whistler edit

Justo8484

so i finally got motivated enough last night to sort through our second tape of footage from whistler, so i present you with two edits, the first done my by my brother who actually took time to edit it, the second done by me, in about 15 minutes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6840721878441066763

http://media.putfile.com/Whistler-Edit

enjoy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oly 1 kid was good,but his style was wack.

Ya I agree. They should hang em up.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Come ride with us this year.

That cornice was pretty big. Toast says 20, I think it was closer to 26.4. It woulda been alot easier to go much bigger with softer snow, but it was still mad fun.

Ya I agree. They should hang em up.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Come ride with us this year.

That cornice was pretty big. Toast says 20, I think it was closer to 26.4. It woulda been alot easier to go much bigger with softer snow, but it was still mad fun.

now that you mention it.. i think it was about 26.4

I think it was closer to 26.4.

Hah,

I wasn't poking fun. It's hard to get an idea of how big things are on film. When you are standing there, or dropping something it's totally different than seeing it on film. No need to go bigger, it was cool as is. Props!

Hah,

I wasn't poking fun. It's hard to get an idea of how big things are on film. When you are standing there, or dropping something it's totally different than seeing it on film. No need to go bigger, it was cool as is. Props!

Werd up to that. When we were spotting those on the edge it was a little scary for sure. It just felt a whole lot bigger than the 20 feet that John gave us. In terms of the style points that people are bringing up, it was a weird few days for all of us. We hadnt really skied in over a month, so getting back into it at full speed was kinda weird. You get into a groove during the season and then with a week or more off you just lose it. Then we got into a great park, and we were never really spot on with anything, so we mostly just enjoyed the late skiing and made the most of it. Now I can appreciate why the pros travel the hemispheres to keep on their skis.

I would highly recommend Whistler in May. Hopefully we will be able to do that trip again this year if they have another good base. Most of the runs were open, and there was even enough snow to ski down to midstation even though the bike park was due to open in a week. Whistler after May 1st becomes a bargain. No one is there because it is about 2 weeks after the big Telus festival, which sucks for the party scene, but for skiing its great. Their whole cafeteria becomes half off and there are deals to be had all over town. Due to the lack of normal shoppers people on holiday, we used the downtime to shoot the shit with shop employees. which garnered us great discounts and connections later in the week. Good times.

oly 1 kid was good,but his style was wack.

im pretty sure they were doing the same stuff you have in your sig...no offense dude, but i wanna see a video of you "throwing down" after a month and a half or whatever off of skiing.

And I thought they were all throwing down...They were all doing 540s and some with backwards take-offs...What do you want 1080s??? Sadly not one crotch-grab spread eagle.. :(

i threw a spread in there for ya doug. its in the second video, i have no idea why it doesnt work for most people but does for others. anyone have any experience with youtube that could help me out? and nick, kevin has more style in his busted ski boots than i've seen out of you.

and nick, kevin has more style in his busted ski boots than i've seen out of you.

oh snap! what now nick? haha jk, not trying to start anything.

Sadly not one crotch-grab spread eagle.. :(

i wish i could pull one of them on a snowboard...i might have to try it with only one foot in my bindings haha

Edited by Oakley21

nice, i had to turn the volume down becuase the music was all messed up, but the footage was fine. Anyone else have that problem?

AHHH haha yes and wow its kinda creepy its all choppy and loud hahaha

ahh so sick man, so sick though

i like the 2nd edit more

nicely done

i wanna ski

ahhh

but yeah the 2nd one (imo) is uber sweet

i wish i could do that