snowmaking?

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they blow enough snow so bears open for new years.

Won't happen, sorry. Two nights now; last night and tonight. Three nights after a three or four day warm spell next week, then maybe it will get colder after that. We'll be riding in January if the rain lets up a little bit.

Like I said somewhere else; they'll be open by Martin Luther King weekend unless the weather gets really really bad.

Won't happen, sorry. Two nights now; last night and tonight. Three nights after a three or four day warm spell next week, then maybe it will get colder after that. We'll be riding in January if the rain lets up a little bit.

Like I said somewhere else; they'll be open by Martin Luther King weekend unless the weather gets really really bad.

Yeah,seeing their conditions @ the moment,they wont be able to open for new years. Sadly

..adam..

got bad news guys, it isnt looking so good for the next WEEK!!!! have any mtns ever offered like money back because they were only open for a month, b/c i could sure use some bucks right now to help pay for all these freaking lift tickets to big boulder!!!!

got bad news guys, it isnt looking so good for the next WEEK!!!! have any mtns ever offered like money back because they were only open for a month, b/c i could sure use some bucks right now to help pay for all these freaking lift tickets to blue!!!!

+1

Dissapointing. Oh well, if I can at least get there 4 times the pass will be paid for.

:crymore:

We can only keep hoping that winter as we know it will eventually get here. I think by now, all the season pass holders have figured out exactly how many times we need to get on the slopes at BC to justify the purchase. We spent over $1000.00 for the family (bought prior to Oct. 31st). I can say this, we will not be purchasing early season passes next season, if we buy them at all. We will wait until BC is up and running and pay the extra $$. We all know BC can not do anything about the weather.

While most of the money is made from the day lift purchasers, I can assure BC that that the more mature season pass holders are also the people who eat there year round, and who bring their companies to the lodge for meetings, etc. Lose some of your season pass holders and lose alot of year round business.

I paid $275 for an unlimited pass. Tickets are how much these days? Like around $25 right? I'll need to go to Bear 11 times once they open to get my money's worth. If they open mid-January and close mid-March that'll give me two months or around 60 days. Meaning I've got to be there once every 6 days plus one extra day somewhere. No problem (unless Bear opens in February that is) and I'll easily get my money's worth.

Remember kids, It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

If it ever gets real cold...I bet Bear Creek will blow enough snow so they can stay open into April like they wanted to do last year as a Thank You to their loyal passholders.

Lets sure hope so, that would be really nice of them, plus i think if they dont do that, like alot of people are saying their going to lose alot of season pass business......

i think everyone wants bear to make snow and so do i but wuts the point of firing up the guns for one night, then not being able to fire them up again for a couple days and so on. i mean i want bear to open really bad, but it just doesnt make any sense, it just seems like a huge waste of money

i think everyone wants bear to make snow and so do i but wuts the point of firing up the guns for one night, then not being able to fire them up again for a couple days and so on. i mean i want bear to open really bad, but it just doesnt make any sense, it just seems like a huge waste of money

im with you man, there is nothing that they can do, snow making is very expensive id rather them wait for a 5 day break then just going once a week.

well the lights are now on. i think theyll be firing up soon. not like itll really help much in the grand scheme of things, but seeing bear blowing would be nice

Looks like last night was a no-go. From their site:

Wednesday Update: We were unable to make snow last night, our low temperature was 31.3F with 77% humiditiy. It looks like our next chance at snowmaking is the 9th or 10th.

Total bummer.

The forecast shows marginal temps for tonight depending on the humidity. Snowmaking is all dependent upon the wet bulb temperature which is a measure of the temperature and the humidity. Here is the forecast from accuweather and it looks like the 9th or 10th will be the next possible snowmaking period.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day...62&metric=0