Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard from a few employees that there shooting for march 18th for closing...

and i also heard that your not going to try to make more snow becuase people dont

come and buy lift tickets the only people come are the season pass holders

i also remeber last year when we were all told that they were going to push snow to the left side of the mountain and the parks to stay open untill late march early april... and then when that time rolled around nothing happened and they closed like march 14 or somethign

bear creek owes it to season pass holders to blow whenever possible. i heard the 18th today too i sure hope thats not true..... alot of shit now is just going to be talk like pushing snow to the other side of the mt, i think that if the other side melts the whole mt will prolly just close.

As I said, this information is untrue. We'll make an annoucement today in our daily staff meeting to clear up the rumors and get all of our employees on the same page.

nvm

The age requirement that i have for hiring park crew is 18, The reason there is a 17 year old on park crew was that member is extremely dedicated and also volunteered for over a year before being hired, if someone can prove themselves then i reconsider the age requirement. I hope this clears up your questions.

yeh it does, thanks andy. i was jw because i would really like to be on park crew soon and since i noticed a 17 year old i thought that maybe i had a chance for next year. i could def prove it too you, ive been building things around my house for ever, just give me a rake and a feature and ill fix it right up haha

Snowmaking weather returns tonight! We will be making snow tonight, Monday night, all day Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday night! Call in sick and enjoy some snow therapy!

i just have noticed everytime i come early nothin is ever done with the parks

like it will prob be like 9 before park crew shows up

but park crew once they get out they do a good job

Think we can get the large stairset open by monday

Edited by Matt B

so did the park crew just give up or do they not like to work on sudays? the park this past sunday was a total disaster..everything was rutted out and the landings were horrible..i know the snow was crap, but i didn't see them out once the whole 6 hours i was there.

rutted haha, the gapers must have been out in full force. All of the short hits had hot tub size holes in the landings. Tubing park was much better.

On sunday the snow was impossible to shape after like 3. We did the best we could and raked and salted everything but the snow had no intregerdy so some features got pretty bad. That said, alot of the features were also really good. As for the landings, there is nothing you can do when the snow is like that other than close the jump and regroom it and let it sit overnight. The good news is with the manmade snow, we should be able to keep everything in great shape. Sorry that some of the features weren't perfect but when they get heavy traffic and the snow wont hold, there is nothing you can do. Moral of the story- granular snow is bad.