open friday

GSSucks

to all those bastards that are at blue mountain right now, i hate you all because youre all out there riding while im stuck in my f'in office. fkljdsakl;jfaskldjfklsdjfklja

to those who went today, can you please tell me how much the lift ticket price is? i heard that since blue doesnt have all their trails open that it will be a discounted price.

also, report the conditions please

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skied Windham on Wednesday, very few death cookies and the crews did a good job for the weather they had to deal with, by 1pm, it was skied off but decent. Unfortuantely, by Sunday Blue will be a pile of wet slop and will probably close again by Tuesday or Wednesday to protect whatever will be left of the base. This season is not looking so good! Head west boys, head west......I will be skiing Vail and Beaver Creek next week and Steamboat over Christmas, heading out to JH or UT in January, then over to demo 08's skis 3rd week in Jan.

Merry Christmas to all and I sincerely hope the weather patterns change. OK, thats all the nice stuff I can stomach to write. May Santa bring the blue snow crew an instruction book for the snow guns this year!

Edited by Finndog

May Santa bring the blue snow crew an instruction book for the snow guns this year!

someone told me that the nozzles that nucleate with in the guns at blue are too worn from the dirty pond water so the water droplets are too large to make decent snow. That is the reason for the crust, in that they blow for as long as they can in the mornings and end up spraying water rather than crystals.

True, I don't know, but the snow is definitly different at blue.

they know how to bloe good snow... they did it at the end of last season. they just dont do it on a regular basis, unfortunately

well from experience making snow for the beginning of the season last year.... Its all about QUANTITY, not QUALITY, which is kinda gay, the snows blown really wet, and heavy, producing more snow, but the dryer it is, the less snow you have but i'm assuming you all know this already so i wont go on anymore... In my opinion, i know we all love to have early season openings, but if theyd take there time the conditions would be better, but time is money. So all in all its just kinda lame-o.