Bear Creek

skifreak

Has anyone ever really skied bear creek. I know 'dude has but he hasn't been around in awhile. I've only been there to do nastar but I never really skied the mountain before. I was wondering how it is because I was thinking about getting a sasquatch card incase I decide to do nastar again or if I decide blue is going to be too crowded on a certain day to go use my pass there.

Skifreak:

I had a night pass there last winter. It's inexpensive - $129 last year, but we didn't use it as much as planned. They closed their NASTAR early last season so I doubt we will get another night pass this year. Their snow quality is not the best, and you wouldn't go there for the "ski experience". There is one trail that presents a challenge, but it's frequently closed. They have weeknight NASTAR, which is why we went - it's fun, they have a terrific announcer and the line tends to be short. Their other plus is an excellent terrain park.

Chrisjur:

As far as I can tell, it's a hotel, pool, and new lodge and rental shop. I don't think they are updating their terrian park or their cra@@y snowmaking system. It will be interesting to see if their hotel draws a crowd.

Meanwhile, skidude and I will still go occasionally for NASTAR unless the cost of the new jazz drives the prices up too high.

Chrisjur:

As far as I can tell, it's a hotel, pool, and new lodge and rental shop.  I don't think they are updating their terrian park or their cra@@y snowmaking system.  It will be interesting to see if their hotel draws a crowd. 

Meanwhile, skidude and I will still go occasionally for NASTAR unless the cost of the new jazz drives the prices up too high.

i assume you have laz-e-pass (ezpass) and never think about tolls, cause i dont either, but they've really jacked them up....a midcounty-lehigh valley is well over $2 now :o . Tell skidude i'll give him a lift in the M5 :D I plan to do some weeknight NASTAR this winter, because i ski at blue on the weekends

Yeah I was just wondering because I have only been there to do nastar and have not really skied the entire mountain before. I'm usually there on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when they do nastar but last year I never got a chance to do nastar. Perhaps I will just go to blue and use my pass.

Bear creek isn't too bad, considering it has maybe a 500 ft drop. It has a few dimonds, and a few trails with jumps and stuff on them. If you don't want to do Nastar, then i wouldn't get a pass. There parks have some nice sized jumps in them, but they are maintained poorly.

• 2 months later...
Its like a camelcard but the first 8 hour ticket you buy is free and you get discounts off other tickets here is a link http://www.skibearcreek.com/rates/index.cfm

yea bc is putting 300k into the park this year... used on rails, now zuagg pipe cutter, new park bully park groomer, new wall ride, yurt 4 the top of the pipe, and professionally made boxes

um... bear sux 4 everything other than park and pipe cause its so small and has no vert... i would say none of the trals are hard at all concidering i can ski the entire mt switch

I got a pass to Bear this year, its the place to go if you ride park a lot, plus its so close. Boulder has a nice park as well but to far for riding during the week for me. I'm really interested to see how Bears pipe is going to be with the new cutter. I was going to get a pass to Blue but it is more expensive and there park is dangerous and groomed terrible all the time. I love the freeriding though and the high speed quad, wish some other areas would get new lifts(Elk, Bear, JF/BB). I'll have to go to Blue on Sunday nights when its cheap for some good freeriding cause Bear has none.

bear's park was definately the best in eastern pa last year. the park bully has a plow on the front instead of regular groomer that just has the rake part on the back. and yeah bear put something like $290 thousand into their park this year? sounds like a big improvement to me. the yurt is basically like a hut where you can chill, get out of the wind and cold for a few minutes to warm up.

Has anyone ever really skied bear creek. I know 'dude has but he hasn't been around in awhile. I've only been there to do nastar but I never really skied the mountain before. I was wondering how it is because I was thinking about getting a sasquatch card incase I decide to do nastar again or if I decide blue is going to be too crowded on a certain day to go use my pass there.

Uh Bear Creeks park is really nice

• 1 year later...

bear's park was definately the best in eastern pa last year. the park bully has a plow on the front instead of regular groomer that just has the rake part on the back. and yeah bear put something like $290 thousand into their park this year? sounds like a big improvement to me. the yurt is basically like a hut where you can chill, get out of the wind and cold for a few minutes to warm up.

i always thought that the yurt was only for employees...are u sure anyone is allowed to use them??