Blue snow/park update 11-22-06

Shadows

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha so much hate. We've got a lot of guys puttin alot of work into the place this year. I'm lookin forward to stuff thats really well maintained. We're lucky in the fact that we pretty much have the only park in PA that is a whole trail with a decent amount of vert. We have top to bottom features, and there is more motivation than ever among park crue members to make stuff great this year with all of the improvements management has given us=. I'd like to get some pics of all the new guns on Sidewinder, its so impressive to stand on the top of the trail and just see how many there are now. We are gonna be able to put so much snow on that trail.

I agree that new lift + better snowmaking + wider trail + grading + best entrance scheme short of park passes = the best potential in PA for a park. However, realize your strength is jumps not jibs, and other places are going to have better jibs. If blue had a line of 3 big step down jumps, with like 2 ramps each, in a row with no turns, that would be the best rhythmn line in PA. However, the jibs I've seen don't look great. The swingset rail to me looks like it has potential. The bus maybe, the kinked s box is circuses but I'll go for it a few times. However, the thing that makes a park fun is a good mix. If it is ALL circus rails, then that will suck. If it is ALL jumps, that would suck, if it was ALL stock rails, that would suck. I'm worried we're going to end up with circus rails and jumps and not many really nice stock rails.

im not liking the swingset box either.. sorry freeridintre..

Haha no worries I didn't say you have to like anything, I have my own feelings about stuff too. I actually think that feature has a lot of potential believe it or not. The way I would set it up needs a wide flat lip and steep landing, which I think we'd be able to do with all of the new snowmaking capacity. How it actually ends up getting setup will be up to park crue and management, but you can be sure that any suggestions will be heard. I think most of the crue is in agreement that it is all about flow and smooth hits this season.

Both swingset and that s-box thing are a total waste of metal/plastic/time/life

Camelback doesn't have much/any room to speak.

I'd like to get some pics of all the new guns on Sidewinder, its so impressive to stand on the top of the trail and just see how many there are now. We are gonna be able to put so much snow on that trail.

When i hiked last wed, we didn't get any pics, but yeah, the guns are impressive, and the fact that the old ones are gonna be used also just makes it better.

.... If it is ALL circus rails, then that will suck. If it is ALL jumps, that would suck, if it was ALL stock rails, that would suck. I'm worried we're going to end up with circus rails and jumps and not many really nice stock rails.

I think that blue is just getting the hard shit out of the way first, and then they're gonna turn out some standard jibs. They do have quite a few sitting out- the pictures don't show justice (nothing new, just old stuff that isn't used.) Also, they're making a bigger stairset, so there's some good shit

As far as the construction of the new rails.... Not an issue. They are 100% solid, with perfect welds. No worries there.

gay ass global warming weather shit we got going on.

aka east coast warming. CO's been skiing since 10/15 :chea::downhill:

Paradise would be sick for a park though. It would be a nice mellow slope thats good for just cruising through hitting endless lines....the landings would be a challenge though for the 375ft booters booter mtn builds