ideas for camelback(winter)-cross posted from CB forums

4 more wars

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell, I pretty much could get fired for even making that post on the CB forums. I really just want to improve my home mountain, afterall--I live like 5 miles from there.

ok ok whatever, ill let you do your thing and stop poaching your thread. but i have one question (and a comment)

why would they fire you for making a post like that?

if they do fire you that says a lot about what kind of mountain they are.

well, for you to even think they would fire you says a lot about what kind of mountain they are

Edited by Shadows

1. Stay Open! Today is only one of the many times this season I couldn't ski because they were closed. I know that has been a big complaint this year.

2. Show that you actually care about you customers. I know that many people are tired of having their suggestions and constructive criticism disregarded and have given up on CB as a lost cause. If CB doesn't care about improving themselves that why should I.

Those are the main things that need to be addressed. I think Camelback mountain is a great ski area, but the way it is run makes it much less appealing. Once these things are addressed and if CB were more open to suggestions then I'm sure we could all work together to make the whole experiace better, but until CB starts caring they will never get rid of the stigma they have brought upon themselves.

I apologize for going off on a tangent before. I was just trying to state that CB, at this time, does not seem open to suggestions. If you want to get something done it will take much more that a list of possible improvements. If you are willing to put in the commitment that it will take I will support that effort, but It would take a lot more time and effort with no gaurentee they will listen.

Well obviously what first comes to mind is the parks. Listen to the park crew, I know damn well they have good ideas. You cant go wrong with listening to them, or just do what blue did bring an outsider to help design a park

TAKE RISKS, i know that is hard to do when your in the ski business because your dependent on the weather and have to worry about people suing you. By take risks I mean get bigger park features, leave a trail ungroomed, try something completely different hold local competions, have all of the lifts open its a bitch when you close a lift for no reason.

first off i agree with everything you guys are saying, but CB wont listen. They'll do what they want. It's always been that way, and not much is gonna change. They worry too much about safety and liability. We've already tried to talk to them about park passes and such, and we got shot down every season. Also, the instructors do have park etiquette, we are trained for that and our rights barely get abused. We do know what we're doing, and for those that dont know they typically stay out of the park. Most people are there learning, so give them a break, not every one is the next Shaun White, take this from someone who works there and sees CB every day of the winter season. :wiggle

Edited by boarderchic131

Here is a couple.

Turn off the lights at night, you don't need them.

Employees park in their own lot. :rofl

Local Competitions.

Half a full trail for race training.

first off i agree with everything you guys are saying, but CB wont listen.

You and shadows should give up and hook up!! Uhhhhh.. sorry boarderchic131 - welcome to PASR thanks for chiming in! :rock

Here is a couple.

Employees park in their own lot. :rofl

Local Competitions.

Half a full trail for race training.

You and shadows should give up and hook up!! Uhhhhh.. sorry boarderchic131 - welcome to PASR thanks for chiming in! :rock

:lol haha im down for that

Actually, the snowmakers need them, the groomers need them... I agree, if you are referring to trails that noone is grooming or blowing on. I saw the lights on the other night on Blues website at like 2am, though :D

:lol haha im down for that

easy bud... don't wanna re-break anything :D

I do agree with most of the people that have posted on this fourm. But look, CB has already made alot of changes this year. When did you ever know cb to have a bump run, let alone a bump run on rocket of the asp. They have also have made alot of Terrian Park improvments. Athough it does not look like it they have givvin the Park manager alot more freedom with the design of the park. One thing you have to relize is that you can go change the whole layout of a park mid year, there prolly isnt enough snow. All im gonna say is wait until next year and stop your bitching. Even though CB has made alot of changes, both in the public eye and behind closed doors, you people still have to find something to complain about. Just be happy that you are able to ski

And papa maybe we should just give you your own parking lot :rofl

One thing you have to relize is that you can go change the whole layout of a park mid year, there prolly isnt enough snow.

im gonna say that "can" should be a "cant"

and yes, you CAN change the whole park layout mid season. blue has done it, bc has done it, MC does it all the time.

haha down for what?

it was a joke, nevermind

start caring about your patrains. i was aculy detered from going to CB the other day b/c o i knew how they treated their pass holders and dont lesson to suggestions that locals give to them i refuse to support a mountian that does not do that.

Just be happy that you are able to ski

Umm... hey bud, you are a Ski Intructor at Camelback? Perhaps YOU were skiing today, but I sat on my ass at home because:

a. the MOUNTAIN WAS CLOSED

b. camelback didn't blow enough snow to keep my area open this late in the season

So lets focus on the real issues at hand... the fact that Camelback is closed this week to preserve snow is a DIRECT result of not blowing snow every day they had a chance. I've gone north and I've gone out west and seen them blowing snow IN A FREAKIN BLIZZARD.

There is a reason that people stay open later than Camelback, lack of snow blown is that very reason.

the bump run is a green...the handicapped ramp that PapaSteeze uses at Camelback has more pitch than that run... :lol

Hahaha...you're still a sissy old lady d#@chebag, though :o

Was that really their bump run? It was better than no bump run, but sort of goofy flat.

Yup the day we skied Camelback, the only bump run they had listed was the green trail that had bumps that we skied twice to get over to the Stevenson express. Barneys bumps on the side of Main Street seemed like skiing down the side of the Empire State building compared to that...

They put that there to teach people to ski bumps, all season they had one of the front four bumped up... Rocket at first, followed by Asp later in the season... neither was much of a challenge for me... Asp seemed a lot harder, with the double fall line.

They put that there to teach people to ski bumps, all season they had one of the front four bumped up... Rocket at first, followed by Asp later in the season... neither was much of a challenge for me... Asp seemed a lot harder, with the double fall line.

Do you have to really crank up the rental bindings to ski moguls?

I was just referring to your own equipment profile.

And yet I have no clue what you mean by that....

Are you one of the CB bouncers?

bouncers. lol. no.

I rent a board :P

I own ski's. And by switch, I mean backward. Forgot I was talking to Ski racers *cough*

Edited by Assassin

the bump run is a green...the handicapped ramp that PapaSteeze uses at Camelback has more pitch than that run... :lol

That run is mad sweet. Bumps you can rip on GS skis :devil: It has a sick line that 3 people can all sissyly douchebagily race down :nana

And the rest of the season (minus the day doug was there) it has great bumps. I'm sure if I went to blue next weekend I could find many things to bitch and moan about to.

But thats just my negitive self :)

Actually, the snowmakers need them, the groomers need them... I agree, if you are referring to trails that noone is grooming or blowing on. I saw the lights on the other night on Blues website at like 2am, though :D

easy bud... don't wanna re-break anything :D

Actually I'm pretty sure the groomers don't need them. I went by Jack Frost after a while spent over at Big Boulder and saw the groomers out and about. Jack Frost doesn't have any lights. The light thrown off by the groomers was plenty to work with even in the pitch dark.

Actually I'm pretty sure the groomers don't need them. I went by Jack Frost after a while spent over at Big Boulder and saw the groomers out and about. Jack Frost doesn't have any lights. The light thrown off by the groomers was plenty to work with even in the pitch dark.

There are no lights out west. lighted trails is a eastern phenonemen. There is no valid reason for lights. the snowmaking guys do not check the snow blowers that often to need lights, besides snowmobiles and spotlights would ever be all that is needed.

I think CB does it to catch after hour poachers.