riding after they close

gcleary47

im not sure if your allowed but bear shouldnt be closing anyway, they have plenty of snow to make it at least another week, and they could have been blowing these past couple days (even if they only could have made 8 inches)....im kinda disappointed in bears efforts of not trying to stay open into april or even late march.....i dont think the snow is melting from both sides anymore

I know, it sucks. I have three earily dismissals Tuesday-Thursday at school this week and I was planning on skiing during that. Now what am I going to do Bear, Now what am I going to do!? Probably pay lots of money to go to Blue Mountain. Bah.

well last year at Camelback i knew some ppl that lived in the condos right next to the terrain park.. so id stay there till about 10:30 or 11 then head out and hike the rails a little bit then ride down and go home.. i did get yelled at once by a guy on a snowmobile and i just told him i was comin down from the condos and he just told me not to do it again haha

up until last year mountain creek pulled out the rails but left the jumps and some of the jumps that were on the skiers left going downhill never melted becuase they were never hit by the sun, and they lasted deep into april. guys would hike up and they kept taking the snow off the table to make a run in and run out, they were pretty die hard. last year was the first time they plowed out the tables on closing day and i think they will again this year

it's really beat that the season ends before it has to. it is definately a nice way of saying thank you to all the loyal customers that worked through the mud in january with the hopes of riding in april. thanks for all the talk. we'll see you next year.

When we were at Bear on Friday night Andy told us that he will be working on tearing down the park this week so that people aren't able to come up and session the features. Once they stop selling lift tickets that pretty much closes off the mountain to access for skiing and boarding. Blue's policy is pretty much the same, and from what I know they are very strict when it comes to people hiking the mountain. Several people have asked about hiking Blue in the spring, and have been told that they will be cited for trespassing due to the concerns about liability.

it's really beat that the season ends before it has to. it is definately a nice way of saying thank you to all the loyal customers that worked through the mud in january with the hopes of riding in april. thanks for all the talk. we'll see you next year.

agreed

I know, it sucks. I have three earily dismissals Tuesday-Thursday at school this week and I was planning on skiing during that. Now what am I going to do Bear, Now what am I going to do!? Probably pay lots of money to go to Blue Mountain. Bah.

Buy a youth lift, or have someone buy it for you- 30 bucks!

That gives me an idea. I seriously would love to try sledding down Blue. :rock

I heard someone died going down razors or challenge on a tube- most likely bullshit.

That would be some extreme sledding. So that's it for Bear now? There not even gonna try and stay another week? They couldn't just open up like the park or something, plow some snow around and have park only for another week. Man I'm mad disappointed this year, seems like us skiiers and boarders got a sh**ty year. Hope for the best next year though.

That would be some extreme sledding. So that's it for Bear now? There not even gonna try and stay another week? They couldn't just open up like the park or something, plow some snow around and have park only for another week. Man I'm mad disappointed this year, seems like us skiiers and boarders got a sh**ty year. Hope for the best next year though.

Yeah, this weak closing with temperatures in the 40s and snow still on the ground is very disappointing, especially after the BS about an attempt to go into April. I personally have to give thought to maybe getting a blue pass next year instead, though the price difference kind of sucks.

"I heard someone died going down razors or challenge on a tube- most likely bullshit."

No. A kid did die about 6 or 7 years ago. From what I know he was an employee at the mountain and tried to take a tube down Mainstreet and died from head trauma when he hit either a lift tower or a tree. Not a fun way to go.

"I personally have to give thought to maybe getting a blue pass next year instead, though the price difference kind of sucks."

If you are into park then I don't think you will be dissapointed if you decide to get a pass at Blue. The management really showed how serious they were about having a legit park this year, and I'm stoked with the way the park turned out at Blue this year. You can be sure that riders will see many more park improvements next year.

Edited by freeridintre

I think bear made a big mistake by closing so early. their going to lose alot of business to blue next year from people that are really dissapointed with them. I really dont see why they didnt stay open and maybe just open at night and on the weekend instead of running the quad allllllllll day long when NOBODY is there :banghead . i mean if your gonna run a lift all day at least run the double that most likely costs less to run. It just dosent seem like it was a very wise desicion to close so early, but maybe im wrong.

"No. A kid did die about 6 or 7 years ago. From what I know he was an employee at the mountain and tried to take a tube down Mainstreet and died from head trauma when he hit either a lift tower or a tree. Not a fun way to go.

If you are into park then I don't think you will be dissapointed if you decide to get a pass at Blue. The management really showed how serious they were about having a legit park this year, and I'm stoked with the way the park turned out at Blue this year. You can be sure that riders will see many more park improvements next year.

:huh: shit, that's horrible.

I'm getting a pass again to blue next year. It's so worth it- it's paid off in what, 10 visits? Plus it's an awesome mt, and the park was well above my expectations this year. Next season is gonna be awesome :rock:rolleyes::woot:yes:wub:

"I heard someone died going down razors or challenge on a tube- most likely bullshit."

No. A kid did die about 6 or 7 years ago. From what I know he was an employee at the mountain and tried to take a tube down Mainstreet and died from head trauma when he hit either a lift tower or a tree. Not a fun way to go.

I think someone died at Pico (VT) last year, trying to snowtube in the off hours also.

I think someone died at Pico (VT) last year, trying to snowtube in the off hours also.

Thats just stupid. I can't believe people actually think it would be a good idea to tube on slopes. People in control on skis/boards still hit trees, and they think they'll be fine with no steering ability at all.