Whos getting new gear over the summer?

ColoradoHigh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think the 161 will be fine?

I have a NS Evo for the park and love it, there are durable, nohting wrong with the base after a year of beating it sown in BC's park. They are also made in the USA which is a plus and come with a 3 year warranty. I was looking at a couple other boards though, Ride Prophet 163 and Atomic Alibi 163 for my freeride board.

your on snowboard.com right, you should know elsnowboardo swears by the alibi's, they are "bulletproof", but anyway, 161 sounds good

I won't be riding park with this board, I have a NS Evo 155 for that which I mainly use at BC since its such a small resort and the park is really the only thing there. The 158 I plan on getting will be used as an all mountain board for resorts like Blue, Elk etc. when I fell like cruising and doing a lap or two in the park. The 161 or 163 will be used just to freeride, no park, when I head to Vermont a few times a year and out west for a week or so. I think I might be beter of with the 161, good for the trees in Vt. but still should float me okay out west.

Ok, well with that in mind, maybe the 163 makes more sense. I guess it depends if you are bringing multiple boards out west. The 161 will be a little more on the versatile side of things, but not by much. I just checked out their website and they don't really provide weight/length information. Since you want it to be a mountain board I would say go for the 163, and if you are gonna spend a day in really tight technical trees, bring out the 158.