Boulder Tonight (18)

insomniac

keep an eye out for them to blow tonight if the weather holds. Report back if you can!

Today: A chance of showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high near 56. Northwest wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Tuesday: A chance of flurries. Partly cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind between 9 and 15 mph.

Tuesday Night: A chance of flurries before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind between 11 and 13 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 21.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 41.

Friday Night: A chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: A chance of snow or rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Yup, and fallin' all over the place. Off night and a half. Should be gettin' new skis I can finally get used to again real soon, gonna try out some Invaders.

alright yeah i saw you guys all night then.. i was in the gray puff.. and Who Wants to Shred was with me in his orange camo jacket

Nice, say hey next time.

So I just wanted to note that the the 4 of us (me, Gurp, Insomniac, and Justo) found it pretty interesting how more and more stuff around the mountain just says "Big Boulder Park." Gurp kinda mentioned that they wanna go 100% park (hope thats OK that I post that), and I had heard rumors but didn't really listen that much with all the other stuff that goes on. They took the same template they use to paint the rails and tagged the walls of the bar area with the "Big Boulder Park" logo, and there are signs up that say "any trail may have features." I'm all for it. It's kinda nice for BBJF that they have a mountain they can devote to park and a mountain they can devote to lessons, rentals, vacationers, recreational skiers, racers, etc... I personally prefer skiing a mountain that has both park and normal runs that I can rip, but I think it would be really cool to have a mountain that is park only in the area to push the other mountains to develop their parks more. Of course there is a flipside to this, but it should be fun to see what happens.

Park crew, you guys are doin a great job with things. Gives us at Blue somethin' to keep up with. Hopefully Bear, Blue, and BB will all get some cold temps so we can all start makin' some park goodness.

think it would be really cool to have a mountain that is park only in the area to push the other mountains to develop their parks more.

DID YOU GUYS read the first notice that is in large type on the 3 foot by 6 sign in the middle of the sidewalk as you walk to the slope? HAHAHA didn't think so. Warnings don't apply to park rats do they? hahahahahahahahaa Read that sign silly people!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a little bit of snowmaking last night, and then 2 more nights are coming. Unfortunately it doesn

Hey nice to meet ya. Now you know me.

Nice to meet you too dude.

alright yeah i saw you guys all night then.. i was in the gray puff.. and Who Wants to Shred was with me in his orange camo jacket

I remember seeing you, I had the black on with the black and white poof ball hat. I remember who wants to shred more than you, but I definatley rememeber seeing you too. Next time you see me, say what up.

DID YOU GUYS read the first notice that is in large type on the 3 foot by 6 sign in the middle of the sidewalk as you walk to the slope? HAHAHA didn't think so. Warnings don't apply to park rats do they? hahahahahahahahaa Read that sign silly people!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a little bit of snowmaking last night, and then 2 more nights are coming. Unfortunately it doesn

i really like the jumps. i thought the only problem with that first one on merrywidow was that the lip isnt really very well lit, like its between two of the lights or something. other than that, the shape of the lip was nice, and the landing was good. once they can blow snow the whole width of that trail so that you dont have to turn right in front of the thing to line yourself up, it would be sick. also, does anyone besides me hate the way the handrail is set up? i felt like the lip wasnt really far enough away to be a true gap on, but it wasnt close enough to be set up urban style, it was an awkward in between that made it super hard to clean the rail. i've done handrails that were easier for me to clean than that thing.

i really like the jumps. i thought the only problem with that first one on merrywidow was that the lip isnt really very well lit, like its between two of the lights or something. other than that, the shape of the lip was nice, and the landing was good. once they can blow snow the whole width of that trail so that you dont have to turn right in front of the thing to line yourself up, it would be sick. also, does anyone besides me hate the way the handrail is set up? i felt like the lip wasnt really far enough away to be a true gap on, but it wasnt close enough to be set up urban style, it was an awkward in between that made it super hard to clean the rail. i've done handrails that were easier for me to clean than that thing.

What was gurp saying last night? I watched him and nipples clean it several times. Nipples had more trouble with the 5" flat bar in the beginner park.. Interesting, I wonder if the set up changed since saturday?

Look for the jumps on Merry Widow to change a little bit. they agreed with Nipples that the location of the first jump was not ideal, and with a little bit of snowmaking they will be able to move it down the hill a bit (creating a bit more flow). Once they are able to open Boulder park, Merry Widow will change a lot. The top windy section sets up great for 2 BIG hip jumps.

That signs in the wrong place man. Everyone comes up through that stupid tunnel now since that is where the validation office is. The sign is over by the ski school area. The only time I noticed it was when I was in the lodge and the thing was 30 feet away. All I could read was the "Big Boulder Park" that they seem to be tagging all over the place.

Ya I agree about the jumps and lack of flow. They were still pretty nice and it was good to see something like that this early in the season with how tough a time all the mountains are having conditions wise.