Rail Jam and Slopestyle

skier150

The Rail Jam last night went great as an event. There were some complaints about the length of the whole thing, which will be addressed for the next one. Overall though I think everyone had a really good time, and there were a lot of spectators. Thanks to ja8kman for the sound system and music and the park crue for setting things up. Congratulations to all the PASR boarders and skiers who made it into the finals, as well as to all of you who won prizes just for showing up.

The slopestyle today went even better! Once again there were no serious injuries and most people had a good time. Props to the park crew for setting up a pretty nice event. I was very impressed with some of the competitors who were really stepping it up. Congrats again to the PASR boarders and skiers who placed.

The Rail Jam last night went great as an event. There were some complaints about the length of the whole thing, which will be addressed for the next one. Overall though I think everyone had a really good time, and there were a lot of spectators. Thanks to ja8kman for the sound system and music and the park crue for setting things up. Congratulations to all the PASR boarders and skiers who made it into the finals, as well as to all of you who won prizes just for showing up.

The slopestyle today went even better! Once again there were no serious injuries and most people had a good time. Props to the park crew for setting up a pretty nice event. I was very impressed with some of the competitors who were really stepping it up. Congrats again to the PASR boarders and skiers who placed.

Glad everthing went well....We rode the lift with someone who was talking about how they were told it was four runs, and the first didnt count, but it ended up being only two runs, and they were only judged for one run...I guess that's the length issue you were talking about?

Looked like a big audience for the slopestyle. doug and I were going to check it out, but we wanted our last run to be razors, and not lazy...

team ed's house :banghead

The rail jam setup was nice. I didn't take pics, but it was: Drop in to a 15? foot flat box, small gap to a 15? foot down box, down a little bit, there was another box, about the same length. It was setup so nice- i regret not entering. They had a soundsystem going, and would play homer simpson sounds whenever people would fall (ex-DOH! or Aw Crap!) I wish blue would setup some rails like that- on wide tables with nice, wide lips on to them :drool . It would be sooo nice.

The rail jam setup was nice. I didn't take pics, but it was: Drop in to a 15? foot flat box, small gap to a 15? foot down box, down a little bit, there was another box, about the same length. It was setup so nice- i regret not entering. They had a soundsystem going, and would play homer simpson sounds whenever people would fall (ex-DOH! or Aw Crap!) I wish blue would setup some rails like that- on wide tables with nice, wide lips on to them :drool . It would be sooo nice.

Yea the setup looked nice. It would be nice to see a setup like that in the park for all those rail riders.

Guest jeenyus2690

the set up for the rail jam was nice, but there were some problems. i was in it, and you got to practice which was nice, everyone got a few runs of practice. the jam part was messed up though. they gave us like 45 min to go as many times as we wanted, which is a jam, but there were so many people that alomost everyone only got to go once. then all of a sudden there like ok time for the top 16, which most didnt make it in(but i did!) to make it sort there just wasnt enough time for the amount of people. another problem got to be the wind factor. on the first box, the flat down you couldnt get enough speed by the finals. i got pulled in on the finals and i still had just enough speed to get on it. also how you droped in was so messed up. it wasnt by groups it was just who ever wanted to go so it got really confussing. the announcer was like ok next up is 302 14 and under and then he would be like next is 356 skier 15 and older. it overall wasnt organized very good. also next time it should be by skill level, not by age. its unfair to some people cuz i know some kids who r sponsered who i was going against and its just not fair. plus usually a rail jam is one rail not two, but the set up overall was pretty good, maybe a little bigger starting ramp for next time tho

Hi, This is Keith. I am in charge of Park Crue. I have had lots of feedback about the Rail Jam & Slopestyle.

Most of it was good. 1.The set up of the rails = Good. People loved the rails, but as Jeenyus says speed was a problem . This can be corrected by moving it down the slope a little. 2. The Sound System, announcer and the way the spectators were coralled and safe from the rest of the slope - Good. The spectators had a ball, and all the comments so far from them are very positive. The equipment reps said that it was like a pro event... Now, the negative.The age groups: Shoulda been 14 & over Boarders and skiers, 13 & under Boarders & skiers. [4 1st prizes] We also made the mistake of starting the contest late in the day. Next time, we will start earlier, there will be 4 different color bibs[For the 4 Categories} and it will be a freeforall jam for maybe 2 hours or more. That way every body can have more than 1 opportunity to throw it down.

As for the Slopestyle, I have not seen Sidewinder look so perfect this year. It was a beautiful day and the snow started to soften up as the day wore on. We basically wanted to have 6 hittable features per run. There were at least 2 lines to take and you had the opportunity to hit the smaller or huge jumps. Some people complained that the jumps were too big, but really the larger of the smaller jumps was maxed out at 45ft. Little Lucas Wehr [age10] was easily clearing it. Better watch out, some of the up and coming Blue Mt. groms are killing it. It stands to reason, they have a big Mountain park to play in!!

All in all it wasn't a bad 1st Shredfest. We are learning and the next one will hopefully be bigger and better.

I look forward to all your feedback. Keep it coming. Thanks

also next time it should be by skill level, not by age. its unfair to some people cuz i know some kids who r sponsered who i was going against and its just not fair.

NEVER!!! Age groups is the only way. Sorry.. but I have seen way to many people say they are beginners then spin 5's to have any patience with that subject.

well i thought the overall set up was cool, boxes aren't my thing but they were nice... maybe something new and more challenging next time? i also think maybe the rails should be side by side, that way you can just hit either or thats what i think a jam session should be, not make it so time restricted so its more fun and you can just chill with everyone and have a good time and throw down. i unfortunatly was one of the people that didn't get to practice which was lamo but i heard from some people the practice was more fun than the actual 'jam' itself, but i wouldn't know, then i got one run and that was it... but oh well..

i unfortunatly was one of the people that didn't get to practice which was lamo but i heard from some people the practice was more fun than the actual 'jam' itself, but i wouldn't know, then i got one run and that was it... but oh well.

I hear you. Next time it will start earlier, and maybe we will put a rail on the Blue Mt. Shuttle and drag it down on Vista..

Hi, This is Keith. I am in charge of Park Crue. I have had lots of feedback about the Rail Jam & Slopestyle.

Keith is also a nationally certified ski and snowboard instructor with an in depth knowledge of regional, national, and international competitions. If you have any questions about snowboarding or the terrain park at Blue, he is the man to ask!

So here is my question to you... are we ever going to bring our C rail back out? You know, the one that was down where the stairs are now.

Edited by skier150