Gonna Bite the Bullet

Dan-

Buy a helmet. After being told countless times to buy one. I finally decided it would be in my best interest and safety to get one.

Gonna pick this one up either tomorrow if i can find it in a shop or order online.

http://store.burton.com/HolidayGiftGuide/G...D=1165793348341

I figured it'd be a good idea because of the speeds i tend to enjoy riding at. Which are extemely fast, anyone who has ridden with me can tell you that.

If i were to hit my head going that fast. Needless to say it wouldn't be good. So i figure better be safe then sorry.

Yeah, there really is no benefit to the mountain, if they offer discounts for that. They'll just loose money. It's a riders choice, and mountains don't get sued for injuries that happen on mountain. Buying the lift ticket is basically signing a liability form saying your liable for your own actions. So that will only bury the mountain.

• 1 month later...

bump

Buy a helmet. After being told countless times to buy one. I finally decided it would be in my best interest and safety to get one.

I've also decided im going to buy a helmet.I've been looking around for something lightweight and fairly low profile. Under $100. I've been looking around at some R.E.D.'s, Giro's and Pro-tecs. The one I like best is the smith holt w/ audio.

Smith Holt Audio $75

what do you guys think? Let me know what you guys use and how you like it. I'm going to a few shops tomorrow to size and get a good idea of what i want.

Buy a helmet, ride or learn for free...at Killington

National Safety Awareness Week Kicks off Saturday and we have a great deal for you! Stop by Killington Sports or Killington Outfitters and purchase a new helmet through Jan. 19 and receive a voucher to exchange for your choice of a free lift ticket or Perfect Turn group lesson.

bump

I've also decided im going to buy a helmet.I've been looking around for something lightweight and fairly low profile. Under $100. I've been looking around at some R.E.D.'s, Giro's and Pro-tecs. The one I like best is the smith holt w/ audio.

Smith Holt Audio $75

what do you guys think? Let me know what you guys use and how you like it. I'm going to a few shops tomorrow to size and get a good idea of what i want.

I got a R.E.D Frequency. 110.00 Awsome helmet. Has kept my head warm in -25+ degree temperatures. Comfy, and very lightweight.

The one I like best is the smith holt w/ audio.

Smith Holt Audio $75

Yo I got a Smith Holt this season. Thing is sick. Look through the Gear Forum, I think I wrote up a little review of it after the first night I wore it. I'm definitely liking it more and more with each day. I'm right in between the fit of the Giro smalls and mediums, and the Smith small fits perfectly. Comfy and warm helmet. I got the white one, and dirt and scratches show up kinda easy but who gives a .....

bump

Smith Holt Audio $75

its either the Smith Holt Audio for $75 i mentioned above or the Giro Encore Audio Helmet for $84. Any opinions?

^yikes dude get on that..

its either the Smith Holt Audio for $75 i mentioned above or the Giro Encore Audio Helmet for $84. Any opinions?

giro

thats a tough call as far as looks but id trust giro over smith as far as helmets go any day, personally. just cause its all giro does.

Edited by k2fujative