The Boot on OneTwentyOhSeven

AtomicSkier

Rolled in a little late, around 7:25 with my friend. Booted up, and got on the lift around 7:35. Saw me lookalike immediatly, skied a few runs with him. Then I ran into MBikeMike. He was wifeless and kidless, which is the perfect combo. He skied with us until the line for the 6pack backed up a little bit, but next run it was down to nothing. We also had another PASR in the house, but i forget his name as i was jamming to my ipod :banghead Justo and Toast skied alot of runs with us. Justo was threading the needle on Lazy flying past all the patrollers whistling at him. You can see him coming from a mile away with those orange bases. Toast was grilling some steeze. He left cause he was toast, so Justo skied the final runs with us. He was heading in for food to wh0re off of trev's discounted food, so we left, as the 6pack line was fckin long at that point, around 10:45. Conditions were pretty good. Lazy could use some fresh blown snow, but it wasn't too bad. Main Street was the nicest it's been all season. They just need more terrain open. When I pulled into my parking space at school, kids next to me were going snowboarding. I laughed and asked if they were going to blue and they said yup. I said "good luck" :banghead

Day 1 without Doug.

We also had another PASR in the house, but i forget his name as i was jamming to my ipod :banghead

That was me.

Here's my report for the day...

I got there at at 7:05am, left my house at 5:30. got salt-blasted by the PennDOT truck on the turnpike on the way up :angry: .

got on the second chair up, did lazy mile and main street all day. nothing beats main street and lazy mile right after they groom it and there is no one on it. Did about 5-6 runs and found AtomicSkier, tried to tell him my name ... but from what i read above he had his iPod going. Did a few runs with him and a few other PASRs, then went back to skiing myself. Left around 10:45 when the lines were beginning to get long.

short report today ... currently planning a last-minute day trip to stratton for tonight into tomorrow.

p.s. -- does anyone know any good hotels/motels at Stratton?

I was there too. I got there at about 7:45-8:00. Something like that. Did the Lazy Mile, Falls combo most of the time with a few Main Streets mixed in. I was on the Six pack at around 10:45, when it stopped for abotu 15-20 minutes. I got worried because it started to go, but then it JOLTED back. That happened a few times, but then it got fixed. When I got to the bottom, I found out that their lift computer crashed :banghead:rofl

I tried to look for some PASR's but no cigar. I left at around 12:00 pm. It was probably one of the best days at Blue mountain. They were blowing on alot of terrain. Including Sidewinder which had alot of snow. It seems as if the lower park is going to be open tomorrow.

I was there too. I got there at about 7:45-8:00. Something like that. Did the Lazy Mile, Falls combo most of the time with a few Main Streets mixed in. I was on the Six pack at around 10:45, when it stopped for abotu 15-20 minutes. I got worried because it started to go, but then it JOLTED back. That happened a few times, but then it got fixed. When I got to the bottom, I found out that their lift computer crashed :banghead:rofl

I tried to look for some PASR's but no cigar. I left at around 12:00 pm. It was probably one of the best days at Blue mountain. They were blowing on alot of terrain. Including Sidewinder which had alot of snow. It seems as if the lower park is going to be open tomorrow.

we were there.... :banghead

it opened today around 12:30 or 1ish.

Got on the mountain around 10am, left around 6:45pm. My sister was with me and she hasn't skied in about 4 years so i was helping her get the hang of it again. She did mostly Burma Road, and went on Lazy 3 times but it was too crowded and slick for her, so she went back to burma. i stayed with her about half the time, with a few speed runs down main street here and there. got in 20 runs - took the main street lift 9 times, the 6-pack 8 times, and the quad 3 times. main street lift lines were ridiculous...i once waited 15 minutes (at least). snow was decent, i couldn't find much powder and my skis were tuned since i last used them and i'm not used to carving that much this year so i had some trouble at first, but once i got on main street a few times i as good. it was cold as hell at night...on the speaker at the main street lift they said to be careful, it was 19 degF with a wind chill of -3 degF. earlier in the day i dropped my gloves off the quad, just after it opened. if you saw the fool dressed in black who skied under the quad, picked up some gloves, and put them on, that was me. all in all, a good day. my sister and i had fun.

I asked at the summit lodge ticket window about NASTAR for tomorrow, they said it wasnt gonna run.

I talked to one ski patroller on the 6-pack who told me they were really pushing to open Sidewinder Park tomorrow. I overheard another patroller say it was gonna be open by midweek. It looks like they have enough snow down to open it tomorrow, but it could definitely use some more. I say it'll open mid-week. Believe whichever story you want. :rock

That sucks dude, but at least its just your wrist. My best friend broke his arm 3 times and now has a metal plate with 16 screws - doesn't hold him back from snowboarding at all after the cast came off. So you lose one year - at least its not your back, your knees, or your neck. And if your going to miss a year, this one is about as shitty as they come so it could be a lot worse.