Vert Stats

Dave_S

It has been a while since I visited the board (you know the summer and all). It is amazing what you guys have done with this site! Since I now have a method to collect my statistics, I was wondering if you could help me in calculate the Vertical aspect of the collection. I do not have a device to measure this but I was wondering if anyone had some static statistics on Camelback as that is where I do most of my skiing. Also I was wondering how those statistics were captured so when I visit other mountains I can be sure to include those runs as well.

Just a thought, why don't we add some kind of page on here or even just a pinned thread with the vert numbers for all the lifts in the area. I'm sure between all of us on here we have exact numbers for every lift in the state.

Dave S. used to be over on the CB board, but not to be confused with Dave Kulik of CB employee fame or Davey J, also of employee fame. There was another active "Dave" who was not a CB employee and I think this is the one.

is this the infamous Dave S?

I have been called infamous before but I am sure you are looking for one of the other daves. I am not the J or K type. when I first got on the Camleback board i tried to use just Dave and it was taken so I coppied the other guys. sorry for the lack of imagination.

Hey and BTW thanks for the insight to the Vert count - this should be enough to get me started. NOw if only we could get started.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought, why don't we add some kind of page on here or even just a pinned thread with the vert numbers for all the lifts in the area. I'm sure between all of us on here we have exact numbers for every lift in the state.

You can find lift stats by year of installation at the following link:

http://www.skilifts.org/install_na.htm

You can find lift stats by year of installation at the following link:

http://www.skilifts.org/install_na.htm

That's a pretty interesting site, some interesting information:

Sullivan express (main quad by lodge at CB) only 671 ft

Stevenson (by cliffy) only 797 ft

Blue's main quad 1083 ft

Shawnee aparently had a 970 ft lift installed even though they only claim 700ft vertical :confused

Shawnee's Tomahawk quad 671 ft (same as CB's :lol: )

So it would seem for vert freaks that Blue is the clear choice. Now if only they could learn how to make "un-lumpy" snow and make the runs more interesting they'd be a clear winner.

So it would seem for vert freaks that Blue is the clear choice. Now if only they could learn how to make "un-lumpy" snow and make the runs more interesting they'd be a clear winner.

Yea, I know what you mean, since Camelback's runs last 1/2 of a Blue mtn run :banghead

But that's a great site, everything about ski lifts :rock

Blues runs uninteresting.... :o Switchback, Razors, Sidewinder, Lazy Mile, Paradise, Raceway, Chute, Burma Road....whatever you were smoking when you visited Blue you should have shared..

Hmmm where to start:

Burma road: interesting but full of (slow) traffic.

Paradise: flat, slow, full of idiots.

Raceway: 30 yards long

Chute? where is that?

Switchback, Lazy Mile and Razors were good

Sidewinder would have been OK if it wasn't full of park stuff :P

You forgot mainstreet ( good, but short) and Challenge (good but felt the same as razors)

Don't get me wrong, I really like riding at Blue and the new trail next year should make it even better.

I don't smoke.... :P