Letters sent in

Rob

i sent this etter regarding the park pass to blue moinatin...

Dennis Krell Sr.,

I am a snowboarder and own a season pass to your ski resort and would like to offer my opinion on the "Park Pass". Now, me being an avid snowboarder know the "park etiquette" and use it at all times. However many other skiers and rider do not, I have done some research and notice that you do not give snowboard lessons to anyone under the age of seven, so if they are just learning how to ride when the turn seven, why do they belong I the park. On the other hand, a couple of children have siblings, or a private instructor teaches them before the recommended seven. So I would suggest that a short multiple answer questionnaires to be filled out before anyone receives the park pass i.e.

PARK PASS TEST

1. How do you enter the park?

a. Go whenever you want b. wait and call your drop c. don't stop and proceed right through to the park

2. What doesn't belong here..?

a. Check your landing before using a terrain piece b. wait for the terrain to clear before approaching it c. sit on the landing of an obstacle d. cal your drop

And other questions similar to the above...

My reason for the park pass is simple SAFETY, I Can testify numerous accounts of improper park etiquette, one being a young child wedging up a jump stopping at the top and slowly proceeding down the landing, this is dangerous because if the child is going that slow they can appear to be gone yet still out of the landing, making it impossible to tell if the person is still there. Another incident that I saw with my own eyes was a child sitting on the right kicker (right after the rainbow rail) while his father retied his boot, a snowboarder came around the corner and went off the jump, nearly missing the child. I'm not saying it's the child's fault or the snowboarders, but they were literally inches apart.

As for the price, it would have to be discussed among you but I recommend 5dollars for a one day pass, and 30 for an all season pass, my reason being that the one day person will be less likely from buying the park pass, and that is good because only locals or people wiling to pay that to ride the park really deserve to be there, not people just wanting to take a stroll through, that is what the lower park is for.

Thank you for reading this and I hope I have helped out the Blue Mountain community. Please take my ideas into consideration for the 06-07 season, I know you are going through many changes this summer and I feel this would be a finishing touch.

Sincerely,

Rob Lewis

what you guys think??? :wiggle:rock good job no? :rock

As for the price, it would have to be discussed among you but I recommend 5dollars for a one day pass, and 30 for an all season pass, my reason being that the one day person will be less likely from buying the park pass, and that is good because only locals or people wiling to pay that to ride the park really deserve to be there, not people just wanting to take a stroll through, that is what the lower park is for.

just my opinion but i think the mountain would see that as loosing money. maybe it should have been worded better. i'm not a park rat, and before coming to this board i knew nothing about park etiqutte. i agree something has to be done. good letter over all

Good idea Rob, but the price is quite cheap dude.. I would pay at least $125 for the season and maybe like 10$ for the whole day.

not sure, but you might be missing the point... i would assume the cost of the park pass would be in addition to a regular lift ticket or season pass. an extra $125 added on to my season pass is a hefty chunk of change. the idea isnt to make it too expensive for people to buy and control crowds that way; its more of an education for the people who are serious and an inconvenience for the people who shouldnt be there anyway. stratton's is free and it works rather well.

just my opinion but i think the mountain would see that as loosing money. maybe it should have been worded better. i'm not a park rat, and before coming to this board i knew nothing about park etiqutte. i agree something has to be done. good letter over all

:werd

take the stuff about only locals being allowed in...

Good idea Rob, but the price is quite cheap dude.. I would pay at least $125 for the season and maybe like 10$ for the whole day.

WTF? No offense steve, but that has to be the dumbest idea i've ever heard of! (even dumber than black diamond passes) They should do it like MC. 5 bucks for an all season pass, for anyone.

EDIT: Oh, whoops. I thought you were saying that the passes SHOULD cost that much. My bad.

i filled out a few of those suggestion forms at blue. just wrote "park passes" real big on them. that'll get the point across :lol:

Haha, no you didn't! Or did you do it when dale and you went in :confused

I'm sending Ray Tuthill a thank you note...considering the above normal winter time temperatures..Blue mountain did a great job with snowmaking..I only have compliments for the Booter..next season I want to do more Nastar.. :rock

Oh yeah, i'm gonna be sure to throw in mucho compliments. If anyone's sending in a letter, compliment them like crazy, they deserve more than just park pass propositions!

Edited by stevo

alright the hole quiz thing is not that great of an idea.. at MC you have to fill out a wavier and pay 5 bucks for a park pass for the SEASON! haha your prices are soo out there.. but anywho while signing it out theres a video playing constantly all day talking about park saftey.. and honestly creeks park is probably the best when it comes to safe riding.. no one sits on landings, no one really cuts anyone off unless they are true Jersey Trash.. but seriously just from that creek has such a safe park.. not to mention sick park

im sure a mountain like blue mountain knows all the dangers of kids entering the park before they learn. thats the whole point of them having signs and warnings of blue mountain not being responsible for injuries.

there is 0% chance that blue mountain will implement a park pass in our lifetime because it will just be added costs for them. if you hate the park filled with kids and inexperienced people at blue mountain, go to a park mountain like bear creek or mountain creek. theyre not going to chance the way they do business just for the park enthusiast. they would stand to lose so much revenue if they implemented your idea.

im sure a mountain like blue mountain knows all the dangers of kids entering the park before they learn. thats the whole point of them having signs and warnings of blue mountain not being responsible for injuries.

there is 0% chance that blue mountain will implement a park pass in our lifetime because it will just be added costs for them. if you hate the park filled with kids and inexperienced people at blue mountain, go to a park mountain like bear creek or mountain creek. theyre not going to chance the way they do business just for the park enthusiast. they would stand to lose so much revenue if they implemented your idea.

Im sorry, but i dont blame you for being stupid.

Edited by Sean

obviously you havent been to bear creek recently, have you? their park is just as bad, sometimes even worse, than blue's as far as people being in the park who shouldnt be.

obviously you havent been to bear creek recently, have you? their park is just as bad, sometimes even worse, than blue's as far as people being in the park who shouldnt be.

haha yea Bear Creek is defintly worse when it comes to people who shouldnt be there. I remember this one time this little kid tried hitting the 420 box and he had enough speed to get on it but not enough speed to ride off it so he was stuck, and he didnt even try to bail he just kep jumping forward, took him about 10 minutes for him to finally jump off.

Apparently you did not visit Blue this season... I am as stoked about Blue for next year as PapaSteeze is about Bear!

• 3 months later...