Who will have the most trails open?

Timeless

PA Mountain Openings  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will have the most trails on Saturday?

• Shawnee
    • Blue
    • Camelback
    • JFBB
    • Other
  2. 2. Will anyone other than BB have any park features?

• Shawnee
    • Blue
    • CB

Who do you think will open with the most trails this weekend.

Shawnee looks to be blowing a lot of snowm but the pic's might not be recent.

Blue's website is crap, it's hrad to know what they're doing but they are usually the best at opening.

CB will they open at all? Or will they wait a week to ensure "the best snowsport experience"....wankers

JFBB seem to be making a play for the headlines.

blue will have a park open. as far as most trails, its not necesarily a fair comparison. sure, boulder will probably have more open, but they're 300 feet long, as opposed to stuff at blue that is over twice that long. so blue might not have as many trails, but the skiing overall is still better.

Blue will NOT have a terrain park open. From what their Ski report phone message says, they are opening with 6-7 trails...Come Around, Easy Out, Vista, Midway, part of Main Street. I am assuming from where Midway connects down to the lift, unless X-ing is open, then Main St. would be open from where X-ing connect to the lift. Burma Road might open at some point during the day.

Blue always opens with the smaller side of the mountain first. To access both terrain parks you need snow from top to bottom. And they only started blowing snow at the base area about 3 days ago. But I will be there tomorrow since I have off from work! :wiggle

I went up to Blue this morning and to my suprise, they did have a park set up (a flat down box, 2 jumps and another jib on Come Around)

Typically, Blue has always kept the park features to the park. This is the 1st time they have opened with park features. There was no mention that they would, so I assumed they wouldnt.. but it just made it that much sweeter while on my lift ride up I spotted it.

MCskiALOT - I left Blue around 2:30ish.. didn't hear ya but then again, with that wind blowing as hard as it was I don't think I would have hear a bomb drop right next to me.

I was expecting a little bit more of icy conditions after yesterday's warm temps and then quickly getting cold but the conditions good. But then again, it was opening day and I could have been going down on a piece of plywood and been happy! haha.

• 3 weeks later...
I went up to Blue this morning and to my suprise, they did have a park set up (a flat down box, 2 jumps and another jib on Come Around)

Typically, Blue has always kept the park features to the park. This is the 1st time they have opened with park features. There was no mention that they would, so I assumed they wouldnt.. but it just made it that much sweeter while on my lift ride up I spotted it.

MCskiALOT - I left Blue around 2:30ish.. didn't hear ya but then again, with that wind blowing as hard as it was I don't think I would have hear a bomb drop right next to me.

I was expecting a little bit more of icy conditions after yesterday's warm temps and then quickly getting cold but the conditions good. But then again, it was opening day and I could have been going down on a piece of plywood and been happy! haha.

Where have you been? Blue has had the same park on come around since opening day....on sunday it was 1 jump, butter box, gap on flat box, and ride on flat box...are you sure they changed it up? that makes no sense to add another jump when thy have no room or snow for that

I'm actually surprised with this come around park this year. In past years they blew in the lower terrain park and set up there, until they could get sidewinder open...which may never happen this year. They only blew a little bit on lower sidewinder, but the bulk of it has no snow whatsoever. If you think, it only takes a few cold nights to get a BASE down, which would just merely open sidewinder as a trail. It'll then take a couple more nights to get enough snow to put up any features....top to bottom trails may never happen this season until late january...hoping a cold rush will come then. But once feburary hits, they've got about 3 weeks left to blow...then they better hope everything is solid because they are about to hit the spring meltdown.

Where have you been? Blue has had the same park on come around since opening day....on sunday it was 1 jump, butter box, gap on flat box, and ride on flat box...are you sure they changed it up? that makes no sense to add another jump when thy have no room or snow for that

I'm actually surprised with this come around park this year. In past years they blew in the lower terrain park and set up there, until they could get sidewinder open...which may never happen this year. They only blew a little bit on lower sidewinder, but the bulk of it has no snow whatsoever. If you think, it only takes a few cold nights to get a BASE down, which would just merely open sidewinder as a trail. It'll then take a couple more nights to get enough snow to put up any features....top to bottom trails may never happen this season until late january...hoping a cold rush will come then. But once feburary hits, they've got about 3 weeks left to blow...then they better hope everything is solid because they are about to hit the spring meltdown.

My post was from opening day, Dec 8th.... On that day, they had a different set up then what they got going now. When you 1st entered come around, there was a gap on flat down box, then a jump were that wide picnic table is which lead into the next jump that is still there. THe jump they took out was a much bigger one than what they have now. By the next week they changed the set up, took out the flat down and the big jump. Added a the two rollers and the flat box.

With the widening of Upper Sidewinder, how do you think the lighting will be? Last year it seemed to me that it was kinda dark in the park. I didnt see that they added more light, but I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
question... is JF actually blowing snow into the woods onto the glades? and on risk it? if so, thats weird

that is all

Jordan

I think with the snowmaking they have now, the "blow over" from the trails that they are blowing on is putting down enough snow off trail. That's probably why they have them listed as having snow made on them.

I think with the snowmaking they have now, the "blow over" from the trails that they are blowing on is putting down enough snow off trail. That's probably why they have them listed as having snow made on them.

no way it would be enough for mad tree... they would have to physically put snow guns in the woods to cover that