Elks new stuff?

nick

Ill be making a weekend trip up to elk this year with some people. Is there any word on improvements for the mountain? All the other mountains in PA are planning some bigggggg upgrades, does elk have anything new and cool this year?

elk has upgraded snowmaking by adding more powerful and efficient tower mount guns on 2 trails including the terrain park. they also regraded the terrain park at the top for a better start. as usual they planted more trees, re-paved the lot and put a brand new roof on the entire lodge. Hope they started making snow last night, hope to start skiing by mid-december. best skiable terrain in pa.

Ill be making a weekend trip up to elk this year with some people. Is there any word on improvements for the mountain? All the other mountains in PA are planning some bigggggg upgrades, does elk have anything new and cool this year?

hahahaha, I talked to the Marketing guy for Elk at the Washington DC expo for about 10 minutes. I have nver met a marketing guy with such a dry personality. I asked him a bazillion questions. He basically wasn't even aware that Elk had a park LOL!!! Never heard of PASR and couldn't tell me about any of the racing programs..

It was weird...

hahahaha, I talked to the Marketing guy for Elk at the Washington DC expo for about 10 minutes. I have nver met a marketing guy with such a dry personality. I asked him a bazillion questions. He basically wasn't even aware that Elk had a park LOL!!! Never heard of PASR and couldn't tell me about any of the racing programs..

It was weird...

We really don't have a presence at elk, so i can understand why he may have never heard of it.

We really don't have a presence at elk, so i can understand why he may have never heard of it.

Sounds like he was talking to a janitor at Shawnee instead of a marketing guy at Elk...but it made for a better story, or something. I guarantee everyone in marketing---and every other office at Elk---knows about it's race program.

The marketing department just brought in the US Ski Team for a slush race---including an Olympic Gold Medalist---and they've held PA Cup Finals there since anyone can remember. The marketing department was totally in charge of the web pages for the US Ski Team race camp.

Sounds like he was talking to a janitor at Shawnee instead of a marketing guy at Elk...but it made for a better story, or something. I guarantee everyone in marketing---and every other office at Elk---knows about it's race program.

Uhhh.. I'll have to get you his name so you can rip him a new one, for being such a slouch. He was hating life for being at that expo. Seem like he was acting as though he was being punished or something. Seriously.. He told me that "he was the marketing at Elk"

It makes little or no difference to me, one way or another. The guy was either new, lying to you about who he was, or forgot everything he'd learned while creating a separate webpage about the race team seven months earlier. There's even another possible answer, but I'm sure Greg would prefer me not to include it.

It makes little or no difference to me, one way or another. The guy was either new, lying to you about who he was, or forgot everything he'd learned while creating a separate webpage about the race team seven months earlier. There's even another possible answer, but I'm sure Greg would prefer me not to include it.

Is Papa ever correct about anything? You say I'm tough on people!

:ph34r:

Is it still that little run on the side of the other little run?

Its like BCs mini park in size and I was there in January and it still wasnt open.

no thats just the little park. it didnt even open last year and when it does open it has like 2 rails and thats it. the actual park is good...well better than the lil one