Thanks, Coach Jim!

Ski

Props to the best gate-setter in the East...

Ty and I had lunch with a father/son that raced today, (I'd just met them at the Twood ASRA last weekend) and they had as much fun as we did. He's considering buying a season pass to Sno next season and a big part of his decision is because the effort you and your staff put into NASTAR.

Again, thanks for a great day...rumor has it that you lurk here once in a while...

Ya today was awesome even in the park,I took a run down the race course and got yelled at haha.

I don't understand why you racers yell at us when were on the race course,how do you think we feel when your in the park hitting jumps in a line doing all gay trick and cutting people off.

Ya today was awesome even in the park,I took a run down the race course and got yelled at haha.

I don't understand why you racers yell at us when were on the race course,how do you think we feel when your in the park hitting jumps in a line doing all gay trick and cutting people off.

Park is open to everyone. Race courses are not.

Race course was public today.

And DHarrisburg your a huge dick to everyone.Stop thinking your the shit cause your not.

Uh, he answered your question and he didn't insult you how was he being a dick. The trail might not have been closed but I bet the gates were.

Edited by Glenn

Was there timing equipment in place? Were racers on the course? I can think of several reasons why you deserve to get yelled at. The only okay time to jump in a race course is if the course is empty and it's not roped off. You don't say if a race was in progress or about to be in progress, but course prep could get screwed up, necessitating more work. If racers are on course and you are in the way, you are not only endangering them and yourself, you are potentially interfering with their time on the run. I personally don't jump in race courses even if they are not roped off and I don't see kids on the hill, because where we are you can't see the entire course from some points on the hill, so they MAY be on course above me.

And I didn't see anything wrong with what DHarrisburg said, either. In fact, relative to some here, I rarely do.

Edited by sibhusky

It was roped off a little where you start,no one was in the starting gate,everything was already set up,me and my friend just went down the left side of the everything to get a good look at the park and when were down the bottom they guy yells get off the slope,even though it was a public race,i mean i can see if it was a huge race or something.

I guess you racers just don't like us skiers with wear baggy outerwear.Haha

Race course was public today.

And DHarrisburg your a huge dick to everyone.Stop thinking your the shit cause your not.

hahaha. who is the one being a dick?

its not like i was making out with him or anything...

i would start to worry about you if that were the case. actually, i would hope that if you had a dream like that, you wouldnt share it on a public site. haha.

Ha, TP4, you're too funny.

Nick: it may have sounded like DH was being dickish, but he wasn't at all. That was pretty much it. The entire Switch slope shuts down and, if you saw today, they ran a rope across the entire entrance near the start house.

But if you watch any race, USSA or even World Cup, course workers are constantly scraping out ruts between racers and while a new racer is just getting on course. People all scream "COURSE!" at the workers, to let them know to hurry back away from the gates where they are scraping.

It sounds rude, but it's sometimes life and death and just the way it is.

With NASTAR, they are particularly concerned with people barging the course, even if nobody is close to you, mostly because of the timing gear. Yesterday, several people wandered through the finish area when people were on course and there times were ruined. People paid to be on the course and people that didn't know any better screwed up their time.

To keep anyone's feeling from being hurt and to keep paying racers happy, the best solution is to completely rope off a race trail...which is what they did today.

Sorry you were yelled at, though. If you ever want to take a quick NASTAR run for free, go to the start house around Noon or 3pm, and ask Jim very nicely if you can take a quicky. Tell him you are a PASR and I'm sure he'll say it's cool. Maybe you'll get hooked and sell those twin tips for GS:12's like Jeffy.