Whos getting new gear over the summer?

ColoradoHigh

I go antiquing sometimes too!

Lucky for me that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. I, on the other hand, paid $50 ($61.03 delivered) for brand new boots that retail for $650 and retained a feature that one newer generation didn't have.

Some people buy what's shoved at them by ski shops every year.

Some people buy what's best.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the new gear I got over the last few days, courtesy of our wonderful sponsors at High Cascade

bag16wf.jpg

bag20sb.jpg

gloves10io.jpg

gloves29fq.jpg

You can't really tell from the photos, but the palms have "hi" or "bye" printed in a bunch of different languages.

shoes1gp.jpg

They gave us pairs of Black/Grey Rowley XL IIIs but I traded them for these slip-ons at the Vans outlet.

here's the new gear I got over the last few days, courtesy of our wonderful sponsors at High Cascade

bag16wf.jpg

bag20sb.jpg

gloves10io.jpg

gloves29fq.jpg

You can't really tell from the photos, but the palms have "hi" or "bye" printed in a bunch of different languages.

shoes1gp.jpg

They gave us pairs of Black/Grey Rowley XL IIIs but I traded them for these slip-ons at the Vans outlet.

i like the backpack and gloves, your lucky, you get to snowboard all summer

if your trying to get into a smaller sized boot, first of all, go into a shop that knows what they are doing and get measured to make sure you are in the right size boot. in the ski shop at least, i get people coming in all the time saying they need a size 13 or 14 boot, when in reality, they fit perfectly into a 10 or 11. i'm not saying this is definately your case, as some people really do have feet that big, but its a possibility. other than that, check out the salomon f boot. same concept as what you're saying the dc boot has, i think. the liner ends after the ankle pocket, so the boot is a lot less bulky and gives you a smaller boot in the same size.

and doug, if you're looking for an all mtn twin, you definately picked the right ski. the PE can rip all over the mountain. obviously its not gonna hold on the ice like you're used to with your atomics, but it skis arguably better around here than any other twin i've been on, except the nordica supercharger; definately check them out too. they ski like the nordica hot rod nitrous, if you've ever tryed them out, but with a twin tip to play around in the park and let you out of a turn in softer snow a little easier. either ski would also make a decent pow ski for you if you ever get to chili...

I have a pair of 32s, size 12. In a normal shoe, i'm anywhere from 11.5 to 12, depending on the shoe. My question for you: Do you think that i would be able to get a new pair of sz 11s, and have them molded to my feet,(all 32s are heat moldable) to get a somewhat smaller footprint? My 12s packed out alot from wearing big socks, so i'm just curious as to how much more a sz 11 would pack out, but with heat. :confused

I have a pair of 32s, size 12. In a normal shoe, i'm anywhere from 11.5 to 12, depending on the shoe. My question for you: Do you think that i would be able to get a new pair of sz 11s, and have them molded to my feet,(all 32s are heat moldable) to get a somewhat smaller footprint? My 12s packed out alot from wearing big socks, so i'm just curious as to how much more a sz 11 would pack out, but with heat. :confused

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get away with fitting into a heat-molded 11. I'd say go to the shop, tell them what you want to do and make sure that they fit before you pay.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get away with fitting into a heat-molded 11. I'd say go to the shop, tell them what you want to do and make sure that they fit before you pay.

Well, that would be best case secnario. BUT- no shops around here carry 32 boots. The one shop that does is a skate shop (amateur athlete), and they certainly don't mold them. If i get them, it's gonna be mailorder/online. So i just wanna make sure. I think it's gonna be 10.5s (err, maybe not) or 11s. The same boots i have now, just smaller and newer.

Justo - if you can step into them - you have to try my Karmas. they are so under the radar, trust me.

I was sooo stoked on my Karmas until they were drilled through and I never got to ski them. Now that situation just brings back such bad memories I don't think I'll ever get a pair.

a lack of core shops around here :banghead

Who cares!?!? I get much better deals online! My keyboard fit me up pretty well last time I bought some boots. But when I got some blisters and I went to my local ski shop to have work done, they were such dicks when I talked about how good a deal I got on my boots. What the fuck is their deal?!? No wonder there are no good shops anymore, they are all just dicks now...

i'm not gonna get into the shop vs internet crap again, cause its been beaten to death, but there are knowledgeable sales staff at some of the shops around here. the guys at the ski bum helped us out a lot, gave me some good info on wetsuits and therefore i got one from them instead of online. making connections with shop employees never hurts. it got me a pair of skis to use in whistler for free after i broke mine. and about the 32 boots, we dont carry them anymore, i dont think, but i dont really know our entire snowboard stock. if you do end up getting them at amateur or online, you're more than welcome to bring them in and we can heat mold them for you and press out the toe box if you really want to go for a shorter boot, but i can't make any promises on cost for that; since they wouldnt have been bought from us, they aren't covered under the boot fit garantee. it really wouldnt hurt you to come into the shop and try on what we have though, you might like the salomons i mentioned, and you get a bootfit garantee with them, so if anything needs to be tweaked, its free of charge (except custom footbeds).

i get my stuff online, but i think it would be easier to go to a shop where u can try stuff on and talk to knowledgable salespeople

.......That's a best case scenario- sucks when the shop doesn't sell what you want......... :banghead

i'm not gonna get into the shop vs internet crap again, cause its been beaten to death, but there are knowledgeable sales staff at some of the shops around here. the guys at the ski bum helped us out a lot, gave me some good info on wetsuits and therefore i got one from them instead of online. making connections with shop employees never hurts. it got me a pair of skis to use in whistler for free after i broke mine. and about the 32 boots, we dont carry them anymore, i dont think, but i dont really know our entire snowboard stock. if you do end up getting them at amateur or online, you're more than welcome to bring them in and we can heat mold them for you and press out the toe box if you really want to go for a shorter boot, but i can't make any promises on cost for that; since they wouldnt have been bought from us, they aren't covered under the boot fit garantee. it really wouldnt hurt you to come into the shop and try on what we have though, you might like the salomons i mentioned, and you get a bootfit garantee with them, so if anything needs to be tweaked, its free of charge (except custom footbeds).

If you're talking about nestors, then no- they don't carry them. I'm so set on 32s though, i don't think i'd ever get anything else (at least not in the near future). I don't care how much it costs for the work though. If i get new boots, i'm coming to nestors. :rock

If you're talking about nestors, then no- they don't carry them. I'm so set on 32s though, i don't think i'd ever get anything else (at least not in the near future). I don't care how much it costs for the work though. If i get new boots, i'm coming to nestors. :rock

if you know what you want, and 32 works best for you, then by all means go that route. i'm glad you're not one of the kids that will be pissed when they find out it actually costs money to get custom work done to your boots. good luck with finding a pair though. talk to larry for your boot work when you come in.

i think im getting a pair of cheaper 32's as my next boots,the 32 exus's, i'd get a nicer pair but im not gonna have a ton of $$ to spend on them due to car/gas funds, but hey they are still 32s

Edited by Oakley21

ok i have a question for whoever wants to answer it. im lookin 2 get some snowboard boots jst for like park crew type work during comps and suck (ski boots suck diring theese times). I want a pair that is mad cheap has and is as unstiff as possible. i will NOT board in um its just for doin park crew as i said.

ok i have a question for whoever wants to answer it. im lookin 2 get some snowboard boots jst for like park crew type work during comps and suck (ski boots suck diring theese times). I want a pair that is mad cheap has and is as unstiff as possible. i will NOT board in um its just for doin park crew as i said.

Look for an older pair of Airwalks before they stopped makin em. Best snowboots I ever had. Sucked at boarding though...

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why not just pick up a pair of regular snow boots then. They won't be stiff, they will keep you warm, and they won't cost near as much. Plus they are designed for what you want to do, romp around in the snow, and shovel and stand there looking useful.

Army Navy Store...that's where I'm getting a pair of twin-tips because they have some really good deals...I'm going to get my skis tuned at Sports Authority.. :rock

You are paying someone to tune your skis? I'll do it if I see you this summer/fall.