Saturday @ Blue

Zonked

At first I just thought you guys were complaining cause the new rail wasnt a flat rail, until I tried it. The tranny is real tough and I tried the rail once and just quit, its like the roller coaster at Bear, almost noone can do it and just there for looks.

told ya so. haha. its really smooth... its just tough as hell to do because its so hardcore. i got bucked hardcore by that thing plenty of times yesterday.

i saw it yesterday and have to agree that is was a bit of a waste of money. i did a good number of runs through the park and didn't see a single person hit it.

i was feeling a bit shakey on the rails yesterday so i decided it was better for my helath to not attempt that guy.

the parks are really nice right now though, all the hits were really nice and soft with awesome lips. i was overshooting like every landing early on because i wasn't expecting them to boot my so high/far.

the new set up of the lower park is nice, i like it a lot. it is awesome cause you can hit like everything right in a row and set up a nice little run. makes the easier stuff more fun because even though it is easy you really have to concentrate on what you want to do on each element to make a nicely linked run that isn't too repetitive.

conditions yesterday were great minus the HUGE amount of people who started showing up aroun 12-1. Although i got a bunch of good runs in early since i was there at about 815. i saw jeff and doug zip by while i was on the lift, but that was it.

haha yes you.

haha, well i was in there yesterday for a handful of runs. i wasn't in there as much as normal though because i was with my gf and i didn't want to keep making her ski through there and get bored. so we were alternating between the park and the diamonds all day, plus a few paradise runs because i brought my room mate to teach him to ride, and i had to check on him every now and again...

Blue Mountain wasn't too good on Saturday, I went later then I usually do, I got there at like 4:00, and the it was getting darker quick. I did a few runs before getting foor, and then after, it was dark, and ICY DEATH! :banghead . I hated it so much, so I left at like 7:30, not a good day for me at all. :banghead:banghead

Today was windy and icy too, not to mention cold.

Toast some shite came up on sat and i couldnt go that morning but, I will be there next weekend, serious this time :P

man my buddy was with me, and he hit that 4th jump on sidewinder, wasnt going fast enough hehe, blew his arm apart, could hardly even shift gears in his jeep to drive us home.

Edited by M Riz

Today was windy and icy too, not to mention cold.

Toast some shite came up on sat and i couldnt go that morning but, I will be there next weekend, serious this time :P

man my buddy was with me, and he hit that 4th jump on sidewinder, wasnt going fast enough hehe, blew his arm apart, could hardly even shift gears in his jeep to drive us home.

thats crazy, i took my room mate up to snowboard for the first time and he spraned his wrist (sp?). he kept on going though for the rest of the day, and even went and delivered chinese food last night despite not being able to carry anything in that hand. lots of arm injuries... weird.

^ Some ppl are hitting it okay tho.. I've seen a few boarders n a skier make it to the end n off.. others only making it to the top n falling off.

It's neat. I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to hit with lotsa speed..

It would be easier with a lot of speed, but if you mess up it's a lot worse. On saturday, i saw a pretty fair amount of people hitting it. :confused It's really nice-i don't know what some people are talking about. The worst part of the rail, to me, is the dip. It looks so intimidating, but seriously-it's not that bad. Boardslides are a different story :no

thats crazy, i took my room mate up to snowboard for the first time and he spraned his wrist (sp?). he kept on going though for the rest of the day, and even went and delivered chinese food last night despite not being able to carry anything in that hand. lots of arm injuries... weird.

I hurt my arm on lower sidewinder. It seems alright- a little pain when i apply direct pressure. I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens.

It would be easier with a lot of speed, but if you mess up it's a lot worse. On saturday, i saw a pretty fair amount of people hitting it. :confused It's really nice-i don't know what some people are talking about. The worst part of the rail, to me, is the dip. It looks so intimidating, but seriously-it's not that bad. Boardslides are a different story :no

of course boardslides are a different story. because 50/50s dont count on boxes.

^ agreed. skiers 50-50ing a box looks rediculous and doesnt require all too much skill. i cant comment on the skill part while snowboarding, since i dont snowboard, but it looks just as pitiful when a snowboarder 50-50s a box as it does when a skier does one, unless you are spinning onto the box. the rail doesnt look all that hard to me, i've done harder, but its the lip that makes it near impossible for anyone to clean the thing without 50-50ing at least the first portion of it.

^ agreed. skiers 50-50ing a box looks rediculous and doesnt require all too much skill. i cant comment on the skill part while snowboarding, since i dont snowboard, but it looks just as pitiful when a snowboarder 50-50s a box as it does when a skier does one, unless you are spinning onto the box. the rail doesnt look all that hard to me, i've done harder, but its the lip that makes it near impossible for anyone to clean the thing without 50-50ing at least the first portion of it.

:lol iam one of those people :rock

I cannot do rails to save my life. ive been trying to get up there 5050 and then turn sideways thats the only way i can really do them. I have great balance other wise, its getting on the rail where i usually fail miserably :(

i do much better in the air :P its where I tend to stay.

I think it might be safer to ollie onto boardslides instead of turning on them. Just practice boardslides alot and they become second nature, you wont even have to think about them anymore.

i can turn into a BS boardslide but have trubble olieing into them. any suggestions?

well, i really just need to practice on them but i always feel pressured at blue. Hopefully i can meet up with some ppl and watch them do it, its not that i cant do it. its only a matter of time before i figure out how to get on the rail without sliding into a split or whatever.

just ollie, spot where you want to land on the rail, and land. keep your knees bent and ready to take the impact. your board will absorb a lot of it, but don't give it all to your board, unles you want to buy a new one. while on it keep your knees bent. this will keep your center of gravity low. also, some speed helps. you have to fight friction here, so if you ollie on BS with no speed you are just gonna catch on the rail and eat shit. i often find a little too much speed works better then a little too less. if you have too much it is easier to bail. not enough speed falls are a lot less controlable.

practice practice practice

I read an article in 'Pro Rider' to practice boardslides on rails.. kinda hard to explain with just words.. but if u find an area of flat snow, take ur board off n put it in front of u, then, u wanna jump onto it, with 1 foot next to each binding, n basically 'pretend' ur boardsliding. If u fall foward that's like catching ur toe edge, n if u fall backwards it's like catching ur heel edge. If u can jump on it n actually slide, u get used to how ur body should be positioned, n then u can take it to a small rail. At the same time, once u've mastered jumping onto ur board on flat snow, u can actually stop in front of the box/rail, turn urself sideways, n jump on it like a regular bs. Supposedly this method works well. I've tried jumping onto my board on flat snow, not as easy as u'd expect.

The easiest way is to just try it on a small box. Get comfortable turning onto it, then just try to ollie on to it. Just stay centered on your board, and stare at the end of the box. They're not that hard to get. I actually find it harder to get out of them than into them :rolleyes: