CB improvements

Shadows

i figured i'd make a post about this here and see what others think. they actually responded to one of the posts about improvements. although they didnt really tell anybody jack s***, they did post and comment, and make it apparent they listen. the debate of whether or not they act on it will be settled in a few months i guess :no

anywho...

The logs were on Pocono Raceway, not Rhodo. Yes?the logs were taken from trees cleared from Rhodo Glen. The plan is to make the Rhodo Park bigger! Don?t ask what the features are going to be and what is going to be put in ? that hasn?t been determined yet. But the park will be bigger for the 06-07 ski and ride season! Work has already started!

All posts on the message board are read and your ideas and suggestions are appreciated and considered.

Stay tuned for more information?.

this still wont change where i buy my season pass :lol:lol:

when i say "they" in my post, i mean ashleigh from ridecb. which, ashleigh really doesnt seem to know anything about the terrain parks, let alone what improvements they make to it, "they might put more metal in it" :wiggle

2 boxes are better than no boxes.

well, the rainbow box was useless. but i will say that c box was awesome. its was constructed well, set up perfect (ollie on :rock)

once your parks start to look something like out west, youre onto something...

1143394850timbeavercreek.jpg

^Beaver Creek, i was amazed at the similarities. they look exactly the same.

I don't think CB made that C-Box, it was bought along with some others. So Beaver Creek must use the same company.

The rumors have it there is a lot going on for next year. For the park people I think this is going to be the year things happen. (Finally) I am not a park person but I hear enough complaints about CB's parks. The past year complaints were down about the Rhodo Park because of the wall ride, new boxes and jump set ups. Still a long way to go but with the trees cut down that shows things are going to happen. Hang in there.

If Camelback puts up a longer set of stairs in next seasons park...I'll be there...I also want to ski Nastar at Camelback sometime next season because some Camelback people like Metz and RacerChick visited the Blue Nastar course.

bla bla bla.. only if someone buys your lift ticket or you can get it for free. who you trying to kid, blue boy.. :lol J/K :nana

(Whiny little girl voice) Stop bashing Camelback!

According to people like Skizilla, 2 new crappy boxes is a huge improvement for the terrain parks.

Wrong wrong wrong!!!!!!

That would be 2 busted ass packing crates with nails sticking out of them buried in the snow.

They still need more rusy pipes too don't forget.

• 3 weeks later...

someone posted over on CB's message board that they should move the terrain park to the meadows and clrear the trees out from the bottom on king tut to make that one big run for a park.. and have birches just run straight into Laurel Glade making that a long beginner trail.. and then have a sick park on Tut/Meadows and have a park pass ordeal goin on.. then use rhodo for the smaller beginner park..

i like that idea alot.. i also like the make nile a park idea too haha

hey guys I heard camelback is getting 12 new rails for next season!!!

and when I say "12 new rails" I mean two new awful boxes and ten awful rails that we've had for years but it's a NEW season so they're NEW rails get it?

:lol

2 boxes are better than no boxes.

Not really- they could get in 2 shitty boxes, and put them in. That way, they take up room while the good boxes sit on the side...

with it wider do you think that they could/possibly would put a rope tow in

no

someone posted over on CB's message board that they should move the terrain park to the meadows and clrear the trees out from the bottom on king tut to make that one big run for a park.. and have birches just run straight into Laurel Glade making that a long beginner trail.. and then have a sick park on Tut/Meadows and have a park pass ordeal goin on.. then use rhodo for the smaller beginner park..

i like that idea alot.. i also like the make nile a park idea too haha

the problem with medows is that it isn't steep at all and with the way cb sets up jumps u will need to bomb the whole trail in order to clear one of the jumps they build wihtout thinking about first

Nile Mile is too curvy

it has nice pitch for some nice kickers tho and it does have some good spots for lots of rails

i thought they could have made nile mile a nice park when i was there this year....i mean the two parks they have are really short but with nile mile it would be a nice long park, that they could put a bunch of features on....but seeing the other two parks it wouldnt have that much stuff on it

well, the rainbow box was useless. but i will say that c box was awesome. its was constructed well, set up perfect (ollie on :rock)

once your parks start to look something like out west, youre onto something...

1143394850timbeavercreek.jpg

^Beaver Creek, i was amazed at the similarities. they look exactly the same.

i thought camelback's c-box was terribly set up, i definetly like bear creek's superman c-box a ton more than camelbacks

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe CB should also run a water slide through the winter and they could call it "Nipple Erector" and it would be the most extreme thing in the poconos.... :rofl

I also think that CB should do whatever else it takes to bring in some attractive 20-something females.... that could work.... whatever the cost... they need to make it happen. I mean, Zonked is never there, and Skimom is taken, so I think I need someone to :drool over.

:rock

I read recently that tickets were 370k for summer (SAM) and 300k for winter at CB 04/05 (Davey) - Don't expect many winter improvements for CB with that trend.

Obviously the summer water park is a big draw, but it's been my experience that MOST businesses are always looking for something to "grow the business". I think it's more important to ask: "How does the 300k for winter 04/05 compare to 03/04 and also to 05/06? Did the improvements that were made increase the draw?" Also, they'll have to factor in any effect from Lone Wolf. It has been my understanding that in the past, C'back never made winter improvements without having the money to do it up front. I'll bet any major trail additions ae still a few years away :(

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe that will change, an entrepreneur now owns the place instead of a lawyer.

Perhaps an entrepreneur will be better at getting improvements done faster, but I don't want to see a big jump in ticket prices to pay for improvements before the season begins or have the place go belly-up for being too far in debt.

• 2 weeks later...

but i will say that c box was awesome. its was constructed well, set up perfect (ollie on :rock)

I thought the cbox was HORRIBLE! Absolutly horrible. Atleast all the times i was there it was setup terrible. And I agree on the rainbow box ...useless. I actually didnt like anything in the rhodo park. The wall wasnt good. None of the boxes were nice, the jumps were better at laural.

my 2 cents

I thought the cbox was HORRIBLE! Absolutly horrible. Atleast all the times i was there it was setup terrible. And I agree on the rainbow box ...useless. I actually didnt like anything in the rhodo park. The wall wasnt good. None of the boxes were nice, the jumps were better at laural.

my 2 cents

exactly how i felt...

i thought they could have made nile mile a nice park when i was there this year....i mean the two parks they have are really short but with nile mile it would be a nice long park, that they could put a bunch of features on....but seeing the other two parks it wouldnt have that much stuff on it

i thought camelback's c-box was terribly set up, i definetly like bear creek's superman c-box a ton more than camelbacks

my 2 cents

Yeah, i didn't really like that "C-Box" More like a C + Rainbow = C-bow. It was so stupid. I like a c box where you can feel the g forces :rock (and for the record, Cback's wasn't like that)

Though it has been bashed a lot, and i have bashed it- the wallride wasn't really too bad. i liked it anyway, but it still has its issues.

The c box wasnt that good but the gap-on was good. The rainbow box is gay, just like Montages and JFBB's, better if they were more mellower

What gap? :no

Edited by stevo