Whos getting new gear over the summer?

ColoradoHigh

I know a kid who has gone through like (mike, correct me if i'm wrong) 6 dominants- he just keeps breaking them. Not a strong selling point :no But anyway, i'm not really big on the burton name. I'm really not that impressed/motivated by their products. Maybe it's because people automatically associate snowboarding with the burton name.

Oh I'm the same way. I dont like their products eaither. But you cant just go all apeshit on burton, they have been in the game too long.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add to the binding debate:

Some previous posts have trashed Technine bindings, I have some and love them. They have done two seasons ( 60+ days and half a million vertical feet) with only one capstrap bolt coming loose which I probably should have checked. (also their warranty / support line was great)

When I got my new board (Ride) I got Ride bindings to go with it (SPi's) used them 3 or 4 times before transplanting my T9's onto the new board. Despite the fact I have Ride boots, they fit better in the T9 bindings (go figure :confused ). I did like the "convertible" strap on the Rides though, they felt as comfortable as the T9 cap's without looking so bulky. I can't quite put my finger on where the Rides were really lacking but once or twice while chopping through moguls it felt very loose on my back foot no matter how much you cranked the strap down.

I've never owned burton boards or bindings, I am sure they are great, but they seem expensive and maybe you dont always get what you pay for.....

Back to the original topic:

A new helmet for me this year after a good whack on some rocks at CB at the end of the season.

The rest of my money will be going on a season pass (CB) and lots of trips away (VT and out west as much as possible)

and he list goes on...

- new invaders because mine blew up this year

- prophet 90s to replace the 4FRNTs that snapped

- new a frames to replace the ones that got stolen

- new coat and pants, but i'm not sure what kind yet

- i also need a bunch of new ski socks, mine all have holes in them

what model technines did u have

hopefully the mfm solos cuz thats what im looking to get, i dont care about u people bashing them tho, cuz they come with a lifetime warranty, so what do i have to worry about, haha

Edited by Oakley21

what model technines did u have

Dominator pro's (Justin Hebbel model in orange/black/white)

hopefully the mfm solos cuz thats what im looking to get, i dont care about u people bashing them tho, cuz they come with a lifetime warranty, so what do i have to worry about, haha

The solo's are a bit of a "base" model, with some of the "pro" features and "MFM" slapped all over them.

If you have a little extra cash look for the "team"s or the "dominators", they have more adjustment and higher spec parts. There are plently of places selling last years models very cheaply, go to ebay.

Must suck to have big feet

Yes it does. ...Well actually- now that i got risers, i can ride pretty much any board (to a degree)

What size boot do you have TP4? I've got a 12 and I think I'm stuck with a wide, but if you can pull off a midwide maybe there is hope.

I had 12s with a wide board- that worked fine. I got risers this year with a "normal-width" board, and i think i may be able to pull it off without them. ...and i'm gonna try next year.

I picked up last years (05-06) Jeenyus Rental. My wish list at the moment includes...

Bindings

Gloves

Snowpants

Helmet

Goggles

Boots

So pretty much everything but thermals and a jacket I'm looking to replace. I'm pretty much looking for BARGAIN pricing though . As I can make do with my current gear (except glvoes) until something finacially worth while comes along.

that Jeenyus Rental will be nice! :rock

It's leening against my bedroom wall (within eyeshot at the moment). It hasn't touched a pair of bindings yet. I'll probobly buy a pair from my brother for super cheap, and just use those for the Rental. I know as soon as the bindings go on I'll be messing around on the carpet for at least a half hour.

... I can't wait to get it on the snow!

Do most of you ride with backpacks? Camelbacks? I think a Camelback would be great. I used to ski with a water bottle in my jacket but hate the extra bulk. I've eaten way more Booter mountain snow than I care to admit....sometimes behind PASRs on mo-fo twin-tips. It would be cool to get a pair of wider twin tips like the Public Enemy..179s would be awesome for me. Do you guys use lifters on park skis?

Camelback came out with some ski specific backpacks this season, including one that you could carry a pair of skis with for those days where you're taking short hikes into the backcountry. The ski carrying one received decent reviews. People said it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst, basically they were glad to finally see something from Camelback. The main complaint was that the straps seemed of lower quality than packs of a similar function and price range.

Twin-tips are a bitch to ski behind, but it depends on which model. Some are way worse than others...

I don't speak for everyone, but for the most part we don't use lifters on a park ski. We want the boot fairly close to the ski so there is a little more control over the base on rails. It is also a bit more stable when landing jumps and stuff. I do use a mild lifter on my big mountain twin, as it is my powder/huge GS turn ski. Follow me when I'm on those and you'll wish you were dead.

look into the dc park book i have them and they look like a size 8 or 9 but really they are a 12. plus reall comfy and great in the park

You drop 1 (one) boot size thanks to the lack of an inner liner. Not worth it, IMO, there's way better ways to shave off size when it comes to boots.

Can someone please explain how riding behind these is bad? I'm not a skier so i dont know what you are talking about. :)

You get roosted.

if your trying to get into a smaller sized boot, first of all, go into a shop that knows what they are doing and get measured to make sure you are in the right size boot. in the ski shop at least, i get people coming in all the time saying they need a size 13 or 14 boot, when in reality, they fit perfectly into a 10 or 11. i'm not saying this is definately your case, as some people really do have feet that big, but its a possibility. other than that, check out the salomon f boot. same concept as what you're saying the dc boot has, i think. the liner ends after the ankle pocket, so the boot is a lot less bulky and gives you a smaller boot in the same size.

and doug, if you're looking for an all mtn twin, you definately picked the right ski. the PE can rip all over the mountain. obviously its not gonna hold on the ice like you're used to with your atomics, but it skis arguably better around here than any other twin i've been on, except the nordica supercharger; definately check them out too. they ski like the nordica hot rod nitrous, if you've ever tryed them out, but with a twin tip to play around in the park and let you out of a turn in softer snow a little easier. either ski would also make a decent pow ski for you if you ever get to chili...

i said i would never by a pair of dc boots in my life and after my forums laces broke and they started to hurt my feet i decide to try out a pair of dc's and i rode them for a day because my friend had an old pair that he didnt use anymore he et me borrow them and i loved them. so i went on ebay looked for a decent pair of dc boots and found a pair od ltd edition dc mtn lab park boots for 100 bucks i jumped all over them. they are the best pair of boots i have own and i will always buy dc from now on.

i have no idea what you are talking about

im going to tell u from expernice dont get behide twintippers u get all the snow that the tails kick up in ur face and it sucks becuase it hurts and u cant see. whenever i ride with justin and john i always ride in front of them so i dont get the rooster tails from there skis

Edited by tretiak

and doug, if you're looking for an all mtn twin, you definately picked the right ski. the PE can rip all over the mountain. obviously its not gonna hold on the ice like you're used to with your atomics, but it skis arguably better around here than any other twin i've been on, except the nordica supercharger; definately check them out too. they ski like the nordica hot rod nitrous, if you've ever tryed them out, but with a twin tip to play around in the park and let you out of a turn in softer snow a little easier. either ski would also make a decent pow ski for you if you ever get to chili...

Justo - if you can step into them - you have to try my Karmas. they are so under the radar, trust me.