top to add more vertical. I might try out Bear Creek next season if I have a free pass or for Nastar.

I think sometime in Novemeber if was filled every weekend into march. Weekday rooms can be had but you are SOL on wekeends. They are already planning another hotel or hotel expansion, I think going up starting in April.

You guys need to hire Papasteeze as project manager to move dirt around at the top to add more vertical.

I've always wondered if that's how they turned Little Gap (what was the vertical, like 200-400 feet?) into Blue Mountain (1082 feet). It's a mining area, they had the equipment. Anyone know how they did that?

I voted snow surfaces so that you guys blow extra deep to stay open longer..

I heard hot dog stand, a ticket window or two a couple of first aid is a real option, I also heard the announcer saying you guys got approval for more trail expansion??

I would try and figure away to get the crowds over to the other lift so they don't all bottle neck at the lifts at the lodge. You guys rock. The comp was good last night but why wasn't ski patrol manning the site through out the comp? That seems strange given the nature of the type of competition. I should start a new thread.