Turkeys?

am476

This past Sunday (1/21), while riding up the Glen lift overlooking the Turkey Trot trail, I had a moment of questionable sanity. There was a flock of turkeys walking around on Turkey Trot - literally.

I'm not sure if I want an explanation that would ruin such an awesomely absurd moment, but I think I have to know why/how they were there. I know that the presence of turkeys trotting about justifies the name of the trail, but nothing else about the situation makes sense.

I think I have to know why/how they were there.

Wild turkeys are native to the area. I think there are three flocks which live around big pocono state park and camelback. I think the forest rangers keep loose tabs on them, but I'm not positive. There was a herd of about 5 deer on the asp about a week ago. I'm still hoping to see a bear at a mountain sometime in the fall/spring.

Edited by Glenn

Wild turkeys are native to the area. I think there are three flocks which live around big pocono state park and camelback. I think the forest rangers keep loose tabs on them, but I'm not positive. There was a herd of about 5 deer on the asp about a week ago. I'm still hoping to see a bear at a mountain sometime in the fall/spring.

Thanks for the explanation. Any other explanations for how the turkeys knew that Turkey Trot was the appropriate trail for them to hang out for the afternoon would be welcome.

Thanks for the explanation. Any other explanations for how the turkeys knew that Turkey Trot was the appropriate trail for them to hang out for the afternoon would be welcome.

Could be that they were following a regular poster here who is a real "turkey". They recognize their own kind.

hook, line, and sinker. Gag away big boy.

wow... i must be really blind or really stupid because it has been really obvious to me that the only poster you try and antagonize is me. Are you proud of your catch the same way you would be at that silly trout farm?

wow... i must be really blind or really stupid because it has been really obvious to me that the only poster you try and antagonize is me. Are you proud of your catch the same way you would be at that silly trout farm?

papa u need to be kicked in the balls. you never answered my question from the cb message board. "How on earth do you have the time to post on this board with the frequency that you do?" :confused

I see turkeys (fat chicks) at camelback every now and then. They are usually horrible skiers and dress poorly.

Well you aren't blind because you can see how far it is from where you park to the lodge . . . so . . . given the choices that you list . . . you must be really stupid. I can agree with your admission.