Help us bring winter back!

Bear Creek PR

If anyone from BC management is listening here,this is a crazy idea that just might help you guy's out next time you light up if you give it a shot,it certainly beat's praying to Ullr...lol.Now,I have no idea how big your retaining pond's are,and I'm sure buying truckload's of ice isn't realistic,but I'm sure you guy's have some spare snow laying around(or take snow as you make it).Measure the temp in your pond near the intake first,then start dumping your spare snow into the far end of your pond's until you lower the pond temperature as low as you dare.Keep the snow away from the intake's and you should be okay,also don't let the water get as cold as to where it start's to turn to slurpee,as the pump's will cavitate and not be able to pump water.Next year you guy's should look into buying a water cooling setup from York Snow,I'm sure it would greatly help you out in the future.GOOD LUCK GUY'S!!!!

It's not going to make a difference dumping snow and ice into the pond..it's more in spirit. A co-worker of mine has a pool in his yard and during the middle of the summer when there was a heat wave..he thought he could lower the pools temperature by putting some 10 pound blocks of ice and the pool and it didn't make any difference. If temps permit for snowmaking tonight do you think Bear Creek will open for the weekend?

Damn,I guess I will stop putting ice in my lemonade to cool it down.Your buddy had the right idea,but poor execution.It's all about scale.If you dump enough snow into that pond...IT WILL MOST DEFINITLY COOL DOWN THE WATER.Plus,the snow will sink to the bottom,unlike block's of ice.Don't ask me how I know this....lol.Listen,York Snow wouldn't make water cooler's if it didnt' make any difference.I've been messing with making snow since 1992 @ JFBB and have learned quite a few eye-opening thing's.Cold air+cold nucleated water+low humidity=great snow.I'm not trying to argue here,I would like to see all the mountain's fully open just like you guy's.

Edited by YummerzZz

http://www.buck-wyld.com/

The girls pretty freakin hot...num num num

Yes she is (was)!

Took the 45min drive to BC tonight to check out the festivities. Ch 10 was there, so was Ch 69 (Berks Co.).

First let me say that their web site said 18 and over but I sent Mary a PM around 5pm and within an hour she got back saying that they decided to make it open to all ages.

So, took the family. Kids enjoyed the fire and the snacks. Wife and I enjoyed the band (yes they were country and southern rock) and really enjoyed embarrasing our oldest as we danced. Drinks were reasonably priced.

I'm guessing a few hundred were there.

Some of you probably got some runs in at CB or BB or Blue tonight but BC put on a good party and gave some of it's employees work

You think you pass holders have it tough, what about the people who booked the hotel a year out and are stuck at BC without much to do!

I have been skiing for 35+ years and in the business for 15, and can think of only a couple of winters that have come close to this. Things will get better before Spring gets here and the mountains will be in good shape. You will have the opportunity to get your money's worth out of your pass.

Enjoy New Year's, enjoy the Eagles win, and make some turns!

You think you pass holders have it tough, what about the people who booked the hotel a year out and are stuck at BC without much to do!

Most reputable mountains would refund if you cancel a day or more in advance. I know Killington did that this year for people that had rooms and packages booked when they missed their target opening...

The bonfire was stupid, we drove 20 minutes up there and then they wouldnt even let us throw our old snowboards on!!!!! they never even knew about the whole throw your ski's and snowboards on the fire thing they said there was no way they would ever do that, what the hell????? I was pretty unhappy about that....

Thanks to everyone who came out to the party on Friday night! I hope you had as much fun as we did!

Also, the reason you were not able to throw your old equipment on the fire is because it wouldn't have been environmentally friendly. We had strict regulations about the fire, including the size, the time, and what we could and couldn't burn. We did burn skis, but they were "homemade" by our maintenance shop and didn't contain any chemicals that would be harmful. I hope that helps to clear things up.

Mary

So BC you want some snow? I just saw this on the front page of yahoo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070101/ap_on_.../selling_snow_3

A woman selling the snow that was on her yard and around her in Denver. Should have done like a fundraiser to get money to buy some snow.

I looked on ebay and I couldnt find the auction but I didn't do an indepth search, maybe someone else can find it.

Yeah thanks for finding it sno. Pretty weird how someone would sell it, and even weirder how someone would buy it for so much. Shipping for that probably would cost alot.

Bear Rep, think you can manage to get some money to get some of that for us passholders to ride on? You could advertise that you are the only mountain on the east coast that has Colorado snow.