A mellow night in photos...

Ski

Ty opened her ski season with me tonight at BB...we arrived just as the sun set and skied 20 runs. It was funny that overly ambitious newbie ski instructors kept trying to give us tips. Some tips were a little suspect, to say the least, but it was cool that they were lovin' their jobs.

What a difference a day makes, though. It was about 40 degrees and all the guns were quiet, as opposed to last night's blizzard.

Again: thanks to BB for letting my 6 yr old ski for free :rock

Hey, Poc, she's still a couple of inches from gettin' her butt up on the chair. That's a big deal, 'cause it'll keep her off the devo team this season. Such is life. She can ski a diamond, but can't get on a lift...cool, though, was that she put the bar up every time and gets off the lift alone.

The bright side is that she still needs me :)

Nice report and pictures... :rock I see Ty is trying out poles now...2018 Olympic games here she comes.. :

Ha, we're looking at the PA Cup...we'll just shoot for those. And, yeah, she gets to use poles for 1/2 the time; I carry them the other half.

Ty opened her ski season with me tonight at BB...we arrived just as the sun set and skied 20 runs. It was funny that overly ambitious newbie ski instructors kept trying to give us tips. Some tips were a little suspect, to say the least, but it was cool that they were lovin' their jobs.

What a difference a day makes, though. It was about 40 degrees and all the guns were quiet, as opposed to last night's blizzard.

Again: thanks to BB for letting my 6 yr old ski for free :rock

I saw both of you on Tannenbaum when you where telling her to slow down as she was flying down toward the bottom of the slope. If I would have known that was you at the time, I would have introduced myself. I did a few runs down that side and had on a blue/black jacket and brownish colored helmet. I got a kick out of watching an instructor teaching a man and woman and the woman just wasn't getting it. I heard the instructor say that she couldn't ride the chair back down :rofl . It almost seemed that fear was holding the lady back. That's something that a lot of little kids seem to lack. You always see them straight lining down slopes and pray that they stop before going through the lodge :rofl .

Yeah, that instructor had it rough for a couple of lessons. Poor guy, I would cringe when they'd assign me a private or semi-private with someone in their 20's that had "skied a couple of times when they were younger". Percentages have it that they are going to end up crying or doin' that weird hysterical laugh. All possibility of learning shuts down.

Ty was a blast tonight...first run of the year and she tucked that run, with me trying to catch up, scared crapless that she was going to bite it hard. Then, she did it on the second run. So I took her to the top of the mountain and let her get it out of her system. Then, we headed back down to that lift...what a great, wide and straight fall line run to practice on...in fact, I always forget what a nice ski area BB is. The race course for J4/5's is awesome and I even took my wife to BB on our third or fourth date. We made a long ski vid that I made MC sit through when he was here to grass ski.

Again, props to BB for doing everything right for us early season visitors...

Yeah, that instructor had it rough for a couple of lessons. Poor guy, I would cringe when they'd assign me a private or semi-private with someone in their 20's that had "skied a couple of times when they were younger". Percentages have it that they are going to end up crying or doin' that weird hysterical laugh. All possibility of learning shuts down.

Ty was a blast tonight...first run of the year and she tucked that run, with me trying to catch up, scared crapless that she was going to bite it hard. Then, she did it on the second run. So I took her to the top of the mountain and let her get it out of her system. Then, we headed back down to that lift...what a great, wide and straight fall line run to practice on...in fact, I always forget what a nice ski area BB is. The race course for J4/5's is awesome and I even took my wife to BB on our third or fourth date. We made a long ski vid that I made MC sit through when he was here to grass ski.

Again, props to BB for doing everything right for us early season visitors...

When you took her to the top of the mountain, did you take her on the Boulder slope by the triple chair? That had some really nice snow on it.

When you took her to the top of the mountain, did you take her on the Boulder slope by the triple chair? That had some really nice snow on it.

I think so...all the trail signs are plastered with snow, though. I know it wasn't the race slope that MC and I spent Tuesday on, but more toward skier's left.

BTW, MC only takes a leak at the top of trails and NOT at the middle, even if it's more private, because he doesn't want to waste a run. That's obsession.

And, yeah, Jeff, I'm takin' all my ski buds out for drinks when that happens. F*ck, was it really that long ago when I was trying to make you feel better that I'd smoked you on a course? Ah, the good old days...