Discussion of ParkLogic Petition

method9455

I want to reiterate the point that the core community of park people that are posting is a small percentage of the actual fall out. This is a national event as was the announcement that park logic was coming to Big Boulder.

I know that my family can be indirectly and directly responsible for many many new patrons, the converse is probably also true. Regardless of the dedication and passion of the replacements to Park Logic, there is no possible way to convince me that they have the skills to execute.

Park Logic was operating on a much bigger picture with a long plan for BB to be a premiere park. I believe that they treated Big Boulder as it was thier own. It is unfortunate that those who are disgruntled, were not supportive to the bigger goal. I think ultimately it hurt everyone including themselves. We were very proud to be associated and willing to be patient during this growth period. That patience is waning. Already, we miss the updates.

It is not too late for damage control.

You DO NOT have to sign your real name if it makes you uncomfortable

I wrote that they don't have to but its at the bottom, but I don't mind throwing mine out there since a google search of my name already yields a few newspaper articles about me,my email addresses, my high school, my college, my dorm address, my political views, and even back to PAskiandride. Pretty much everything short of my phone number and home address. Google yourself, it is a little scary.

me personally, i wanna hear the official reasoning. The only reason boulder wouldnt say anything is because they had no or a bad reason to do it. If they had a good reason why, they wouldve said it by now.

no, companies don't release why employees were terminated, thats not good business practice, and thats between management and the two people involved, not you.

do we even know for a fact that they were fired, or they left themselves. nothing is really clear.

from an admin end of things here, i can say that our interactions with shawn have been nothing short of spectacular, and he came up huge, however, it never happened as he was no longer employed. he was doing great things for jfbb.

and gurp, why would they fire him for no reason? :banghead

they definitely were forced to leave against their will. And itd be one thing if they fired two nameless park crew. They fired the two guys that they made a huge deal about earlier in the season. They at least owe us a new plan to replace the old one. All that it appears to be right now is someone with more power than those two, had his ego stepped on, and a lot of customers got shafted to pet that guys ego.

they definitely were forced to leave against their will. And itd be one thing if they fired two nameless park crew. They fired the two guys that they made a huge deal about earlier in the season. They at least owe us a new plan to replace the old one. All that it appears to be right now is someone with more power than those two, had his ego stepped on, and a lot of customers got shafted to pet that guys ego.

If I were you, i would bring a hard copy to boulder on a friday or saturday night and have people sign it.

Jordan

I agree with that, but I won't be up this weekend. I'll be snowboarding on Monday, but how many people are up there on mondays? In the future, I will do that. The percentage of people at Paskiandride.com versus the general riding public is very very small

I agree with that, but I won't be up this weekend. I'll be snowboarding on Monday, but how many people are up there on mondays? In the future, I will do that. The percentage of people at Paskiandride.com versus the general riding public is very very small

I will be there on Monday for a little while.

It was very good on saturday. I doubt anyone has anything close to what they have set up in our area. They have a great base and all the set ups were clean. The crews were frequently maintaining the small bomb holes. CB's holes were 5 times the size on sunday comapritively. They also mid day groomed the jumpline on saturday. I can't remember ever seeing any mountain regroom jumps mid day.

It was very good on saturday. I doubt anyone has anything close to what they have set up in our area. They have a great base and all the set ups were clean. The crews were frequently maintaining the small bomb holes. CB's holes were 5 times the size on sunday comapritively. They also mid day groomed the jumpline on saturday. I can't remember ever seeing any mountain regroom jumps mid day.

yeah i deff. agree, i was there sunday and they groomed merry widow midday and i also have never seen any mountain do that either.

I really don't agree with parklogic being forced to leave. They were doing super great shit for that mountain, as well as the other peak resorts. The plans were huge, and shawn was a super nice guy. There is definitely talent between the two. I've never seen smoother or nicer looking jibs. Replacing them (from a fabrication standpoint) will be very hard. Whoever is responsible for their leaving should feel like a dick. They screwed up something really good for a lot of people. But then again,that's not to say that the drive and ambition isn't there anymore. Just because two core members left, doesn't mean that they're totally screwed. I mean, the jibs are staying there- property of boulder. It's a matter of setting up and maintaining them correctly. I definitely think that boulder has the drvie/ambition to keep things up this season. Shawn and Julian leaving had to motivate other park crew members to work that much harder. Keep lookingfor good things, you'll definitely find them at boulder.

"No Comment" (posting for megan) :wiggle