Pictures From The Sierras

sethsev7n

First thanks to Jeff for telling me about this place, and second im impressed on a job well done, so props. Maybe some of you know, but in any case, im in california and i just wanted to share some pictures from my times at kirkwood, squaw, mammoth, and Northstar this year. I am in the first two pictures, and Anthony Boronowski is in the picture before last.

7.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

haha it was me that told you bout the board, (I try and get everyone over there to come here).

Anyway sweet pics. The one of the steep trail and the one of the dude jumping off the rocks..>Good stuff

Yeah dave and another friend of ours came out for the first couple days of spring break just to hang out for a few days..

The 4th picture is from Mammoth.. and thats probably one of the steepest lines ive ever skiied yet.. that part was nuts. The guy, i forgot his name, but him and a few of his friends were all mogul skiers.. I think he actually does live in Colorado.. why does he look familiar sibhusky? And lol yeah he lived.. 2 of the guys in our group straighlined the whole thing :blink: I guess thats why they were pros.. pretty nuts.

Sib that is Snowbird....(not sure if you have been there), but you get off the tram ski down the backside a little, hang a right, and thats how you can get the pic. The skiing of were the pic was aiming is pretty freaking nice too :yes

Yes, I was there one day. Unfortunately, the day I was there every time I got to the top of the tram, even if the sky was blue at the bottom, it was socked-in whiteout at the top. Add to that a lot of rude snowboarders and I didn't have a good day. Decided to stay with Alta.

Yes, I was there one day.  Unfortunately, the day I was there every time I got to the top of the tram, even if the sky was blue at the bottom, it was socked-in whiteout at the top.  Add to that a lot of rude snowboarders and I didn't have a good day.  Decided to stay with Alta.

:rock

alta does rock...we got quite a bit of snow when i flew out for the day...simply the best skiing in the US :wiggle

Well all I can say is I don't recall having many issues with them at any area. Mmmmm Lots of acers, not lots of people

Edit:

Also it seems like the boarders out there (and skiers) know what there doing, or they stay on the bunny slopes. Cause there are some lifts you don't want to get to the top of and only know how to snowplow ;)

Edited by skidude

The snow quality is best at Alta too. They have an optimal combination of lake effect and altitude. (plus no snowboards to scrape snow off groomed trails).

The side of snowbird that abuts Alta is a pretty close second. They managed to have powder after a week of 70 degree weather. How? Beats me, but they had it.

The snow quality is best at Alta too.  They have an optimal combination of lake effect and altitude.  (plus no snowboards to scrape snow off groomed trails). 

The side of snowbird that abuts Alta is a pretty close second.  They managed to have powder after a week of 70 degree weather.  How?  Beats me, but they had it.

Alta is the best powder skiing in the US. Ya really can't argue with that. I will be making the trip up to Whistler next year w/ my friends to do a little skiing... :D

'Dude, I think it just SEEMS like people know what they are doing out West, but it's just an illusion of space. At CB, there are 347 skiers/boarders per square inch; out in Utah, there are 3 per square mile. Well, give or take.

Take a look at Marjie's on a busy Saturday at 11am...picture that many people coating a slope at A Basin. It would look utterly ridiculous. You'd have to be insane to jump into that mess.