Exclusive offer for PASKIANDRIDErs

RACEWAXdotCOM

I have been using some of his warm wax as a base layer, and some of his cheaper fluoro waxes before I go out, and it working out real well. I think they glide better than the swix (which I was using before). Also there deffinatly cheaper :)

Good Stuff Dr. D!!!

Hey doc, can you let me know what i would need to set myself up to do my own tunes and put a package together - just the basics - no bells and whistles?

There is a thread pinned here that has some good tuning info. Also his site has some excellent info.

Hope the offer is still on. I'm sending an order. Perfect timing!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my wax Friday. I took a break Sat around lunchtime and put on some cheap warm wax and did the scrape and polish thing and then put on the Dr. D sample.

Had to warm it with the iron a little to get it to spread. I didn't put too much down as I usually just drip wax on so I really didn't put too much on. (I barely used an 1/8th of the bar.) I ironed it in with a bare iron moving fast, since I don't have any fiberlene stuff, and then let my sticks sit for a while. Scraped and polished and then took the sticks out for a few runs.

The stuff was FAST!! At least as fast as the swix CH 10 stuff with some F4 polished in. I bet if I topped it with some F4, or some other glide wax this stuff would be phenomenal.

The only thing was that after a few runs I could tell it was wearing off. Still for as thin a layer I put on it held up pretty well. I should have put more on but it was my first time using the crayon method. Next time I'm going to really paste the stuff on instead of taking it easy.

Next weekend I'm going to do up the sticks right and really test it out. So far I'm pretty impressed. Props to the Doc!!!!!!

Got my wax Friday. I took a break Sat around lunchtime and put on some cheap warm wax and did the scrape and polish thing and then put on the Dr. D sample.

Had to warm it with the iron a little to get it to spread. I didn't put too much down as I usually just drip wax on so I really didn't put too much on. (I barely used an 1/8th of the bar.) I ironed it in with a bare iron moving fast, since I don't have any fiberlene stuff, and then let my sticks sit for a while. Scraped and polished and then took the sticks out for a few runs.

The stuff was FAST!! At least as fast as the swix CH 10 stuff with some F4 polished in. I bet if I topped it with some F4, or some other glide wax this stuff would be phenomenal.

The only thing was that after a few runs I could tell it was wearing off. Still for as thin a layer I put on it held up pretty well. I should have put more on but it was my first time using the crayon method. Next time I'm going to really paste the stuff on instead of taking it easy.

Next weekend I'm going to do up the sticks right and really test it out. So far I'm pretty impressed. Props to the Doc!!!!!!

Well, as you guessed you didn't use enough and that may have contributed to the loss of speed with time. You used about 2 grams (your bar was about 20 grams) and I use about 8-10 grams. I found the opposite on the durability. Last year I would wax weekly, this year I was still flying on my second week (about 6 days).

I think putting F4 over my stuff will slow it down.

Well, as you guessed you didn't use enough and that may have contributed to the loss of speed with time. You used about 2 grams (your bar was about 20 grams) and I use about 8-10 grams. I found the opposite on the durability. Last year I would wax weekly, this year I was still flying on my second week (about 6 days).

how do you rub on 8-10 grams of it?!

Yep I tried it again and used more wax and it lasted much better. And DON'T use any F4 or glidewax over it. It will slow the skis down. I had to find out the hard way.

Get your iron warmed up to temp.

Take the side of the wax bar and barely scrape the iron with the bar until it starts to soften.

Start at one end of the ski and quickly rub the warmed up edge of the bar onto the base and rub it on really thick for a few inches.

When wax stops rubbing on then reheat and do a section farther down the ski.

You will wind up with overlapping patches of crayoned on wax.

Take your iron and move it rather quickly down the length of the ski a bunch of time to even out the wax and to get it to soak in. When it is a fairly even layer then you should be able to let it cool.

If you have been waxing for a while and you don't use that much wax then this will seem like a lot. It won't go to waste though.

Edited by Skizilla

To clarify, I use about 4 grams per ski and the method described above is good. I do it slightly different. I crayon with the wax as is a thin coat then I go back over it with softened wax (it takes literally 1 second to soften it so don't over do it) to get it on thicker. I like this way because the first coat ensures 100 % coverage and I don't have to be so perfect in the second crayon pass with the softened wax. I get good coverage but use less wax.

• 1 month later...