cb park updates

Shadows

• 3 weeks later...

The have pictures of the new zaugg on their website. I didn't know they were getting a zaugg. The good thing about them is they cut the pipe into a really smooth shape. They also do the originally shaping better. However they don't deal with ice as well as some others. It is one of those things that has to be done often too, and timing and quality of the groom is more important than what they use to do it.

Just wait until they get snow on it.

Therein lies the problem with pipes in PA... One has to devote so much money to snowmaking and grooming that for alot of areas it is not worth it. Without the backing of Intrawest Mountain Creek couldn't have done scratch. If you've ever been to Mt. Creek in the summer and walked around the pipe it is impressive as a dirt and rock structure alone. Rob has a better idea than me of what something like that might cost, but I know to put up the retaining walls and dirt like they did it ain't cheap.

The pics from Camelback don't show a whole lot of earth and stone structure, and no one in this area can rely on snow alone.

The pics from Camelback don't show a whole lot of earth and stone structure, and no one in this area can rely on snow alone.

That ditch at CB is a cut and fill that could be easily done in a couple of days with loader and dozer. ( they used an excavator) High end rates at ($125 x 8 x 2 x 2) + (40k x .25) for stabilization. add 25% of that number for remediation (removal of sediment trap and stabilization) That's a high side estimate.

What I don't understand about CB is that once they pulled the trigger on building that pipe, they somehow decided to really keep it really short. They had plenty more room to extend it. I guess thats CB (as I have been told) ................ They only do what they need to.

i noticed when i went up there was a huge mound at the bottom of the pipe haha, so you couldn't get out unless you rode down the deck. it looked like they were building a drainage ditch and just said "hey, this looks like a halfpipe"

haha... yeah that "huge mound" is the sediment trap used to control rain water run off from dumping mud down the hill side. That should be removed at some point.

thats old news. but honeslty, how good is a brand new state of the art pipe cutter when its being controlled by an idiot? dont take this the wrong way, im just saying. so they have a new cutter, its big, its gnarly, it can make some sick pipes. but i can have a brand new ferrari sittin outside my garage and not know jack about it. does it make me a good driver?

thats old news. but honeslty, how good is a brand new state of the art pipe cutter when its being controlled by an idiot? dont take this the wrong way, im just saying. so they have a new cutter, its big, its gnarly, it can make some sick pipes. but i can have a brand new ferrari sittin outside my garage and not know jack about it. does it make me a good driver?

nah, that'd make you a spoiled rotten bitch.

word........ It pisses me off to no end on why they won't answer some basic questions.... You should hear the way the park crew laments on how they wish that CB would send them to Cutters Camp.. Remember last year and the winch groomer? Did ANYONE. actually see that machine hooked up?

It's a shame, they have so much potential.

Rails%20on%2011-20b.jpg

Well, this isn't really what I wanted to see, but someone might be happy about this "advanced feature"

What is running through thier heads. What are they thinking. Does anyone besides me think that they must be really embarrasssed? I mean the park manager there must be either ready for hari kari or he is so out of touch that he actually believes in his park..