blue or bear?

snoboardr270

Blue Or Bear?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Blue Or Bear?

• Blue
    • Bear

hey. in the past three years i have been goin to blue mountain and they recently put in a sidewinder park. this was ok, but i was wondering if there is something better at bear creek that i am missin because i heared they are completely remaking their park. just trying to make a decision as to which place has the best terrain park. give me ideas. thanks

hey. in the past three years i have been goin to blue mountain and they recently put in a sidewinder park.  this was ok, but i was wondering if there is something better at bear creek that i am missin because i heared they are completely remaking their park.  just trying to make a decision as to which place has the best terrain park.  give me ideas. thanks

I've only been to Blue, as I have a season pass there, but I'd have to say what they did with sindwinder was awesome, they fit some much stuff on that trail. There are plenty of people on the board that have been to both, and I'm sure will comment!

Welcome!

id like to give you a more solid answer, but i can't as of right now. however, we are in the process of getting our first mountain representative on board here. our goal is to have at least one representative (an employee) signed up and active here to answer your questions. it just so happens our first rep will be from Bear Creek. it is unsure as of now how long it will be til the Bear Creek rep will be signed up and active, but it won't be long. when they are all set they will be able to answer that question for you!!!

I can tell you that Bear's park takes up about 7 trails, and has all different sizes of jumps, t.tops, rails, half pipe (IMO the pipe doesn't look too great, but the rest of their park is Big, and filled with stuff).

Not sure about Blue's park, but I don't think it is as big as bears.

ur forgetting big boulder too. last year they had the biggest jumps in the poconos as well as the most rails. theyre parks are maintaned EXCELLENTLY and theyre grooms really know what theyre doing when it comes to jump and park shaping. check it out this year if u havent been there. ive never been to bear, but i can assure u that big boulders parks are 100% better than blues

Whats up everybody. Blue park has some nice stuff but their grooming is terrible. I find it to be more dangerous than anything, the whole layout, you can not see whats coming up. Their rails are too skinny and their are no boxes to be found. Jumps with big ruts in them. Thats why I got a pass to Bear instead of Blue this year. Bear grooms better and maintains stuff better and has a better layout and better features. Blue is awesome for freeriding though. Big Boulder park is sick too. Bear and Boulder defintley have the best parks around the area.

Edited by Allian Boarder

hey. in the past three years i have been goin to blue mountain and they recently put in a sidewinder park.  this was ok, but i was wondering if there is something better at bear creek that i am missin because i heared they are completely remaking their park.  just trying to make a decision as to which place has the best terrain park.  give me ideas. thanks

Hey Brian! Folks- this is Brian he goes to Parkland too, lol He was one of the people I gave a sticker to so I quess the stickers are working for advertising. :rock

• 3 months later...

hey guy... im new here but i just got back from blue and i have a pass at bear so hear's my opion on this... blue has a crap park in my oppion the just are just too small and the rails too skiny. at bear thye have small and big jumps a massize wall ride. but they dont seep to keep up with the pipe. in my opion i think bear has the best park around

Blue plain and simple heres why

1.First off its located south of the Lehigh Valley so when the poconos are making snow bear creek cannot always do so.

2.I don't know about everyone here but sure bc prices are lower but they open after everyone and close before everyone.

3.BC often has to close in the middle of the season due to weather

4.BC often gets bad bare spots during a warm spell

5.Blue has a HIGH speed quad and bc has this slow speed quad as I call it

6.BC has short runs

7.When they haven't made snow in a long time the snow tunrs brown and looks like some took a shit all over it

So basically if you want the park go to bc but you get what you pay for so if you want to ski early in the season and later in the season go to blue.

Blue plain and simple heres why

1.First off its located south of the Lehigh Valley so when the poconos are making snow bear creek cannot always do so.

2.I don't know about everyone here but sure bc prices are lower but they open after everyone and close before everyone.

3.BC often has to close in the middle of the season due to weather

4.BC often gets bad bare spots during a warm spell

5.Blue has a HIGH speed quad and bc has this slow speed quad as I call it

6.BC has short runs

7.When they haven't made snow in a long time the snow tunrs brown and looks like some took a shit all over it

So basically if you want the park go to bc but you get what you pay for so if you want to ski early in the season and later in the season go to blue.

If you were talking about a freeriding experience I would be behind you all the way, but as far as park, the above isn't as much of an issue. From the things I've heard BC's park beats Blue hands down, but I haven't seen it for myself, so I don't want to be the one to pass judgement.

I have rode at both a lot this year, I have a season pass to Bear Creek because it is so close and so cheap and their park is way better than Blues. I go to Blue to cruise around because there is not much at Bear. I was up Blue last night and they did add a nice up to flat box and a nice little rainbow rail which was good to see. That said the park was a complete sheet of ice and I took a nasty spill going off a jump with a messed up lip, I am sitting here in a lot of pain typing this and might have to go get x-rays of my hip today. Bear Creeks park is setup way better and a lot more variety of hits and rails, boxes. Blue is getting some better features but it will never be good as long as they keep it on sidewinder. But Razors Edge was awesome, seemed like there was ice almost everywhere except on that run, the conditions were awesome, a really great run.

dont pass judgement on blue at night. ski it during the day and you will get a whole different idea of the place. the park was perfect today. nice sized table up top, a step up, a medium table, the kink rail is set up perfectly, a step down, then the c rail in the top park, and the first jump in the lower park has an option for bigger or smaller jump now, then the flatbox, then mailbox, then the double barrel rainbow or up flat box. everything was set up excellent today, must better than i have seen anything at bear this year except the wallride. that and sidewinder is a fun trail for a park because you get some regular skiing in on it too.

dont pass judgement on blue at night. ski it during the day and you will get a whole different idea of the place. the park was perfect today. nice sized table up top, a step up, a medium table, the kink rail is set up perfectly, a step down, then the c rail in the top park, and the first jump in the lower park has an option for bigger or smaller jump now, then the flatbox, then mailbox, then the double barrel rainbow or up flat box. everything was set up excellent today, must better than i have seen anything at bear this year except the wallride. that and sidewinder is a fun trail for a park because you get some regular skiing in on it too.

If he said it then you got your answer :lol:

• 3 weeks later...