anyone else getting depressed?

beachiegirl2ski

i'm always depressed this time of year.

the meadowlands thing is supposed to be open in the summer of 2007, but i don't see them being on time with that project. it's supposed to be a huge complex (called Xanadu) with a shopping mall (cause jersey seriously needs another one), rock climbing, and other sports stuff including an indoor ski place. however, i think the indoor ski place will end up basically being a bunny hill. i might do it once or twice during the summer, but it will probably be boring. it might be okay if they include a terrain park, at least for snowboarders.

i think the indoor european places are the same deal. it's more worth it to make a trip out to south america to go skiing in the andes than to europe for an indoor bunny hill.

I think the developer is in serious financial trouble.

At cb on Saturday I saw this HUGE hawk flying above the slopes - you know the snow must be melting fast for this bird to be taking a look for a meal.

This thing looked like a red-tailed hawk but I've never seen them that big in NJ.

Not too strange then, considering you were in PA :lol

the season never ends. there is always snow from the ice rink for ghetto backyard set-ups... i'm hoping to have one a week this summer.

dude, im allowed to come over right?

blue is staying open until the 26th

and how would you know this?

That's a hike I've done many times before and the short rock scrambling section is fun. The hike I do the most often is West of Blue mountain ski area between Little Gap and Lehigh Gap. I always like the view of Palmerton and the old mines and there are hardly any trees which makes for lots of good off trail hiking. I like to hike in sandals but after a few encounters with snakes anymore, I'm not hiking in my Tevas anymore. Last summer I was taking a piss in the woods and a snake slithered right across my bare toes, I jumped about 6 feet in the air and shrieked like a little girl. Wild turkey also freak me out a little bit.

Maybe the snake saw your "you know what" and thought it was another snake. Maybe the snake was like "Hey, why is there an anaconda in Palmerton?" Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hahaha.

Guys I hope you'll be happy to hear I got the DL from a liftie at bear today, long story how but the temps are dropping this week and their ideal would be to blow snow thursday friday and saturday but their not totally sure they'll be able to drop it that whole time. Please realise this was from a liftie so I'm not totally sure about it just what I've heard but hey let's hope for the best! if not I think I'll end up :drink3:

I dunno man. The way the ski patrol have been acting when asked if bear will blow snow anymore you would think its a crime to blow snow. :confused I think we will see @least 1 night of blowing,but I think thats all. Its sad to say but Its looking true. This amazing weather has really taken a toll on the slopes,sadly.

..adam.. :banghead

I dunno man. The way the ski patrol have been acting when asked if bear will blow snow anymore you would think its a crime to blow snow. :confused I think we will see @least 1 night of blowing,but I think thats all. Its sad to say but Its looking true. This amazing weather has really taken a toll on the slopes,sadly.

..adam.. :banghead

I would never listen to ski patrol about blowing snow, as for on site I want to know where this 42 inches of base is hiding out besides we've got pond skimming this weekend so why not just go with it and hope for the best?

I would never listen to ski patrol about blowing snow, as for on site I want to know where this 42 inches of base is hiding out besides we've got pond skimming this weekend so why not just go with it and hope for the best?

I got a text like 2 hours ago from my liftie friend saying that it was dead and the conditions are insane*sarcasm* and that there will be nomore snowblown this season. :(

..adam..