Freshly Waxed

phillycore

Just got done waxing 3 pairs of boards...

I tried this Demon hot wax this time around... never used it before but it totally kicks.. Then I coated them with some swix F4 just for good measure...

What wax do you guys normally use??

I normally use Dakine hot wax and follow it up with either some swix f4 or some race paste

Dr. D's stuff blows away Swix and Toko, for both quality and price. For non-racing, I'd go with his universal hydrocarbon:

http://www.racewax.com/servlet/the-Ski-%26...-Wax/Categories

Or get the warm stuff, since we're global warming so fast...

BTW, in case you missed it, he's a local PA guy that's been doing it for a long time and has had his stuff tested by some great racers (uh, and me, too).

Whatever I get free at work, its usually Swix, and I use the temperature one not the all purpose for the most part since wax is free and I do it all the time, I can just re - do it. I wish they sold the size wax we have at work, its a huge brick that can do about a million pairs of skis and we have it by the case, I just want to buy one case and it would last me years. Does wax ever go bad?

Sometimes I throw high Fluro wax on when I'm really going crazy, but not too much cuz that stuff is expensive and I bought it seperately.

I got new skis and this is how I prepped them.

Generic warm wax base coat (some junk I got at a ski sale cheap), a layer of Papa Woody Synthetic, and since its been warm put on some Swix CH10 Yellow Hydrocarbon (32-50 deg) Occasionaly I may put on a dash of some Swix F4 univeral glide and really buff it in. It's been working really well.

I have to check out Dr D's stuff though because it seems everyone that has is really happy with it.

Edited by Skizilla

Just got done waxing 3 pairs of boards...

I tried this Demon hot wax this time around... never used it before but it totally kicks..

i had demon last year- smelled nice vanilla and such. so good.

I usually just use all temp wax. Occasionally i'll bust out the winter shit. When spring conditions come, i'll bust out the yellow swix, or better yet, the black OBJ. I mostly use OBJ, bcause it's sick shit. Swix here and there. If i'm out of all temp, i mix summer and winter was to get the general blend. I try to wax every other day out,

My ski shop had a box of scraps and I melted them all together and made bricks for every so often cleaning, waxing and summer storage.

15 billion different steps for race skis. I tend to stick to holmenkols methods and waxes since I still have a stock, I cork Dr D's flouro on race day and intend on migrating to all his products when current supplies are used up.

• 3 weeks later...