2 less Liftys

syd harvey

:confused

Seems when your young and dumb and on a power trip the people that know the most are nothing to you....hey PEAKS....is it lonely up there on your pedistal.....BTW....awesome idea on how no one knows what the hell they are doing on the lifts, and if they run any slower R won't stand for reverese it will mean REALLY SLOW.....and now I see The park Logic guys are gone....I got a pretty good idea on why....Where the snow comes first...Thats the motto, the last half of it though is : and the customers (employees) come last.....

Sorry...but i think your wrong. Extremely wrong. The lifties at JFBB are some great people. They are friendly and always say hello and ask how your day is. They are great there.

The lifts at JFBB arent that slow, well the ones that service the beg. areas are and for good reason. I have timed the lifts at JFBB and on average you get to the top in 6 min. Not to bad...

Sorry...but i think your wrong. Extremely wrong. The lifties at JFBB are some great people. They are friendly and always say hello and ask how your day is. They are great there.

The lifts at JFBB arent that slow, well the ones that service the beg. areas are and for good reason. I have timed the lifts at JFBB and on average you get to the top in 6 min. Not to bad...

Yeah I know Beginner lifts need to be slow....but get days with 3500 ppl and that 6 minute ride becomes a 8-9 minute ride with all the stopping and slowing down .... there is no reason any other lifts there EXCEPT the beginners should be run at less then 450 FPM.....

Yeah I know Beginner lifts need to be slow....but get days with 3500 ppl and that 6 minute ride becomes a 8-9 minute ride with all the stopping and slowing down .... there is no reason any other lifts there EXCEPT the beginners should be run at less then 450 FPM.....

you mean they dont run the lifts at top speed? they could go faster?

I always thought that lifts were generally run as fast as they could go? no?

Jordan

Yea a bunch of new lifties there, they're nice but it was kind of funny on the 3rd day they were open. I kind of raced onto one and the guy paniced and almost hit the stop button thinking I was going to get hit by the chair on tennanbaum. Later I heard him ask his supervisor about it, and the guy was like 'if he looks like he knows what he's doing its fine'. Then I was getting off at the top and there was a kid down in front of me and the guy was standing outside the shack looking at the kids and then at me and couldn't figure out to hit the button or not with this classic paniced look on his face. I told him I got it and he left it run, but he said something about it being his first day. I laughed a bit because almost everyone seemed new, but at least they're nice and they'll get it soon enough.

And actually the guys at JFBB checked my pass more often than any place I've been to that doesn't have a person designated to checking passes (visually or scanner - u no what I mean). Although both days I was there they were taking out kids who were poaching the park because it is right at the base and everyone was hiking anyway (which is bullshit, don't scam the one mountain open that actually made a bunch of snow for us, its not free people).

I was there they were taking out kids who were poaching the park because it is right at the base and everyone was hiking anyway (which is bullshit, don't scam the one mountain open that actually made a bunch of snow for us, its not free people).

word ! or don't cry if you get caught, pay the fine and keep moving.

And actually the guys at JFBB checked my pass more often than any place I've been to that doesn't have a person designated to checking passes (visually or scanner - u no what I mean).

they do get $5 for every person they catch without a lift ticket, but it has never inspired them to check in the past, i guess the new guys want to make a little extra cash

they do get $5 for every person they catch without a lift ticket, but it has never inspired them to check in the past, i guess the new guys want to make a little extra cash

The bounty for catching people without a snopass got increased this year so I don't recommend trying to get away with not having a ticket. Most of the JFBB lifties are great. Some are new, but that is the case every year. The noobs are learning everyday and have shown great improvement over the first week. Aside from beginner lifts, all lifts at JFBB are run at 400 to 550 depending on each lift's particular capability. If you think a lift is running too slow you can ask a lifty to check with the lift manager on speeding it up. That won't guarantee it gets sped up, but it can't hurt you to politely ask.