Sony Cyber shot

Schif

I got a Sony Cyber shot for Christmas this morning. I"m a complete n00b when it comes to photography. Anyone have any opinions on this camera? Is it good, is it bad. Should I take it back. Its got a setting for snow so I assume it will be ok to take on the mountain but I don't want to go before I get some feedback from all the photogs on here. Any advice (even negative) would be appreciated.

I got a Sony Cyber shot for Christmas this morning. I"m a complete n00b when it comes to photography. Anyone have any opinions on this camera? Is it good, is it bad. Should I take it back. Its got a setting for snow so I assume it will be ok to take on the mountain but I don't want to go before I get some feedback from all the photogs on here. Any advice (even negative) would be appreciated.

i have(had) one from about 2 years back, 5 mp. I can't find the thing now :banghead I can't offer much but it did take nice pictures and the video wasn't too bad either. You'll have to wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about opinions but thought i would chime in.

I used one a few years back that a friend loaned me to play around with while at bonnaroo. Very easy to use, but the pictures were a little flat.

However, they have a lot more R+D into their cameras now that they teamed up with Konica Minolta, but i'm not sure if that had any affect on the point and shoot cameras.

Check out http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/ and look up your exact model to get a good idea on how it stands up in the grand scheme of things.

i've used one in the past and also have a nikon that i love. it's a solid camera, and as long as the lighting is good you shouldn't have a problem with shutter speed. but in terms of your individual use, if you are indeed a complete "n00b" then you don't need the best camera on the market. this should be a great intro camera to get you going into photography. that way youre not dropping 4 figures only to find out that you think taking pictures is boring.