CB Staff showing respect

Dave_S

If CB linked to here I think that would actually go into the dictionary as the definition of Irony. :rofl

No doubt - but it would show that there is hope! and that they are not afraid of change to gain improvement.

But lets wait and see first!

yeah Craig has the gift of gab.. he is good at tempering things. however after speaking with him periodically for over a year, I dunno.............. I originally thought he would help progress CB... sorry I kind of have grouped him in with the rest now.

Hard to turn an ocean liner. but if they did come around you would have to admit that would be a display of hope. I respect your opinion but I will try to be optimistic. My time spent at CB last year was an improvement upon the previous years so i will remain hopeful.

Hard to turn an ocean liner. but if they did come around you would have to admit that would be a display of hope. I respect your opinion but I will try to be optimistic. My time spent at CB last year was an improvement upon the previous years so i will remain hopeful.

Don't get me wrong, they are improving, they have a powerful machine there and I expect(ed) a lot more by what I was told. Some things really set me off. I think the last straw was the totally bogus article in the Inquirer.

you posted a problem/concern? and he replied in a pm?

i cant stand it

I simply stated that the spam was so out of had that i no longer find the board "safe" for my kids and that is did not speak well for CB. nothing more specific than that.

I suggested that CB management stick to running the resort and perhaps at least taking some advice from the folks who know how to run a board with style and grace.

PASR is the only forum i go on.. i used to go on rideCB, but didnt like they way it was setup or just the whole vib of it.. and when i owned a VW i used to be big in the VWvortex forums.. all in all this is an excellent forum!

I wonder if Camelbacks new management even knows the history of PASR???

Yeah, he does... I spoke to him for a while last year and actually explained the history and the dynamic between the 2 boards to him. I feel bad, looking at what has happened to their board. I know they're busy doing their marketing stuff and it must be frustrating as hell to come and look at the board and see that stuff. Craig seems like a good dude, and there are definitely no more hard feelings between the management of this board and CB management.

My concern would be if they linked here, would all of the spammers follow onto this site?

No. The moderators on this board are more active than their moderators, also the software they are running isn't as good at stopping that sort of things as IPB is.

No. The moderators on this board are more active than their moderators, also the software they are running isn't as good at stopping that sort of things as IPB is.

Yep! We get the same type of stuff coming here, but we have proactive staff that knocks it out before it has a chance to affect anyone. It sucks what's happening, but it's not all that hard to control.

I remember a few years ago when Bill Gates announced spam would no longer be a problem by 2006. Currently, 90% of all emails are spam...it's sort of like any kind of freedom---as long as there are certain freedoms, spammers will be there, too. DMC completely shut down his alternative Hunter MB in the off-season and I imagine it was because of the spam.