06/07 website updated

... if we could guarentee that enough people (who did not have season passes to that mountain) would show up to fit the requirements for group rates we would. Even then... I personally don't have the money to spot X number tickets, to wait for people who don't show up on time, or any number of other problems. Attendance, and meeting as a group first, if we can get people to show up, we can start to talk about group rates.

Two things:

It generally takes 15 guaranteed people in a group to get the group discount. Most mountains are very helpful when you call about group discounts; it's a deal they like and will usually make sure there's minimal hassles. The big issue, as Glenn says, is the 15 people. Anyone wanting to be the organizer gets a great deal, with free lifts ticket and food vouchers. At CB, group members get an open to close ticket for $36 on weekends (worth $55, otherwise). A midweek group ticket is $26 for open to close, while it's $41 at the window for a day pass, or $48 for open to close.

I can't imagine PASR won't eventually come up with an offer from a frugal skier/boarder with a credit card that is willing to do a little phone work in exchange for free skiing.

At Sno Mountain, the group leader skis for free. Ticket prices for the group are $31, instead of $45 on weekends; $23 instead of $34 during the week.

We are STUPID not to use our power of numbers.

And I also really like the idea of making PASR days at hills we don't normally ski. That's one of the great things about racing...your forced to go to places like Plattekill that you might just skip otherwise.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to always catch first lift, and the last :P

Does anyone remember METZ he came to mountain creek with a car load of really sic swag for a pasr day. no one showed. the only people that were at the other pasr days were the people with season tickets to that particular mountain. the pasr day schedule was posted in early december last year and appeared on the calendar. I don't believe this site is large enough for any significant turnout unless it is a singular event well touted.

I know that my clan will be all over the place next season with competitions and training taking precedence.

my parents regularly ski that early. they are usually at the mountain by 9 and out before 1. no lift lines that early, so they get their runs in on uncrowded slopes before the school kids get there.

^i ski that early. 8-10 sometimes

Bob and I always ski open to noonish on the weekends. We don't like the crowds or the slush. Fresh groomed trails are da bomb...to quote Bob.

Season Passholders having to get in line for a ticket everyday they ski is the biggest pile of cheese and dookie ever and I hope for the sake of the passholders that this doesn't go into affect....what other ski areas do this...will the season passholder lines open before the lifts? They should have ticket checkers at all the lifts .....Heather at BB/JF PASRs are pissed....I'd be pissed if booter mountain did this....I hope you guys lose tons of revenue and go bankrupt an get bought out by a ski area that treats their season passholders as preferred customrs.

The passholder lines better open early, but I doubt that they will because nobody is listening to us. I've even called, and was told that these changes were going to go into effect. Even emails have gone unanswered. They don't seem to realize, or are ignorant, to the fact that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Makes me wonder if this isn't just a way to track how many times pass holders use their pass, so they know how much to charge next year. Heck, I wonder if it will flag when you reach the amount that you paid for the pass. I'm starting to think about it this way, it might be worth getting a pass because it might be an empty mountain.

Edited by bigdaddyk

im ok with everything now...its just a big change...but i guess it just benifits the mountains so im all for it. but now i dont even care about the changes i just wanna ski....but my question is when are you guys looking to open? i cant wait i just got new ski pants and everything haha im up in new hampshire right now and we drive by attitash and cranmore and everything like every day and tuck's ravine and i need to ski so bad.

yup.

but yea when's jf gonna open?

ps. im sooooo stoked to see the park at JF ahh i cant wait

Edited by guts.

im ok with everything now...its just a big change...but i guess it just benifits the mountains so im all for it. but now i dont even care about the changes i just wanna ski....but my question is when are you guys looking to open? i cant wait i just got new ski pants and everything haha im up in new hampshire right now and we drive by attitash and cranmore and everything like every day and tuck's ravine and i need to ski so bad.

yup.

but yea when's jf gonna open?

ps. im sooooo stoked to see the park at JF ahh i cant wait

How was Megan's post edited by guts?

And, Megan, you get the award for earliest 'when's it gonna open' question...it was chilly last night, but the 10 day forecast doesn't look good.

Thanks, Glenn, I guess there's an answer for everything except why Megan wanted to be known as guts.

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself, but didn't want to be rude. Kind of weird to think about manners on the internet...

i think you mean boulder park. let just say ive heard some rumors and one thing i know for sure is a 100ft flat rail.

um. no. haha. i meant JF but dont get me wrong im stoked for BB's park too

And, Megan, you get the award for earliest 'when's it gonna open' question...it was chilly last night, but the 10 day forecast doesn't look good.

hahaha..ahhh you have no idea how anxious i am.. in fact i'm wearing ski pants right now :D jea! so stoked.

Thanks, Glenn, I guess there's an answer for everything except why Megan wanted to be known as guts.

hahaha yea....about that haha.. my friend jackie (the infamous 12 year old chick ripping up the park; aka jackie on pasr) decided that i should be called guts this winter after i tore my knee up. so i was guts on here for a while..

^yea...

im really stoked about this though:

whats new:

Snowmaking

150 SMI guns

9 pumps between the 2 areas

5 terrain parks with 30 new box & rail features

Pisten Bully Edge

10,000 feet of new snowmaking pipe

30 new park features.. JEA! ahh so stoked, so stoked.

Just got a generic response to the email

Dear Season Pass Holder:

Thank you for your comments pertaining to the 2006/07 Season Pass Program.

Jack Frost and Big Boulder Ski Areas have invested $6 million in capital improvements for the 2006/07winter season making it the most money invested in one season since Big Boulder opened in 1947. A complete list of the capital improvements is listed on our website, www.jfbb.com.

Since the greatest portion of our capital dollars were spent on improvements to snowmaking this has made our number one goal to open with more terrain and increased snow depth earlier than in years past. Our main focus is the snow coming first at Jack Frost and Big Boulder, with that in mind we are confident that enhanced snowmaking will give you a quality product into the latter days of March when other areas may be losing snow depth.

A new procedure this year at Jack Frost and Big Boulder will be for season pass holders to validate their pass at a ticket window upon arrival to the mountain. Our intent is to cut down on the misuse of season pass swapping and will ensure that all guests will be skiing/riding with a valid lift ticket. We realize how quickly you like to get on the hill, so to avoid any delay we will have a special season pass

I just checked out CB's site and they just ADDED a bunch of BENEFITS of getting a season pass :drool . Plus you don't have to wait in line for a ticket or pay $100 more to avoid the ticket line. I never thought I would say this, but it looks tempting to switch to CB :blink: .

Just got a generic response to the email

So I guess you have to wait in lines on the weekdays. Not that they should be especially bad, but it's more waiting than you would do if you had walk on access.

I sent an email and didn't get anything, and I am...err was (?) a season pass holder. It says about staying open into March. With all of the snow, they should stay open into April.

I fully understand that change is difficult., Bigdaddyk. ;)

Maybe changing mountains won't be difficult :lol .

Edited by bigdaddyk

This is the worst marketing idea ever done by any company i have ever seen. JFBB WILL go down for this and they damn well should. WORST IDEA EVER! Way to go PEAK, screw your most loyal customers. Ive got NEWS FOR YOU, there are plenty of other mountains in the poconos that people will go to. They will sell almost no season passes this year, and Peak resorts will go down. Hopefully next year, another company will take over, or better yet, blue ridge will take back control.

im glad i go to school in colorado now, $279 for unlimited, unrestricted skiing at keystone, breck, AND a-basin with 10 days at vail and beaver creak and no freakin pass validation

Jordan

Edited by jordanscheremeta

im glad i go to school in colorado now, $279 for unlimited, unrestricted skiing at keystone, breck, AND a-basin with 10 days at vail and beaver creak and no freakin pass validatidation

thats so sick, you are so lucky dude, have fun this season...take some pics and post them. What a deal...where are u going to school?