Snowed by rangers

Glenn

imagine what would have happened if you snowed the rangers

Yeah it would have been movie time. That sucks man.

Yea, a lot of the rangers arent that great of skiers. They just feel badass when they put that yellow jacket on. I got yelled at for skiing fakie down cleo...

They were jealous that they couldn't do it. :wiggle

I don't get the whole patroller/ranger whistle/yelling things at Camelback & Blue. I'm used to Mountain Creek - no matter how fast you go no one cares. The only time they are an issue is when you go out of bounds they clip tickets. I had a run in once for riding the bike trail under the gondola one year when there was actually snow, but the guy was pretty chill about it. More along the lines of - don't want people who can't do it trying it and getting hurt, than flipping out. It just seems unnecessary - if I want to get treated like these guys do I'll just do 120 in my car on 287 and get a ticket, its ridiculous.

Not much to say except I was snowed by 2 rangers in the park today while strapping in. Some other douche "buzzed" me in the same spot. I think if I was rolling with a crew there would have been a brawl.

dude thats what im for :naughty:rocks

yo do werk on them bitches, i guarantee if you would have said anything to them they would have just rolled away. Although they have been know up there at CB to not be very accepting to the snowboarders. I call for a quota where there has to be just as many snowboarder ski patrollers as there are skiers.

its a lot tougher for a snowboard ski patroller to pull the medical sled than a skier, thats why they are pretty rare.

plus more time to unbuckle/buckle in

Yea some day when I'm older and rich and retired early as a ski bum (or maybe I should just become a ski bum and skip this college/job bullshit) I'm going to be a patroller. But not a "I'm a wanna-be cop" patroller (not saying all patrollers are, but there certainly are some) but a West Coast avalanche patrol & medical type guy. For that I'm going to be on skis. Its hard to do the sled with a board, its hard to do a lot of the avalanche work without skis, you can't traverse well on a board, just a lot of things that make inconvenient for a patroller.

Not much to say except I was snowed by 2 rangers in the park today while strapping in. Some other douche "buzzed" me in the same spot. I think if I was rolling with a crew there would have been a brawl.

Come on, names or descriptions. There weren't that many there on Wednesday. Where were you buzzed??

At the top just off the lift? Just like the "park rats" post, don't lump them all together.

Come on, names or descriptions. There weren't that many there on Wednesday. Where were you buzzed??

At the top just off the lift? Just like the "park rats" post, don't lump them all together.

At the top where the lift is, I just skate to infront of the first feature rather than strapping in and waiting behind the huge crowd of other people on a relatively flat piece of land. They came down from the birches. It was two guys, I don't know much else as I was looking down at my bindings then got hit with two waves of snow, and then the rangers more or less bombed through the park (ok maybe they were doing that pocono shuffle bit). They were halfway down the trail before I even got strapped in, and riding was more important than ratting them out.

The guy who buzzed me wasn't a patroller just a snowboard, but he came from birches as well. I know better than to pick a fight with rangers, but I was pretty pissed when the snowboarder buzzed me, like I said if I had a crew I would have probably gave him some serious lip or thrown some punches. I wasn't trying to get stomped by him and his friends though.

Edited by Glenn

Snowboarders make awful patrollers when compared to skiers.

That's quite a statement. What is your basis for it? I've seen snowboarding patrollers and I certainly wouldn't turn them away if I was hurt.

its a lot tougher for a snowboard ski patroller to pull the medical sled than a skier, thats why they are pretty rare.

I haven't seen that.

I know several snowboarding patrollers and have seen them pull sleds. They made it look pretty easy, especially in the piled up sugar. Are you speaking from your personal experience?

Snowboarders make awful patrollers when compared to skiers.

plus more time to unbuckle/buckle in

well congratulations you've made yourself look like an idiot. How could you possibly judge snowboard patrollers that way? To make the judgement that a snowboarding patroller is not equal to a skiing patroller is not only poorly thought out but it also lacks any credible evidence. I have never seen a patroller on a board have any trouble bringing down a sled, and in fact i'd go as far as to say it's easier for someone on a board to have better stopping and control power than a skier. It's silly that you would say that because you're taking credibility away from the boarders who patrol and who have outdoor emergency care skills that are equal to if not better in some cases than patrollers on skis. Pull your head out of your ass, especially after you fall and get treated to a very respectful and well performed incident response by a patroller on a board.

new blood from CB is trying to set all the kiddies straight on how to act and the proper way to complain. :rolleyes:

Thats true its the CB MB crowd probably has been forced to come over here, its not the people who have been here a long time that are fighting. Although CB MB died about a year ago, the new website just made it official.

I dunno - as a snowboarder and a skier I think it is easier to control a sled from skis.

I don't think anyone can deny that skis have some all terrain advantages over snowboarding. It isn't culture or anything, it is just simply easier to do some things on skis. Traversing flat ground in powder - sucks hardcore on a snowboard. Moving uphill, not very easy. Standing upright for a while, not great. Watch some backcountry snowboarding videos and you'll see a lot of the guides are on skis. It is just easier. Why else do they split boards? So you can get to where you need to be, and then you can come down as a snowboarder.

well congratulations you've made yourself look like an idiot. How could you possibly judge snowboard patrollers that way? To make the judgement that a snowboarding patroller is not equal to a skiing patroller is not only poorly thought out but it also lacks any credible evidence.

You have completely blown my mind.

I don't know if you're really that stupid or if you're just trying to troll. Either way doesn't deserve a response.

Sidenote Aspera joined 2 days ago - and then goes and attacks DHarrisburg and Oakley who are among the more intelligent of posters here in his first post. Not to mention his home mountain is Breck and hes posting on PASkiandride. When you want to talk about looking like an idiot - maybe you should read your own posts first. You took a generally uncontroversial topic and started yelling and acting like a moron so, good work. Maybe Teton Gravity is more your place - they're brutal over there.