Going Monday

bigdaddyk

I plan on heading to Blue on Monday and have never been there. I was just looking for some input on which runs to hit first, for warmups and what anybody suggests after that. Also, how is parking. I know the lot will be empty, but are there any areas that are closer, that I should look for?

Edited by bigdaddyk

I plan on heading to Blue on Monday and have never been there. I was just looking for some input on which runs to hit first, for warmups and what anybody suggests after that. Also, how is parking. I know the lot will be empty, but are there any areas that are closer, that I should look for?

Park down below, jump on the quad, fly down Razors. Repeat x 25 :yes

park up top, jump on the quad, bomb down sidewinder x 50 :drool

Park down below, makes for a MUCH quicker exit. Here's an example. You're at the top, you want to do Razors one more time, and then you want to head out. Go down razors (2 minutes) take off your skis, walk to your car (2 minutes).

OR

Go down razors (2 minutes). Take the quad back up (5 minutes). Ski down Mainstreet/switch/lazy (3 minutes) Go up the main street chair (6 minutes) Ski down to the lodge (1 minute). Take off your skis and walk much farther to your car (4 minutes)

Park down below, makes for a MUCH quicker exit. Here's an example. You're at the top, you want to do Razors one more time, and then you want to head out. Go down razors (2 minutes) take off your skis, walk to your car (2 minutes).

OR

Go down razors (2 minutes). Take the quad back up (5 minutes). Ski down Mainstreet/switch/lazy (3 minutes) Go up the main street chair (6 minutes) Ski down to the lodge (1 minute). Take off your skis and walk much farther to your car (4 minutes)

true, but i always park up top cause thats where i sit and eat, and i keep my lunch in the car

true, but i always park up top cause thats where i sit and eat, and i keep my lunch in the car

I only park up top on power days to avoid getting in an accident on the way down, and plus, i want to jump out right into pow, and not ride a lift up watching all the ski patrollers hack their way down, takin all the fresh pow.

Well, I finally made it Tuesday. I thought the conditions were pretty good. Although I hit a rock on Challenge and scuffed up my edge...oh well I guess that's spring skiing. The fresh powder was nice. I started out on Paradise and went to razor's edge, then challenge. Paradise wasn't much fun...the man made powder stopped you in spots. I got 28 runs in, so I was satisfied. The only thing that didn't impress me was the amount of bottles and garbage under the lifts. The fact that they had pierogies really impressed me :drool ...it's almost unheard of to find them at ski resorts, around here. One thing I was wondering, there looks to be an unused trail that goes under the quad, or is that just an access road for the lifts? I made out pretty good with the $10 off for business cards, plus I have the 1/2 off coupon that I plan on using Wednesday. There was a decent amount of people there, in the morning, although I could tell if most people has passes or bought tickets.

OR

EDIT: Go down razors (2 minutes). Take the quad back up (5 minutes) Ski connector, cross raceway, and hike to the top lodge(3 minutes). (The kids in explorers call it "Strawberry Shortcut". ). Take off your skis and walk to your car, enjoying the extra run (4 minutes) Yeah, it's still more, but why would you wanna leave your favorite place in the world so sudden? :nono

they arent done cutting it yet, obviously since it isnt open. hopefully it will steer some of the traffic away from the park.

Hopefully.

I think they plan on digging down more, and pushing that dirt over, to make the trail wider. Get it? Like, if they made walls on the trail, like paradise has? Just look at it hard next time, you'll start to see where i'm coming from.

:woot